Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZbzW5hYUlE#t=3084s

Yes! There is. If you click on play, youtube will advance to Meryl & Charlie's EX, and their encore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post

Yes! There is. If you click on play, youtube will advance to Meryl & Charlie's EX, and their encore.
    Oooh…awesome!!!…thank you

vCash
    The finale. Meryl dancing with the flower girl is just too cute.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD7SeB3vGGM&sns=em

vCash
    Thanks for the links Doris. What a great start to my day!!

vCash
    I have significant trepidation that regardless of superior performance in London, that the judges will deny Davis and White another World Championship. I also think that this will carry over to the Olympics. And, at least for the former, Phil Hersh agrees with me per his latest article. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...5895647.column

vCash
    Did he say anything meaningful? (It's behind a digital subscription wall)

vCash
    Did he say anything meaningful? (It's behind a digital subscription wall)
    I got to read it and typical Phil trying to stir the pot again.
    Looks as if U.S. singles skating is right where I put it at the start of last month’s national championships.
    In the doldrums.
    With little chance of getting back a third entry for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
    But the outlook is a just as gloomy after the Four Continents Championship that ended Sunday in Osaka, Japan.
    After an analysis of the men's and ladies comp as viewed from a U.S. perspective he went on to dance and finished with this

It wasn’t all gloom for Team USA at Four Continents. The brilliant ice dancers, 2011 world champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White, came back from second in the short dance to beat their main rivals, reigning world and Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada.

Forgive me for thinking the judges will make sure the result is different on the Canadians’ home soil next month, especially if Chan does not win a third straight world title the day before.
    So my answer to your question would be "No, he didn't"
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Not really. M and C are brilliant but will probably be denied the win if Chan loses the day before. Silly speculation, but hey, go Chan just in case.

vCash
    When did Phil's articles become subscriber only. Didn't love his point of view- but he's the only person who writes about skating, so it was nice to read!

vCash
    Why does Phil write about skating if he disrespects the sport so much? It's people like him that perpetuate the idea that all results are fixed, which is disrespectful not only to the judges, but to the competitors. Meryl and Charlie wouldn't work so hard, or think about sport and competition the way they do if they truly believed this sport is nothing but politics. It's sad that young people who may be inspired to learn more about ice dancing from D/W's Classroom Champions videos might encounter "sports journalism" of this quality. Maybe its for the best that his articles are subscriber only!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    When did Phil's articles become subscriber only. Didn't love his point of view- but he's the only person who writes about skating, so it was nice to read!
    You can sign up for the "digitallite" option where you are allowed 5 free articles a month. That's what I did in order to be able to read the article.

vCash
    I can't handle Chanada right now. I would say I hope he falls on his face, but knowing his record that will have absolutely zero effect on his score.

vCash
    Woah, so much happening.

Discussing their main competition, is relevant to me, you may disagree, in regards to Meryl and Charlie. They aren't competing in a bubble. Those are my reasons and I feel perfectly fine doing so here. I'm not fans of theirs, so I don't hang out in their forums. I don't think I have to make apologies.
    Tessa/Scott aren't monsters, why shouldn't I feel compassion for their situation. I'm not crying a river, but I am interested. Just because some other group is being nasty, doesn't mean I have to be.
    Yes they practice stopping and going, but I don't think any competitor in ice dance or floor dance would want to be judged on their practice run. It isn't as amazing as the performance in full, even with getting tired. Like I said, programs build in intensity, sections contrast and flow. You lose all that with breaks.
    Asthma differs in severity, so no one can speak on behalf of all people with asthma. Whether Charlie's asthma is as bad as Tessa's knee was, I can't say. I don't think it is. If you look at someone like Yuzu Hanyu though, he is incredibly impacted by his asthma. He trains for shorter periods of time than most skaters...it's amazing what he is overcoming and doing so well.
    Last edited by Jessiebanana; 02-11-2013 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    Just saying, but my grandmother died of asthma, and so did the 24 year old fiancee of a friend. There's a lot of variation in how serious asthma is; it depends on the person. It's impossible to know what is worse than what else.

I would say that Charlie's asthma is less of a problem than Tessa's legs...my grandmother's asthma (she died before I was born) more of a problem than Tessa's legs. But I don't really know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    sry2say but having asthma is practically nothing compared to having chronic exertional compartment syndrome
    jeez

From the asthma.org.uk website

On average, 3 people per day or 1 person every 8 hours dies from asthma
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    Is that in the UK alone?

vCash

OMG, this is such brilliance. Their connection is beyond amazing this season. I adore the genuinely warm feelings they have for each other.
    I seriously cannot believe how much in love with these two I am, from their skating through their personalities to how hot and beautiful they both are. Meryl truly is like a magical nymph too perfect for this world and Charlie might be one of the most attention-grabbing male ice dancers ever.

I was obsessed with only one dance team before Charlie and Meryl, but at this point I can honestly say D/W are my favourite ice dancers of all time.

As for worlds, if it wasn't the last season before the Olys, I would say, what the hell, they already won GPF and 4CC and losing in Canada would be understandable. But I just need them to go into the Olympic season as the title holders...
    btw, why does it always have to be so freaking unfair for them? they already had to deal with competing against Tessa and Scott at the Olympics and now it happens again at a competition setting them up for the Olympic season.

Can't believe they're this close and yet this far from another undefeated season.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    sry2say but having asthma is practically nothing compared to having chronic exertional compartment syndrome
    (btw this is coming from someone who suffers from asthma too.)
    Number of people worldwide who die of asthma in an average year: 250,000
    Number of people worldwide who die of chronic exertional compartment syndrome in an average year: 0

And since I can already see the "Yeah, but most of those people who die live in developing countries," number of people who die in the United States of asthma on an average day: 9
    Number of people in the US who die of chronic exertional compartment syndrome in on an average day: 0

I guess "practically nothing" rather depends on your point of view.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    As for worlds, if it wasn't the last season before the Olys, I would say, what the hell, they already won GPF and 4CC and losing in Canada would be understandable. But I just need them to go into the Olympic season as the title holders...
    btw, why does it always have to be so freaking unfair for them? they already had to deal with competing against Tessa and Scott at the Olympics and now it happens again at a competition setting them up for the Olympic season. Can't believe they're this close and yet this far from another undefeated season.
    ITA, but why should be it understandable in terms of their losing in Canada? This shouldn't even enter into the judging equation, but yet it does.

vCash
    At this point, I am pretty convinced that rainbowkisses is just on the boards to stir the pot (I feel like it's the reincarnation of sliver98). I can't possibly believe that someone who previously took issue with ableism with respect to CECS would be so dismissive when it comes to a condition so serious as asthma.

Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Why does Phil write about skating if he disrespects the sport so much? It's people like him that perpetuate the idea that all results are fixed, which is disrespectful not only to the judges, but to the competitors. Meryl and Charlie wouldn't work so hard, or think about sport and competition the way they do if they truly believed this sport is nothing but politics. It's sad that young people who may be inspired to learn more about ice dancing from D/W's Classroom Champions videos might encounter "sports journalism" of this quality. Maybe its for the best that his articles are subscriber only!
    ITA. He never bothers to back up his assertions with examples of how the system is being incorrectly applied or dismissed altogether. It is incredibly frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    I can't handle Chanada right now. I would say I hope he falls on his face, but knowing his record that will have absolutely zero effect on his score.
    how "respectful".

Thanks for the link, Doris. It is nice to be able to watch this performance again and again. That is one of my favourite songs from Nashville, so it is a real treat to see Meryl and Charlie skate to it. I hope they do CSOI and perform it there

Also, are there any vids from M&C meeting their fans in Japan? As a Jeremy Abbott uber, I have been spoiled with such vids (when fans bring cards and gifts), and I would love to see Meryl and Charlie meeting with their wonderful Japanese fans. I'll post if I see anything.

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast