Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I would like to know who that 'one' person is who would call B/L a "flawless pair"?

It's quite obvious they are Russia's #1 pair? Is it?
    That would be Vaitsekhovskaya? She wrote that it was obvious at this moment of time, anyway.

Frankly, it surprises me that so many people are getting so over something so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    She really does not spare her words! The problem with Bazarova/Larionov is the lack of the feeling and really used music choiches. Her postures are absolutely regal, but watched live, they just lack the wow-factor. Figure skating is more than just doing the elements. But I totally agree about Duhamel and Radford, they did a good job.

It was horrible for poor Soloviev. They had such a high speed just before the fall that I made note of that to the jump sheet. Blame Putin
    If using really used music is a negative (according to you), I think 80% skaters will not make it. B&L have improved in their expression. It's not a huge leap, but they are making gradual progress in that area. You don't even want to give Vera full credit for her gorgeous positions. I know that even if they skated perfect like G&G (a highly improbable scenario, of course) you will still not give them credit.

I am glad that Vait....brought up the issue about judging. Had B&L been a Canadian pair instead of Russian, there would have been a huge uproar over their silver medal.

I am wondering at this point whether Trankov can handle the pressure of being the favorites. He had major problems in two competitions in a row. I also remember that in the 2010 Olympics he was the one that fell on the sbs jumps in the SP. He was given a pass by fans at that time because they felt he was a more consistent jumper than Maria, but a pattern may be emerging here. They will need to skate clean at the Russian nationals to break out of it.

vCash
    After the skate, coach Alexander Zhulin was a universal catastrophe and cosmic sadness embodied
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    That line has sent me into an absolute laughing fit. I'm going to have to work that one into a conversation at some point now.
    It really is brilliant. My favorite line encompassing the whole GPF.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12