Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Go watch. You're going to love it. It's a lot better than the original version. In a word, sublime.
    That's the right word, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I'll have to go back and watch the old version and compare but first thoughts is that this SD seems "lighter" than the older version. They've seemed to change/add some transitions that I think really add to the program and I can't wait to see how it'll look all together as we get closer to worlds. I thought they skated it beautifully and I loved it.

I can't wait to see Carmen tomorrow!
    I absolutely adored the original version, so, aside from that problematic lift, I really did not want them to change it. I have to say, though, the changes worked and I loved how they added intricacy and difficulty to an already complicated SD. I was really blown away by their SD.

Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    I think it is a great improvement, mostly because the polka seems an effortless part of the dance. It was wonderful. I am very happy for them to get such a great score.
    I agree. The criticism that their program was not polka enough never made any sense to me, given that they fulfilled the criteria and there never seemed to be any such expectation in previous years that the pattern dance rhythm should be carried throughout the entire program. I did, however want more of a connection to the polka section from Scott (I always loved Tessa's expression in the polka). His expression seemed a little contrived to me, but today I really got it. exquisite performance.

bbkenn, what was it like live? I hope you are having a blast at Canadians!

Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    That SD was AMAZING period. I have enjoyed it all season but this is like a whole new appreciation. It's like a whole new, jam packed, festival of delight They were so on it was ridiculous. Deserved the score, sorry haters but it is 'Canadians' after all.
    Loved P/I thought they should've been second. for R/H.
    agree with everything you just said. so proud of P&I! really wanted to give Asher a big hug.

Emdee, I hope you had a great time at Canadians yesterday! Have a great vacation!

can't wait to hear the live reports from you lucky people! how amazing it must have been to have seen that performance live!

and ITA, Shayii!

vCash
    Thanks BKF! Great to see you around here btw

vCash
    mesmerizing. they skated as one and that's why they touched my heart (other than making it beat so fast).
    i didnt even think for a moment about the technical elements, just completely forgot because i was completely, totally drawn and absorbed in their story. it was like reading a novel all the way through. that video will be my drug from now on.
    this is a very personal program and they are supreme ice dancers.
    feel like crying now actually...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    Reposting from Nationals thread, thanks Maofan7:
    Thank you so much! And thank you, Maofan7 .

It looks great. And the marks are great too . I am not sure if I like the new version better than the original one - I liked that it had a more complex story line/that mini-FD feel. Although the original version already seemed lighter to me than I had expected with this waltz, but this is even lighter. So, yes, not sure if I like it more, but at least I don't like it less than before. Which is already a lot, since I liked it very much .
    Last edited by lauravvv; 01-19-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: That came out a bit wrong - didn't convey my meaning quite right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    mesmerizing. they skated as one and that's why they touched my heart (other than making it beat so fast).
    i didnt even think for a moment about the technical elements, just completely forgot because i was completely, totally drawn and absorbed in their story. it was like reading a novel all the way through. that video will be my drug from now on.
    You know what you're right. I know they said they weren't focusing on the storyline anymore, just the dancing so I was expecting something generic but I feel like they told a story today in that SD better than ever. it was magic.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash

vCash
    have you seen the replay of the step sequence? its on the youtube version. great camera angle. the unison is unbelievable, but i cant describe the greatness of those steps, there are no words! thanks Tessa and Scott for this masterpiece! that music resonates as though it was their soul. ill never forget the violent emotion i had tonight. =LOVE=

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Well good, I'm glad they got an inflated score because they sure didn't in the SD last year!

Sooooo... comments/impressions/costume and hair reports plz?

Actually when you watch it, it was not an inflatted score at all, totally deserved & easily could have been 80 imo!
    THAT dance skated like that at Worlds is UNbeatable!

vCash
    Is there anyway to get the Eurosport coverage of the Canadian Nationals SD by V&M? I would love to hear their reactions!

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Actually when you watch it, it was not an inflatted score at all, totally deserved & easily could have been 80 imo!
    THAT dance skated like that at Worlds is UNbeatable!
    hahah i cant believe people are complaining about the score
    d/w are prolly gonna get over 80 anyway because of nats inflation its nats what do you expect

vCash
    They seemed to hug at the beginning like they actually do before they go out onto the ice......That was totally "them". BTW I also thing P/I should have placed 2nd.
    Addicted to FSU

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    I am not sure if I like the new version better than the original one - I liked that it had a more complex story line/that mini-FD feel. Although the original version already seemed lighter to me than I had expected with this waltz, but this is even lighter. So, yes, not sure if I like it more, but at least I don't like it less than before. Which is already a lot, since I liked it very much .
    I think I do like the old version a little more. I enjoyed that it was a little different than a typical waltz. I won't say this one is generic, but it is basically "what people would expect from Virtue & Moir," which is to say excellent and a perfectly delivered waltz and polka, but I was into the idea of this being a season where they had two programs that were challenging material.

I do agree with the commentary that this program was sheer perfection in how it was performed. This was their most effortless performance since Mahler at the Olympics. I am blown away by how great they look. They're amazing waltzers, the best since Klimova & Ponomarenko.

vCash
    I loved it. I thought they hit every element and it flowed very well. I have no issue with the changes at the beginning or the other areas, although I did miss the little lift they had before the sbs steps. I am happy if what they do gets them better marks because in the end, that is what counts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thank you so much! And thank you, Maofan7 .

It looks great. And the marks are great too . I am not sure if I like the new version better than the original one - I liked that it had a more complex story line/that mini-FD feel. Although the original version already seemed lighter to me than I had expected with this waltz, but this is even lighter. So, yes, not sure if I like it more, but at least I don't like it less than before. Which is already a lot, since I liked it very much .
    apparently the judges dont like SDs/ODs that look like FDs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    hahah i cant believe people are complaining about the score
    d/w are prolly gonna get over 80 anyway because of nats inflation its nats what do you expect

Oh hell no, I will lmao if D&W get over 80, no way even skated perfect is their SD that good

vCash
    Cherub articulated it - the new SD feels less mysterious or different. But it's such a sublime piece of skate craft that it feels churlish to complain.

vCash
    Oh hell no, I will lmao if D&W get over 80, no way even skated perfect is their SD that good
    Please don't start with this again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    We were mesmerized. My friend felt that they moved as one and had good knees. This from someone who just discovered the joy of competitive skating this weekend! You really couldn't tell where one ended and the other began. It really has a magic when it's live.

Banned Member
    vCash
    never doubt the usfsa if they want something they will get it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I think I do like the old version a little more. I enjoyed that it was a little different than a typical waltz. I won't say this one is generic, but it is basically "what people would expect from Virtue & Moir," which is to say excellent and a perfectly delivered waltz and polka, but I was into the idea of this being a season where they had two programs that were challenging material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Cherub articulated it - the new SD feels less mysterious or different. But it's such a sublime piece of skate craft that it feels churlish to complain.
    In all truth, I had a feeling that I was missing something in the new version compared to the original one. Then I thought about it a bit, and realized what you both wrote. Now it doesn't seem so different from other SDs, so unique. The way how they skate/do it is unique, but the SD itself - not so much. It also doesn't seem so deep anymore. I miss the different moods from the original version - now the mood is sort of more level and doesn't change throughout the dance at all. Also the beginning - but, clearly, it wouldn't fit with the new theme of the dance. Previously, I wrote none of this because I hadn't yet fully realized what it was that I was missing, and although because of the very same reason that you mentioned, Proustable. The SD is still so great, and Tessa and Scott skated it so incredibly well, that it felt wrong to complain, or even to feel anything other than elation. But, oh well, I still like it very much - I certainly wasn't lying when I wrote that. And I am so glad for how they skated it, and the marks they got .

Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast