Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

vCash
    Olympic ice dance champs Virtue and Moir are well-prepared for loud venues http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/olym...3220--oly.html

vCash
    Interesting abandonment of story and staying with movement... this maybe the answer . Look forward to seeing the program at nats though not in person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Olympic ice dance champs Virtue and Moir are well-prepared for loud venues http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/olym...3220--oly.html
    Thanks!
    Sorry, but i am worry about
    The two have made some changes to their programs since their silver-medal performance last month
    “I think a lot of that was just simplifying,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    welcome back!

no news on tessa and scott, but kaitlyn is injured so w/p will not be skating at nationals.

is anyone going to stars on ice toronto this summer?
    Thanks, only back until Friday 18th and then off again for two weeks. I should be thankful for these wonderful hols but instead I am sad that I will miss Nats in Toronto.Thank heavens I am going to worlds though wont be there for the practices. I think I will go to nats next year in Ottawa only problem is it will be so COLD there! Maybe DD will come for the weekend portion of it. Lets see.

Yes I have received my tickets for CSOI Toronto. I dont know how long Kurt will be skating in it - its his last year for the US SOI. With both Patrick and T&S skating my cup of happiness will be full.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thanks!
    Sorry, but i am worry about

I don't think they would use the word simplifying if they meant it in the way you fear. I read it that people (and judges) weren't getting the story they were trying to tell in the SD and that there wasn't enough time to develop it in the time limit of an SD so they are just going for the joy of the dance and the movement which is really all anyone else is doing anyway. The story wasn't helping their marks. I think strategically it's not a bad decision as they can't get caught up in the SD again this season. If the story isn´t getting appreciation I´d rather they focus on the masterpiece that is their FD and just go for the levels in the SD.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I'm disappointed... the story for the SD was intriguing, and I wanted to know more. I thought of it as Scott picking up this lost girl, taking her into his castle and inviting her to a ball. They're dancing the upbeat, social dances in public (polka), but as the evening goes on, it gets more intimate (waltz)....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I don't think they would use the word simplifying if they meant it in the way you fear. I read it that people (and judges) weren't getting the story they were trying to tell in the SD and that there wasn't enough time to develop it in the time limit of an SD so they are just going for the joy of the dance and the movement which is really all anyone else is doing anyway. The story wasn't helping their marks. I think strategically it's not a bad decision as they can't get caught up in the SD again this season. If the story isn´t getting appreciation I´d rather they focus on the masterpiece that is their FD and just go for the levels in the SD.
    Hope you are right But hope simplifying wasnt made with FD.
    How they coyuld made changes again if they didnt have a lot off time if they spend off-ice all 5 days during Christmas?

I'm disappointed... the story for the SD was intriguing, and I wanted to know more. I thought of it as Scott picking up this lost girl, taking her into his castle and inviting her to a ball. They're dancing the upbeat, social dances in public (polka), but as the evening goes on, it gets more intimate (waltz)....
    Tessas movements at the begining of this SD made from it something speciall.
    But look like they wish to be on top more, then save unusuall choreo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Unless there are some really drastic changes, I don't think anything will prevent you from seeing the story the way you want to see it.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Unless there are some really drastic changes, I don't think anything will prevent you from seeing the story the way you want to see it.
    Of course but originally they said they wanted to develop it, so I was hoping that they would explain more about it and maybe add some choreo (nothing major, I'm talking like hand gestures and stuff). I will not enjoy it less, but my anticipated increase in enjoyment has been compromised.

vCash
    How they coyuld made changes again if they didnt have a lot off time if they spend off-ice all 5 days during Christmas?

Tessas movements at the begining of this SD made from it something speciall.
    But look like they wish to be on top more, then save unusuall choreo
    You haven't seen it yet

Too many people were confused by the SD and while I loved the original one (the one at Skate Canada) they are still competing and when you have their titles you of course still want to win. It's why we lost the gorgeous step sequence in the original SD, the construction was such they would never get a level 4. I honestly don't think people (fans and judges) would struggle so much with the theme and concept had Marina not nailed it with Giselle. I think V&M's SD is superior to all others but have to accept Marina really nailed it with Giselle. I suspect her original concept for a Carmen SD would have been just as brilliant but with all the shuffling it's my feeling they tried to work whatever FD concept they had for Hopkins into the SD and the comparison isn't working in their favour. I think it's smart to go for a compulsory dance approach (if that is what they are doing) because few dance the CDs like they do. They need to keep as close to D&W as possible in the SD and the point spread at GPF told them they needed to review their program.

I expect Carmen to intact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with some of the comments I've seen elsewhere. This quote is weird and unnecessary IMO
    "The two said the short dance has become a reflection of their own story as longtime partners.

“There’s a history, there’s the ebbs and flows, the ups and downs. . . I think we tried to showcase the reality of a relationship and truthfully it’s just two people who enjoy each other and are in love and dancing to beautiful music,” Virtue said. “We started with this really complicated storyline and it’s hard to get it across in three minutes and include all of the technical elements as well."
    I'm surprised they were off the ice for five days. I actually thought they were putting in more ice time, especially when I read a tweet from a guy that was super excited about seeing them practice at his local rink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I actually thought they were putting in more ice time, especially when I read a tweet from a guy that was super excited about seeing them practice at his local rink.
    Did you have link to this tweet?

YEAH!
    vCash
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with some of the comments I've seen elsewhere. This quote is weird and unnecessary IMO
    How so?

vCash
    Its funny - all articles with the same text, but with different photos
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...medium=twitter
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...medium=twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    How so?
    I don't know how to really articulate it, but I am starting to think they're playing a game. But the whole the SD is now a story of our lives/relationship and it's a story of two people in love and dancing about it...IDK it seems a bit contrived.

vCash
    Its funny - all articles with the same text, but with different photos
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...medium=twitter
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...medium=twitter
    That's because the story is from the Canadian Press, which is not associated with any single newspaper -- it gets picked up by any of them. The individual paper chooses the picture to accompany it, probably just whatever they have on file for VM for this season.

vCash
    I don't know how to really articulate it, but I am starting to think they're playing a game. But the whole the SD is now a story of our lives/relationship and it's a story of two people in love and dancing about it...IDK it seems a bit contrived.
    yes, that love word is certainly dangled out there. Sounds like Tessa is saying they are in love... and in the past they've seemed to want to avoid this topic and play the friend card. Maybe to stir up fans (like myself )

vCash
    Honestly I think it's all in how you read it. I didn't read it as they are in love but if that is an issue to some people who wonder or want them to be than I can see why they will read it differently. I don't really care if they are or aren´t a couple and believe they aren't based on their personalities. I do think the nature of Carmen may have made them question themselves this season however

But seriously. I always take quotes in print with a grain of salt. There is a ... between the quote that bothers you, you need to know what the ... was. I've seen enough interviews of Patrick Chan and then read his quotes in an article to know the very same words come across very differently spoken vs. printed with the journalists twist.

On a lighter not LOVE the picture in the first article pani posted.

vCash
    I think it's smart to go for a compulsory dance approach (if that is what they are doing) because few dance the CDs like they do. They need to keep as close to D&W as possible in the SD and the point spread at GPF told them they needed to review their program.
    I expect Carmen to intact.
    I agree with this. They also say they've focused on the body movement, so I don't think the actual SD choreography has changed much.

I'm glad it's competition time again soon, so we can have real things to debate. It's beginning to feel like the off-season speculation hour in here. There are separate quotes in that article, and many of their phrases are retold by the writer. I really don't think Tessa was trying to fuel some relationship conspiracy theory, but simply explain the concept of the dance... Just my opinion.
    I would have loved to know more about how Carmen has been progressing in training.

vCash
    Did you have link to this tweet?
    Sorry Pani I missed this post. Don't have time now, but I'll look for it later.
    Honestly I think it's all in how you read it. I didn't read it as they are in love but if that is an issue to some people who wonder or want them to be than I can see why they will read it differently. I don't really care if they are or aren´t a couple and believe they aren't based on their personalities. I do think the nature of Carmen may have made them question themselves this season however

But seriously. I always take quotes in print with a grain of salt. There is a ... between the quote that bothers you, you need to know what the ... was. I've seen enough interviews of Patrick Chan and then read his quotes in an article to know the very same words come across very differently spoken vs. printed with the journalists twist.

On a lighter not LOVE the picture in the first article pani posted.
    I don't care what their relationship is either and I actually do think they have SO. That's why I don't understand why it seems like they're trying to mess with fans that might be hoping for something else. To me it looks like they try to stir the pot like HSGP21 said.

I too love the pic from the cbc article!

Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast