Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i have the same idea. maybe keep the top part of the dress, but make the bottom sleeker
    Maybe we will see something like this at Nationals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Really? Did you have link? I dont like how Igor copy all what T-S did and look like he had a war with V-M. Did he really think D-W will work with him again?

As for Tessa dress. I love this dress and i love how she look in this dress. But this is truth - Tessa alwayse look better in practice outfit, than in any dress. In dress her legs didnt look so long.
    Will see what they will change before Nationals. Interesting, where they work now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsxzugW8m50 you're right it is from Nationals.

I actually don't think Tessa and Scott will change their costumes, especially because her dress looks hella expensive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post

I actually don't think Tessa and Scott will change their costumes, especially because her dress looks hella expensive.
    Thanks! So next time Luca will be all in black And Anna had hairs down Shpilband is a devil

Yes, Scotts costume is expensive too. His costume is from bamboo.

vCash
    I don't think trying to look more like Tessa and Scott is the right strategy as I found that version of their FD the least impressive. The more they try to look like V&M the more it highlights the huge difference in their abilities. C&L had a fantastic season with their La Strada FD and I don't think they were served well by their coaching team this year. Probably won't make a difference with the judges who seem to only value elements (evidence in the marks I&K are getting ) but as a fan it's disappointing. I don't think Carmen was the right program to follow La Strada. If Igor is playing games I think this move backfired on him as it certainly doesn't help C&L build on the success of their previous season, their best program this year is their SD and iirc Igor didn't choreograph that one. It's clear why he needed Marina.

vCash
    Maybe i am wrong, but after C-L start doing V-M huge before skating.....
    But judges love this - they get such a huge marks at GPF.
    I think Carmen good choice for C-L, but with different choreo. And they didnt improve there skating (IMHO). This is sad.

vCash
    Maybe i am wrong, but after C-L start doing V-M huge before skating.....
    But judges love this - they get such a huge marks at GPF.
    I think Carmen good choice for C-L, but with different choreo. And they didnt improve there skating (IMHO). This is sad.
    I don't understand your first sentence? When I first heard both teams were doing Carmen I thought it would favour C&L so the choice itself isn't terrible. BUT if Igor knew V&M were doing Carmen (and it seems more and more obvious he did) and C&L didn't know (she said in a press conference when they found out it was too late to change) than that is what I mean by it backfiring because he underestimated what V&M were willing and driven to do with Carmen. They took a gamble and I think it failed. Maybe not for the judges though because again at this stage it seems they don't really care that much about anything but the elements. But for me I lost respect for Igor and I don't find C&L as good as I found them last season, their FD this year reminds me why they aren't on the same level with a team like V&M. I think a different FD without the direct comparison would be more favourable to them.

vCash
    O, i mean what Tessa and Scott doing before skating, when they still along.
    This split is worst for T-S.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    tbh tessa's costume has grown on me. at first i didnt like the sleeves and i prefered she wore purple and black but then i found out that is some purple in her costume
    honestly, i think the only change she should make is her hair

YEAH!
    vCash
    O, i mean what Tessa and Scott doing before skating, when they still along.
    This split is worst for T-S.
    We'll see. They certainly have the best choreography they've ever had - maybe Igor was holding them back. They said the original Carmen was "ordinary." And I was just thinking how like every season since 2009 V&M have lost to D&W in their first matchup (2009 4CC, 2010 GPF, 2011 Worlds, 2012 GPF, 2013 GPF), but have always gone on to beat them in the rest of the season's events (2009 Worlds, 2010 Olympics/Worlds, 2012 4CC/Worlds). In that sense their career trajectory this season is no different from the Igor days.

And I think C&L are doing great with Carmen/Igor. They usually barely or don't qualify to GPF, and this year they made it and were 4th. I would have never expected them to be beating both Russian couples at a Russian event. They stand a real chance of winning a medal at Euros. It is clear that they are not rivals to V&M, D&W, and P&B, but they're dominating that second tier, when they were usually toward the bottom middle.

vCash
    Hm, they were too close to P-B in FD at GPF.
    And both russian teams skate better, then C-L.
    I talked about the split is worst for V-M only because of how he try to copy all, what V-M are doing.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I talked about the split is worst for V-M only because of how he try to copy all, what V-M are doing.
    I know, but think about it this way: Would you rather see V&M skating their current Carmen, and C&L doing a generic version, or see V&M doing a generic Carmen and C&L some other dance. I'm happy we got the programs we did and C&L's success is taking nothing away from V&M. Out of all the reasons V&M did not win GPF I am certain that a comparison to C&L's Carmen was not it.

vCash
    Dont get me wrong. I will be happy with C-L success if they really improve there skating. But how judges could compare P-B with them at GPF? And C-L so slow compare to russian teams....

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash

I agree the dress looks incredibly expensive, but Team V/M is not one to cut corners. If they think they need a new dress to better show off the Tessa and the program, there will be a new dress.

For the longest time, I thought the dress was perfect. It is gorgeous, but the skirt is starting to bug me quite a bit. It's like it has too much fabric, is too long, and it makes Tessa's legs look short.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I don't understand your first sentence? When I first heard both teams were doing Carmen I thought it would favour C&L so the choice itself isn't terrible. BUT if Igor knew V&M were doing Carmen (and it seems more and more obvious he did) and C&L didn't know (she said in a press conference when they found out it was too late to change) than that is what I mean by it backfiring because he underestimated what V&M were willing and driven to do with Carmen. They took a gamble and I think it failed. Maybe not for the judges though because again at this stage it seems they don't really care that much about anything but the elements. But for me I lost respect for Igor and I don't find C&L as good as I found them last season, their FD this year reminds me why they aren't on the same level with a team like V&M. I think a different FD without the direct comparison would be more favourable to them.
    I think what Pani was trying to say is that C/L are now doing the pre-skate hug thing that V/M do.

I tend to come down on the side that their Carmen FD is doing C/L no real favors. Their skating is obviously improved under Igor in that they finally seem to be consistantly skating like a senior team rather than still looking juniorish in some aspects of their technique. They do a good job with their FD, but it just pales in comparison to the tour de force that is V/M's Carmen. I completely agree with the sentiment that a different FD in which they weren't being compared directly to V/M would have served them better.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    tbh tessa's costume has grown on me. at first i didnt like the sleeves and i prefered she wore purple and black but then i found out that is some purple in her costume
    honestly, i think the only change she should make is her hair
    I love her hair in the long ponytail! It needs to be contained/controlled somehow, given the demands of that program. I have really long hair, and from my own experiences, the hair would become a huge distraction if it were down and free. Even if it were done like it is for the Hallelujah exhibition, I think it would get in the way. The ponytail still lets Tessa's hair have the element of long and flowing, which the other option of hair control, a bun, wouldn't allow for.

ETA:
    Dont get me wrong. I will be happy with C-L success if they really improve there skating. But how judges could compare P-B with them at GPF? And C-L so slow compare to russian teams....
    IMO, a lot of the scores/placement at the GPF came down to politics... I do think B/S handed C/L a placement with their mistakes though. Mostly though... politics.

vCash
    Got it. I think the split was hard on all the teams and they all just had to keep going the best they could. I´ll think they´ll be preparing a lot earlier for next season and make whatever changes needed.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Hm, they were too close to P-B in FD at GPF.
    And both russian teams skate better, then C-L.
    almost everyone is copying/influenced by v/m it just proves how influential they are and how they are the leaders and at the top
    its nbd really

vCash
    That choreography looks so generic. C/L deserve better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    That choreography looks so generic. C/L deserve better.
    I know,that`s why I always get angry,when commentators,especially the Italian ones,talk about the battle of the Carmens.As if there is even a comparision.Anna is very expressive,but technically she isn`t even on Nathalie`s or Ekaterina`s level.I don`t even want to talk how she would measure up against Tessa.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    I know,that`s why I always get angry,when commentators,especially the Italian ones,talk about the battle of the Carmens.As if there is even a comparision.Anna is very expressive,but technically she isn`t even on Nathalie`s or Ekaterina`s level.I don`t even want to talk how she would measure up against Tessa.
    tbh i dont think there was ever a battle of the carmens
    but yeah i still think the italian commentators still love v/m

vCash
    tessa's fab practice gear comes from this company

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    tessa's fab practice gear comes from this company
    I think Tessa could be great model for this company

Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast