Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Maybe now the judges mark people down for having too many? I will never get CoP. In the singles discipline, I'm always reading that the skaters I like suck because they have no transitions, while the pairs and ice dance teams I like (S&S and V&M) have more than anyone and yet get no credit.
    Happy to have someone who agree with me
    Maybe judges saw mistake on transitions? And its interesting - even judge from Canada didnt give them 10 for choreo I am sure judge from USA gave D-W 3 or for perfect marks I really hope things will change at 4CC.
    And i am happy i were with judges at the same competition, because perfomance and interpretation marks very close, not like D-W win because of better perfomance. And GOE look the same.

I just realized that just as Kurt Browning is the only man to win a World Championship with and without figures, Virtue and Moir are the only dancers to win a World Championship with and without the compulsory dance!
    Interesting note! Thank you!

i read people state ... in a variety of ways ... that carmen is perfect as is and shouldn't be changed.
    It was me and will see, what will happened next. Like i remember Delobel-Shonfelder couldnt save originzl choreo for soem of there FD - for example "Piano", which i love more at GP, then at WCh. But then won there own gold with that changes, so will hope.

Tessa and Scott had to skate the same versions of their dances all season long, just that it's good to have at least a few competitions
    without any significant changes
    I am sure they will made this since Nationals.

vCash
    Holidays present - Scott in the list of most beaurifull athlets in "Rolling Stones" magazine
    http://www.rollingstone.ru/articles/...ry/201-10.html

Photos from GPF
    http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/mamy-st/album/288316/?&p=3
    Last edited by pani; 12-23-2012 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Their expressions in some of those photos are so great.
    I love Scott in this one.

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/mamy-st...page=6#preview

And the unison and closeness here:

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/mamy-st...466346/?page=8

vCash
    I still can't get over how incredible Tessa looks in her Carmen costume. I suck at describing this but she looks like the commander, the skater who has the seniority, the big sister compare to other dancers. Tessa looks like she is one level above senior skaters with her presence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I still can't get over how incredible Tessa looks in her Carmen costume. I suck at describing this but she looks like the commander, the skater who has the seniority, the big sister compare to other dancers. Tessa looks like she is one level above senior skaters with her presence.
    that's how champions look like

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    that's how champions look like
    She has this... comportment. They both do, really, especially when on the ice. But it's a bit more apparent in her. This way of conducting herself, very elegant and classy. You see it more when she's practicing alone. She reminds me of Roger Federer a LOT. Even the way the guy walks exudes class and he's always so calm and commanding out there, like a king thoughtfully observing his kingdom. It's not arrogance, though many may see it as such, it's just this air some champions have that when you look at them, you know there is no one like them. That's why so many skaters keep saying V-M are on a league of their own, even when they lose. It's what people say of Federer. You see tennis players in awe of the guy. Someone said that he's the only player out there that inspires reverence, and maybe they were pushing it a bit, but that's what these athletes make you feel. How many times have we heard or read other skaters say that they were caught staring at V-M during practice? It's that thing Tessa and Scott have and it comes from their very own natural talent. You can't create that, you can't become this person overnight, you are born with it. That's why people don't talk about Nadal or Djokovic, as great as they are, in the same way; much like it happens with V-M and their peers. I know it makes many detractors angry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    That's why so many skaters keep saying V-M are on a league of their own, even when they lose. It's what people say of Federer. You see tennis players in awe of the guy.
    It's unfortunate that their peers are not the judges.
    In this piece, Kurt provides an opinion that I've long held....That's it, all judges must be former skaters!!! LOL

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...our-peers.html

vCash
    MERRY CHRISTMAS & A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!

AND OF COURSE TO TESSA & SCOTT.....

This is the BEST thread!

vCash
    Although I don't post as much as I did. I'd like to wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas (those who celebrate it). Have a safe holiday season. That also includes Tessa and Scott...my favorites of all time.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Merry Christmas to all, who celebrate!

vCash
    Merry Christmas to all who celebrate and Happy Holidays to the rest! I hope T and S have a chance to have a Christmas and some quality time with their families. I am grateful for every dance they have ever skated and am very much looking forward to seeing more from them in the New Year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Merry Christmas to all who celebrate and Happy Holidays to the rest! I hope T and S have a chance to have a Christmas and some quality time with their families. I am grateful for every dance they have ever skated and am very much looking forward to seeing more from them in the New Year!
    Wish give 1000 "likes" to your message. Thank you a lot for this words

vCash
    Adding my season's greetings here to all! Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays! (Noche buena time here in the Philippines so Maligayang Pasko to my fellow Tessa and Scott fans who are also my kababayans.)

Excited also for what T and S will bring us next year. Hope they got super recharged after this break for the final half of the season.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Merry Christmas!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSOTnscRSVY One of my favorites.

vCash
    What a lovely video! Thanks!
    And thanks to all in this thread who bring their positive outlooks and love for this brilliant team! I am so grateful that I've been able to watch them throughout their career.
    Merry Christmas to them and to all of you, my fellow ubers!

vCash
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone - all the best for 2013. Thanks so much for sharing all of your insights on Tessa and Scott - and thanks for posting the video. Just such a treat!
    pug lover

vCash
    Since it's Christmas Eve... strictly skating-wise, my (second) Christmas wish would be that Patrick, Carolina and Aliona & Robin have a great Worlds and keep their titles - but... I would give all of that up in a heartbeat (sorry, guys!) for Tessa and Scott to win in London.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

vCash
    Happy Holidays VM fam.

vCash

Re: Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

My wish remains the same: to see Tessa and Scott perform Carmen to its full potential at least once.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

vCash
    My wish exactly Golightly - you nailed it for me.
    pug lover

Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast