Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's true there's a lot of travel time to 4CC, but I think it will be worth it. There is a month between Canadian Nationals and 4CC, and then another month between 4CC and Worlds -- and it's not like they have to travel far again for Worlds! By Nationals I would think that any big tinkering VM want to do with their programs should be finished and from then on it's just polish and practice. And while they've had the program out in competition before, I think that with a program this complex, the more often, the better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thanks from me too for doing this and pointing to the changes. I agree with you - I wish they could change the diagonal SS back to how it was if only they could get level 4 with it. But as it seems practically impossible, I doubt they will. They can only make some new changes so that it would look a bit better.

Obviously Tessa didn't get into position quite right at first (she was tilted to one side a bit), so Scott had to support her with his hand a bit longer. I doubt that was intentional.
    I think that it was intentional because it happened both at COR and at GPF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Are yu talking about second lift? At CoR they had problems in it in practice. But i think transition into second rotational part were smoother at GPF.
    Khohlova durin SC talked about V-M take a risk with this combinational lift, because at all ice dance seminars were recommended to not use this lift, because if you will have mistake and couldnt made second part of it you will get 0 for this lift.

vCash

Re: Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

I think all lifts looked sharp at the GPF, except for the choreo lift.

vCash
    why would you want them to skate the same program at worlds that they did at skate canada? why would you want them to lock in a program and keep skating it verbatum till worlds? that would be stagnation. as scott said, they choreograph their programs in the early summer, but it takes all season to get it right and to finish what they started. the program is constantly evolving -- it's not just a matter of selling out for points. they are such artists that they are going to keep tinkering with it, changing it, experimenting. last year, come worlds, they were still changing things in their programs. you kind of have to grow with them. and if you hate it or if you love it, after march ... it really comes down to what youtube video you want to watch again and which one you want to ignore.
    Last edited by iggie; 12-22-2012 at 04:38 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    why would you want them to skate the same program at worlds that they did at skate canada? why would you want them to lock in a program and keep skating it verbatum till worlds? that would be stagnation. as scott said, they choreograph their programs in the early summer, but it takes all season to get it right and to finish what they started. the program is constantly evolving -- it's not just a matter of selling out for points. they are such artists that they are going to keep tinkering with it, changing it, experimenting. last year, come worlds, they were still changing things in their programs. you kind of have to grow with them. and if you hate it or if you love it, after march ... it really comes down to what youtube video you want to watch again and which one you want to ignore.
    This

vCash
    Oh, i think we need wait and see what they will show at Nationals. I mean this were first outing with all new SS so maybe in some places its not going with music like it show be. Plus at last SS they made this ineteresting legs moves, but in different place. So i hope they will made it work better with music.

I think all lifts looked sharp at the GPF, except for the choreo lift.
    I am with you But russian commentators think they had problem with combinational lift. But i didnt see nothing. For me this time lifts worked better, then at the begining of the season. And now i am in love with first lift

vCash
    I think only the one twizzle sequence and the last lift looked off at the GPF, otherwise their program is looking good. I think the time will give them the polish and speed they need to beat Davis & White by World's. Also hope they win 4CC's. Can't wait to see their FD live in Mississauga and London.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Just re-watched prtocols from GPF. GOE difference was made by choreo lift - 0,58. In other elements Tessa-Scott lose 0,07 in spin, twizzles 0,07, 0,07 in RoLi+SiLi, CuLi 0,07 (i disagree - V-M did it so great!)the same GOE for SS and the get better GOE for rotational lift - 0,14.
    So i agree with overall result in tech mark, because judges respect T-S lifts difficultie and they didnt made choreo lift good. The spin.... I know, D-W better spiners, but i hope judges will give V-M better GOE for details in there spin.
    As for components score marks... Only 0,1 defference in perfomance mark, 0,04 for interpretation/timing (i am OK with this, because its question of what judges, like all people, love more), 0,15 for Skating Skills (i am not sure why, maybe because judges think D-W had more speed), 0,17 on transitions (why? V-M had problems on transitions? Or they ddidnt have enough transitions? In my understanding in this year FD V-M must have better transitions marks compare to D-W FD), 0,14 - choreo. Now i really want to know - why? D-W get 3 tens only in choreo mark, when V-M didnt have any. So its show judges didnt like V-M FD? Its not a case you could improve this marks, like SS, perfomance and even transitions. Maybe i didnt understand nothing, but how generic FD could have so many perfect marks and Carmen didnt get any?

Overall look, like tech marl could be improved with better choreo lift and if V-M will skate more clean and easy (wish they will made at WCh). With better speed they could get higher SS marks and maybeperfomance mark could be improve. But whay isnt good - choreo and transitions. They did such a difficult and unusuall FD and didnt get credit for this at all...

vCash
    I am learning some new icedances and have been looking for Youtube videos for inspiration and learning. Along the way - watching all these greats - I have been reminded that Virtue and Moir have had some spectacular CDs. I know they wanted them eliminated from competition and don't even like them being part of the SD but they are just SO good at them!

Just one example - but a doozy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QirKe...=results_video

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    I am learning some new icedances and have been looking for Youtube videos for inspiration and learning. Along the way - watching all these greats - I have been reminded that Virtue and Moir have had some spectacular CDs. I know they wanted them eliminated from competition and don't even like them being part of the SD but they are just SO good at them!

Just one example - but a doozy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QirKe...=results_video
    O yes. My favorite is this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab07z...endscreen&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ0_sEIphqs

And i like Scott interpretation in GW at 2010 WCH in Torino
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvVIjlhOPDo
    Last edited by pani; 12-22-2012 at 07:23 PM.

vCash
    Just amazing!

vCash
    I agree, as great as Tessa and Scott are at waltzing, they also do a fabulous tango. Scott actually said that the Golden Waltz and the Tango Romantica were their favourite CDs and he wouldn't have minded skating them in the SD. (I guess he only has a problem with the yankee polka. - although they're pretty good at that too, as we've seen...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I watched both skates by turns, and to me it looked like Scott supported Tessa a bit longer at GPF than at COR, but maybe I am wrong. I won't argue .

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I don't think that I've seen anyone write that Tessa and Scott had to skate the same versions of their dances all season long, just that it's good to have at least a few competitions without any significant changes. Even last season all the changes that they made were basically done by Nationals, so they had two competitions with the same versions that they skated at Worlds.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 12-22-2012 at 10:33 PM.

vCash
    I watched both skates by turns, and to me it looked like Scott supported Tessa a bit longer at GPF than at COR, but maybe I am wrong. I won't argue .
    They get higher GOE in GPF and now dedaction for the tining so i think it was OK I know Vaitsehovskay were talking about this and Gorshkov during translation, but look like judges disagree with them.
    But i still cant understand so low transitions marks- even one judge gave them 8,75.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    \
    But i still cant understand so low transitions marks- even one judge gave them 8,75.
    Maybe now the judges mark people down for having too many? I will never get CoP. In the singles discipline, I'm always reading that the skaters I like suck because they have no transitions, while the pairs and ice dance teams I like (S&S and V&M) have more than anyone and yet get no credit.

vCash

I don't think that I've seen anyone write that Tessa and Scott had to skate the same versions of their dances all season long, just that it's good to have at least a few competitions without any significant changes. Even last season all the changes that they made were basically done by Nationals, so they had two competitions with the same versions that they skated at Worlds.
    i read people state ... in a variety of ways ... that carmen is perfect as is and shouldn't be changed. maybe it's weird to hear me phrase it as i did, but that's what it comes down to in my opinion.

anyway, i've put all of the 2011-2012 season into one tag for my blog. here it is
    Last edited by iggie; 12-23-2012 at 01:28 AM.

vCash
    Wishing you all happy holidays. Here's hoping the judges have an attitude adjustment before 4C's and WCh

vCash
    Some of the recent discussion resonated when watching the dushesneys program and the commentary that follows it in this pj kwong post on cbc.ca

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...decisions.html

vCash
    I just realized that just as Kurt Browning is the only man to win a World Championship with and without figures, Virtue and Moir are the only dancers to win a World Championship with and without the compulsory dance!

Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast