Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    i just want to say that what tanith said about how d/w draws you in is utter bs. tbh it was v/m who got me watching figure skating again. they are the ones who drew me back to the sport because i used to watch it as a kid but then i stopped. but when i saw their performance at the olympics i decided i wanted to watch it again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    i just want to say that what tanith said about how d/w draws you in is utter bs. tbh it was v/m who got me watching figure skating again. they are the ones who drew me back to the sport because i used to watch it as a kid but then i stopped. but when i saw their performance at the olympics i decided i wanted to watch it again.
    Talk about conflict of interest...

vCash
    V/M fans aren't going to be drawn in by D/W's skating, no matter what D/W do. But audiences are drawn in, and so are judges and that's what matters.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    Talk about conflict of interest...
    huh? pls dont judge me for being new.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Had to go back to this post when I stumbled upon a picture. When those people on twitter are annoying you just send them this pic:
    http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/thumb...4-13-10-40.jpg
    #publicrimjob

Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    V/M fans aren't going to be drawn in by D/W's skating, no matter what D/W do. But audiences are drawn in, and so are judges and that's what matters.
    all im trying to say is that v/m draw the audience in as well. and they interact with them as well on a special level. like i think scott said something about feeding off the energy of the audience in vancouver or something during their od (and you can tell as the louder the audience was the stronger their performance became) also it was v/m's carmen and their latin fd that got the audience clapping along with the beat. so saying v/m's programs excludes the audience/doesnt draw the audience in is utter bs they just have a different way of doing it

vCash
    NO..... I do think it's time to stop dishing other teams and concentrate on how we can dispose (preferably permanently) of the dreadful judges Love love love everything about T/S. I think they are the class of the ice. BTW I do believe they are still good friends with D/W because I really like D/W, too, and in my psychotic little world everyone loves everyone:ROFL:. I wish D/W fans who don't love Tess and Scott would just hike right on out of here.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    huh? pls dont judge me for being new.
    Tanith Belbin and Charlie White have been a couple since the 2009-2010 season and bought a condo together last year. She's not exactly an impartial source when it comes to V/M vs D/W.

Banned Member
    vCash
    yeah i know that she is biased but i think she wasnt the first one to say something like that

vCash
    Guys, wht happened with thread after GPF? It was positive one, but what happened now?
    After i read Ioanna post i didnt want to go to GS and even at close FSU. I thought safe place is there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Indeed. A part of the audience and a part of the judges.

Pani, can you give us more details about their performances, since you're the only one who got to watch them live?
    I hope T&S saw your banners and liked them. They looked great.

vCash
    Guys, wht happened with thread after GPF? It was positive one, but what happened now?
    Pani as we said before most of us are women so it stands to reason that we go up and down....

I would say D&W reach out to their audience and T&S draw you in to the program. That is why we feel we are in the inner circle of Hallelujah or even Carmen and felt slightly outside the loop in a program like FF where the emotions didnt draw us in... My take only.

vCash
    http://tessa-and-scott.livejournal.com/
    You could see all baners in this LG

Pani, can you give us more details about their performances, since you're the only one who got to watch them live?
    I dont know, what to say.
    Like i said before, they had more speed and power, then at GPF. In SD Scotdid mistake on twizzles, but try hard to get there levels in pattern dance.
    I dont like new ending. But in waltz they look good, they show soft skating, big skating. I think they improve skating since CoR.
    In FD didyou notice how he start madefirst lift? It was just like wow I think the bigest problem was with choreo lift and i think they will change it - i feel like its too hard to them do it without speed. And did you notice how long time similar lift took in P-B FD? This lift very cool and creative, but didnt ive a lo off points.
    I think last lift was very good. Again - ,ore speed and power. I think Tessa was good in acting.
    I want to say after this FD i feel something dark, maybe something out of usuall ice dance world. Its not only moves - this what i felt after this FD was end. She killed him - thats the end of story.
    I could say T-S have a lot off support after FD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7rEbn_ygFS8

vCash
    Pani! Welcome back I'm glad you got to go to both CoR and GPF. I've made my peace with them losing two days ago. I was just upset because Carmen wasn't getting appreciated, but as long as we see it and others see it I'm ok. Also I'm very very hopeful about the second half of the season. I must say after seeing some Instagram pics Tessa and Scott are very much loved in Russia even with other Russian skaters lol. Anyways yes let's bring back the positive energy in this thread.

Just out of my annoying curiosity, rainbowkisses, did you by any chance use to go by the username Sliver98?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Pani! Welcome back I'm glad you got to go to both CoR and GPF. I've made my peace with them losing two days ago. I was just upset because Carmen wasn't getting appreciated, but as long as we see it and others see it I'm ok. Also I'm very very hopeful about the second half of the season. I must say after seeing some Instagram pics Tessa and Scott are very much loved in Russia even with other Russian skaters lol. Anyways yes let's bring back the positive energy in this thread.
    T-S have a lt off support in Russia, like other skaters. But i think V-M more "russian classical style team".
    You know - i am not upset anymore. After this GPF my thoughts was - i will never see most part off this skaters again This is sad, but its life.
    And T-S are adults, so if they think they could work under this pressure - its OK. But i think they could show they are apy with there skating after SD amd FD now. Just enjoy this last 4 programs and thins limit times of competitions.

Guys, how do you like new SD ending?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    NO..... I do think it's time to stop dishing other teams and concentrate on how we can dispose (preferably permanently) of the dreadful judges Love love love everything about T/S. I think they are the class of the ice. BTW I do believe they are still good friends with D/W because I really like D/W, too, and in my psychotic little world everyone loves everyone:ROFL:. I wish D/W fans who don't love Tess and Scott would just hike right on out of here.
    DING DING DING ... now THERE's an idea. I will never understand why any haters or those who dislike a certain athlete/team feel it necessary to visit his/her/their fan thread, nonetheless stir up stuff. I do agree that bashing should be kept to a minimum (particularly about things that are not related to skating, i.e. physical appearance) but I think most of our points about D/W are valid reasons why we don't enjoy their skating. We're not saying that they're not great athletes, we just prefer T/S. I'm generalizing and I apologize if I'm misrepresenting the fans here but that's how I feel about this issue. I think a lot of our frustration stems from perceived under appreciation of Tessa and Scott and what they bring to their programs.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's ever going to be a fix for the judging since a large component of ice dance is subjective and driven in part by politicking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Guys, how do you like new SD ending?
    I don't think the new ending is bad but I do prefer the old one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I don't think the new ending is bad but I do prefer the old one.
    Agree

vCash
    Pani, thanks for your details! That thank you message from T&S was lovely.

I can't say the new SD ending is bad either, but I much prefer the original one. I wish they'd go back to it.
    Many of us feel strongly about the choreo lift - that is, we love it - but yes, it might have to be replaced... We'll see what they decide.

vCash

Re: Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Agree
    Me too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Many of us feel strongly about the choreo lift - that is, we love it - but yes, it might have to be replaced... We'll see what they decide.
    It look so good, when Tessa get this position. But its hard for Scott. Not because she is big or something, but because Scott is a human, not a robot, that why this lift a little longer, then they need. And this lift is on one place, so maybe judges want to see more dinamic finale.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post

Just out of my annoying curiosity, rainbowkisses, did you by any chance use to go by the username Sliver98?
    no why?

Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast