Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I've been told some people out there say Tessa is fat! I want to cuss all of them out right now...to their face.
    Someone at work said that Tessa is fatter than she used to be .. another co-worker quickly said "if Tessa is fat, the rest of us are mountainous".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    This is something I've been noticing for the past few weeks and didn't want to react, but it's becoming a sort of invasion of craziness. I don't know if it's because things get more tense between the fans of the two teams, as we're approching the Oly season... I like reading Golden Skate, even if I don't post there, but every ice dance thread, and especially the GPF one, is full of cheap shots to Tessa and Scott. Tessa "doesn't have a slight frame" as the other dancers, their lifts look laboured, poor Scott is a martyr and she will end up breaking his neck. So I've decided to avoid GS for a while, although there are a few posters there whose opinions I enjoy reading.
    I know we can also be nasty when we criticize their skating, but no one here has ever delivered personal insults to Meryl or Charlie, as far as I remember.
    And youtube commentaries aren't any better. I'm wondering what's gotten into people... This is a time when I really hope Tessa and Scott stay away from the wonderful world of the internet.
    I don't usually go to golden skate cuz the little experience I had there, it was anti Tessa and Scott. And they go overboard in their censorship, always deleting your posts and what not. Anyways the idea that Tessa is fat is just so crazy to me that it makes me want to bitch slap those that say that (sorry if I'm offending anybody, but not really).

Is there a video of Hallelujah?

ETA: Just saw your post Alixana, but I agree with your second co-worker. IMO Tessa was not a healthy weight at the Olympics she was way too thin. I don't know why that was, it could have been stress and pressure of having to deal with her legs and skating at a home Olympics. I think she looks amazing and slim now and looks healthy. People that think she's fat should kindly post their pictures so we can judge their weight.
    Last edited by Shayii; 12-09-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    This is something I've been noticing for the past few weeks and didn't want to react, but it's becoming a sort of invasion of craziness. I don't know if it's because things get more tense between the fans of the two teams, as we're approching the Oly season... I like reading Golden Skate, even if I don't post there, but every ice dance thread, and especially the GPF one, is full of cheap shots to Tessa and Scott. Tessa "doesn't have a slight frame" as the other dancers, their lifts look laboured, poor Scott is a martyr and she will end up breaking his neck. So I've decided to avoid GS for a while, although there are a few posters there whose opinions I enjoy reading.
    I know we can also be nasty when we criticize their skating, but no one here has ever delivered personal insults to Meryl or Charlie, as far as I remember.
    And youtube commentaries aren't any better. I'm wondering what's gotten into people... This is a time when I really hope Tessa and Scott stay away from the wonderful world of the internet.
    what the eff is up with these body shaming assholes

vCash
    Shayi, there's no video of Hallelujah on Youtube yet, but this site has the whole gala archived. Tessa & Scott are at min. 111.

http://russiasport.ru/user/226/node/8413

vCash
    Shayi, there's no video of Hallelujah on Youtube yet, but this site has the whole gala archived. Tessa & Scott are at min. 111.

http://russiasport.ru/user/226/node/8413
    Thank you!

vCash
    if tessa is fat as they say, what to make now of meryl? is she now the paragon of slimness or even healthy weight for that matter?

i do have to say that tessa doesnt look as slight as she was in 2010 olys--she does look fuller on her shoulders now than at that time--but she's still at a healthy weight to me and toned enough for the requirements of the sport. i envy her physique more than i do meryl's. im afraid though that she might return to that 2010 frame for the next year's OG.

vCash
    If you are so angry that people are commenting on Tessa's appearance, why would you drag Meryl into it? What does that achieve?

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    ETA: Just saw your post Alixana, but I agree with your second co-worker. IMO Tessa was not a healthy weight at the Olympics she was way too thin. I don't know why that was, it could have been stress and pressure of having to deal with her legs and skating at a home Olympics. I think she looks amazing and slim now and looks healthy. People that think she's fat should kindly post their pictures so we can judge their weight.
    I too think she was too thin and looks great now. I was trying to be polite but context was co-worker calling Tessa a "porker" .. needless it say, it was pot calling kettle black. I personally would love to be as "fat" as Tessa!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    If you are so angry that people are commenting on Tessa's appearance, why would you drag Meryl into it? What does that achieve?
    who else will people be basing tessa's appearance on, given that v/m and d/w are the top two in rankings? and do you really think meryl is in such a healthy weight now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    who else will people be basing tessa's appearance on, given that v/m and d/w are the top two in rankings? and do you really think meryl is in such a healthy weight now?
    You think people are calling Tessa "fat" because Meryl is thinner? That is ridiculous. And I stay away from commenting on anyone's weight. It seems safer, less offensive that way.

vCash
    You think people are calling Tessa "fat" because Meryl is thinner? That is ridiculous. And I stay away from commenting on anyone's weight. It seems safer, less offensive that way.
    oh yeah, sorry for offending you and your precious meryl. people that attack v/m are more likely d/w fans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    I too think she was too thin and looks great now. I was trying to be polite but context was co-worker calling Tessa a "porker" .. needless it say, it was pot calling kettle black. I personally would love to be as "fat" as Tessa!
    Porker? Really now, that's just sad . Also she's gained a lot of muscle mass, we all noticed it at 2011 Worlds especially, she's not as buff as she was at that Worlds though. She's found a nice balance IMO.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    if tessa is fat as they say, what to make now of meryl? is she now the paragon of slimness or even healthy weight for that matter?

i do have to say that tessa doesnt look as slight as she was in 2010 olys--she does look fuller on her shoulders now than at that time--but she's still at a healthy weight to me and toned enough for the requirements of the sport. i envy her physique more than i do meryl's. im afraid though that she might return to that 2010 frame for the next year's OG.
    IMO, Tessa not being as slight as she was during the 2010 Olympics is a VERY good thing. I thought she was too thin there. I've seen pictures where you can count her ribs, and that's not good. Her size in 2010 was an improvement over early 2009 though, where she looked just plain frail and unhealthy.

vCash
    oh yeah, sorry for offending you and your precious meryl. people that attack v/m are more likely d/w fans
    I don't think Meryl deserves to be the target of your anger because people (no D/W fans that I know) on another message board called Tessa "fat" (which is ridiculous). That's all I'm trying to say, there is no need to be rude.

vCash
    I don't think Meryl deserves to be the target of your anger because people (no D/W fans that I know) on another message board called Tessa "fat" (which is ridiculous). That's all I'm trying to say, there is no need to be rude.
    sorry, but like i said, people that throw crazy statements like that at v/m are more than likely to be d/w fans. and if those very people call tessa fat, then there's something unhealthy about it all, not to mention nasty and ill-directed. granted, america is on an obesity trend, but impressionable women/girls can take this really seriously and draw on unhealthy conclusions.
    Last edited by zilam98; 12-09-2012 at 11:34 PM.

vCash
    Tessa with Vasilisa Davankova (Jr. pairs) at the banquet, I presume.

http://instagram.com/p/TBm1d3jOEY/

I don't know if google translate got it right, but the twitter message seems to be "Oh baby, it's so cool!"
    No, Vasilisa said about Tessa:"OMG, she is so cool!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    She said VM were havy. She have idea to give her teams each others FDs in next season

It was #1 D-W fan who call VM havvy. But Marina who make truble first.

These all start because Marina like good chocolates. Tessa get lot off free lindt choclates and not give them to Marina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    It was #1 D-W fan who call VM havvy. But Marina who make truble first.

These all start because Marina like good chocolates. Tessa get lot off free lindt choclates and not give them to Marina.
    aha! maybe i should get me some of those chocolates so i can be as "fat" or "heavy" as tessa

vCash
    I am slowly coming out of my depression... I went through all the phases... shock, anger, hurt and now anger again.

For me its chips and not chocolates and especially the kettle fried variety that remind me of home made.

But to say what I said before - let us enjoy them while we can.

I saw you, Pani. You were the lady in the green jacket, no the red one.... ok maybe the blue one .. fess up!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volero View Post
    No, Vasilisa said about Tessa:"OMG, she is so cool!"
    That's so sweet! Thanks for the translation.

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast