Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1070

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    that was kinda pointless they already won anyway
    Not really! If they don't tell them at Nationals, how will they know to fix the problem for the international events--they'll get marked down there and wonder why. This will just motivate them to work that much harder, like last year.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Yes, when I posted earlier, 3/4 of the couples had long lift deductions. Now only V&M and one other team do.
    i bet a bunch of people now are complaining that scott complained to the judges about his score and thats why they only have 2 lift deductions but yeah marie-france called it first. she said there were something wrong with the lift deductions. also werent p/i fourth? who was the other couples who had long lift deductions because i dont remember it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I have to agree ... This is what these pre-world competitions are all about. I haven't seen this yet but looking forward to it.
    Sorry, but did you think they was kissed at all competitions during season and only at home Nationals they found high level judges? This is funny
    Thought this will be last relaxing competition for me, but canadiand did it not so fully. Plus no photos, videos, report, like alwayse from competitions in Canada.
    So i will not watch 4CC and WCH after this. Cant even imaging, what judjes will made with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DFJ View Post
    Pani, you're missing my point. I'd rather they be judged harshly at Nationals if that's the way the judges see it. It gives them the impetus to work that much harder going into Worlds. What I don't want to see is Canadian judges overscoring simply because it is a national competition.
    They overscored them in PCS.
    Its funny, that V-M always did something wron, when even such a poor skaters, like Piper or C-L get livel 3 for SS.
    OK, dont want think aboutr this anymore. Thanks you for such a bad ebd of week-end, Skate Canada.

vCash
    I think the new thread should be titled Keep Calm, Carry On because it's clearly needed right now

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    i bet a bunch of people now are complaining that scott complained to the judges about his score and thats why they only have 2 lift deductions but yeah marie-france called it first. she said there were something wrong with the lift deductions. also werent p/i fourth? who was the other couples who had long lift deductions because i dont remember it
    In the original protocols, I counted 6 couples with long lift deductions and now I only see 2. So I'm assuming it was some computer glitch.

vCash
    Elizabeth Manley and Debbie Wilkes stated 2 lifts were too long and thus the deductions. Otherwise, their program was fabulous!!!!

vCash
    Pani calm down. Wouldn't you rather the mistakes be caught here? I was upset too, but I think it's better this way. Anyways can somebody that was watching tell me how they reacted to the scores?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Pani calm down. Wouldn't you rather the mistakes be caught here? I was upset too, but I think it's better this way. Anyways can somebody that was watching tell me how they reacted to the scores?
    Sorry, but for international judges all was OK. Like last season Canadinas have different clock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Elizabeth Manley and Debbie Wilkes stated 2 lifts were too long and thus the deductions. Otherwise, their program was fabulous!!!!
    Would you mind putting this particular skate into perspective? I mean compared to their three previous FD skates how was it overall? I know the details on their errors are important, but like others commented, the technical side can be fixed. I was thinking now that their SD is fixed, they really now could focus on polishing both programs heading into the endgame of the season.

Also, last season the tech panel was also hard on them, which probably helped because they nailed it next at 4cc, level 4s on the SSs, so I guess that is not so bad. I hope someone uploads soon...

vCash
    The skate was cleaner and crisper. The kick part in mid program was the best of the season. The beginning twizzles were fast and completely in sync.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    i asked skate canada what happened and this is what they replied:

The deductions were on three separate lifts for long lifts, however, the creative lift was incorrectly timed and has been adjusted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    Also, last season the tech panel was also hard on them, which probably helped because they nailed it next at 4cc, level 4s on the SSs, so I guess that is not so bad. I hope someone uploads soon...
    Like i said before - last season they didnt change nothing after Nationals and get level 4 for that lift in SD. So its something personal to V-M, because all others get there high level. For example O-W, who isnt at the same level with V-M.

vCash
    Apparently Tessa's dad said this to somebody after their performance:

At end of Virtue&Moir's free dance, man beside me leaned over and said to DD & I "that's my little girl". Nearly fell off my chair. #CFSC13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    The skate was cleaner and crisper. The kick part in mid program was the best of the season. The beginning twizzles were fast and completely in sync.
    Thank you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I think the new thread should be titled Keep Calm, Carry On because it's clearly needed right now
    I think you're right. I also liked your other idea, "Onwards and upwards".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    score changed, it's now 108,19

They now have "only" two lift deductions

How can they possibly at this level & this late in the season still not know the lifts are too long? I am sorry but that is the skaters & coaches mistake, there is no excuse for them to be getting time deductions on lifts when they know the rules.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Like i said before - last season they didnt change nothing after Nationals and get level 4 for that lift in SD. So its something personal to V-M, because all others get there high level. For example O-W, who isnt at the same level with V-M.
    Here's something to consider. In their combination lift the first part was only called a level two. Perhaps they were too long getting into position and this is one of the lifts where they got a time deduction. It doesn't matter what they got in other competitions. To repeat what I wrote in the FD thread Igor let people know he thought they should have gotten a timing deduction at Skate Canada for a lift and voiced that the panel chose not to give one. Think back to 2010 where all season long they received no deduction for the dismount to the Goose lift but did for the Olympics because they heard rumblings they might suddenly get a deduction for it. I don't think it's a bad thing that the panel at Nationals was strict with the timing. I don't think it's because they don't like V&M but because they know it's borderline. They will be skating in London without a Canadian judge and perhaps none on the technical panel. They need to go there with things tightened up so that they don't give a reason for a strict panel to throw them a deduction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Here's something to consider. In their combination lift the first part was only called a level two. Perhaps they were too long getting into position and this is one of the lifts where they got a time deduction. It doesn't matter what they got in other competitions. To repeat what I wrote in the FD thread Igor let people know he thought they should have gotten a timing deduction at Skate Canada for a lift and voiced that the panel chose not to give one. Think back to 2010 where all season long they received no deduction for the dismount to the Goose lift but did for the Olympics because they heard rumblings they might suddenly get a deduction for it. I don't think it's a bad thing that the panel at Nationals was strict with the timing. I don't think it's because they don't like V&M but because they know it's borderline. They will be skating in London without a Canadian judge and perhaps none on the technical panel. They need to go there with things tightened up so that they don't give a reason for a strict panel to throw them a deduction.
    THIS. This is good and will help them at the end.

vCash
    Choreographer Jennifer Swan talks about Carmen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYtxa9jncB0

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast