Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

vCash
    I don't think this interview was posted. It's with PJ after the SD. Can't wait to see Carmen tomorrow! http://www.scribblelive.com/Event/Si...ostId=61325580

vCash
    Loving the semi-flippity 'do Scott has going on in the SD.
    I wish I could give three Michelin stars for this program in the 2012-2013 SD category.

vCash

Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Back home from the competition. I missed the morning practice, but was going to post during the competition. Unfortunately the building's wireless sucks. I could not establish a reliable internet connection. Not certain why, since it worked OK earlier in the week during Novice and Junior events. Since Seniors events started, the wireless connection has been faulty via my iPod Touch. Maybe better luck tomorrow, but I wouldn't count on it.

Tessa and Scott's SD was great. Judging by the posts on this thread, it appears everyone has already seen it :laugh: Next comes Carmen live, then the Gala. I understand the Nexxice syncro team will also be performing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    Back home from the competition. I missed the morning practice, but was going to post during the competition. Unfortunately the building's wireless sucks. I could not establish a reliable internet connection. Not certain why, since it worked OK earlier in the week during Novice and Junior events. Since Seniors events started, the wireless connection has been faulty via my iPod Touch. Maybe better luck tomorrow, but I wouldn't count on it.

Tessa and Scott's SD was great. Judging by the posts on this thread, it appears everyone has already seen it :laugh: Next comes Carmen live, then the Gala. I understand the Nexxice syncro team will also be performing.
    Thanks for your reports! Have a great time tomorrow. Does anybody here happen to have a link to Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch's FP skate, I like them and I want to see it so bad!

vCash

Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Someone posted this on youtube. It appears to be recorded from a TV.
    Still looking for the Long.

Short program: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQCuzBePgsQ

Kirsten and Dylan did great. Except for a two footed landing in a Loop throw, they performed a clean program. They received a standing ovation and loud cheering from everyone in the audience. Unfortunately for them, Meagan and Eric performed completely clean.

ETA: Couldn"t find the LP, so I uploaded it myself...

http://youtu.be/4quSvMce6Z8
    Last edited by rvi5; 01-20-2013 at 11:13 AM.

vCash
    Holy Cow! Wow, wow, wow.

I was one of the few who loved the original version of V&M's SD. I have to say now that it turns out that was a good thing that many (including Scott and Tessa) were not happy with what they originally had.

I have a feeling that pre Worlds I'm going to be spending alot of time alternating between watching this and Carmen. I thought that the original SD was a great companion to Carmen. One program excellent and the FD epic. Now the SD is IMO equal to Carmen and more than capable of getting marks every bit as good as Carmen should if they skate the way they have at Canadians thus far.

I love Tracy's comments on the marking. Her being fair and pointing out that yes, the 79+ came at Canadians but that it was spot on remembering how a Canadian panel were really hard on V&M last season. If V&M can repeat this performance or even improve on it, I believe that they can fairly get the same marks internationally. Especially given that both at home and internationally Tessa and Scott are made to work for every point they get. I like their strategy; make the judges give them what they deserve based on what they put on the ice. Nothing will be handed to them.

On a lighter note, I love Tessa and Scott's SD costumes and am glad they kept them. I wasn't sure if they would change them since they changed the feel and choreography of the program. Jennifer Swan is now 3 for 3 when it comes to choreographing programs for V&M. They really should keep her on for next season.

vCash
    I think this is a different version than the one posted above. Sorry if it's not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8sbmRhIjzU

eta:
    Marks aside, I always knew as we all have that V&M's basic skating is incredible but watching that slow motion replay made my jaw hit the floor. There was no part of Tessa and Scott's bodies that were out of line with one another whether they were skating in a closed hold or during the twizzle section. I felt as if I should be looking for the invisible string or something holding them together. They really have upped their performance level and then some. As always that chemistry with one another is off the charts.

Congratulations to those who got to witness that performance live.

I'm so happy for V&M.
    Last edited by Carmen Ovsiannikov; 01-20-2013 at 09:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I don't think this interview was posted. It's with PJ after the SD. Can't wait to see Carmen tomorrow! http://www.scribblelive.com/Event/Si...ostId=61325580
    O, Scott Thank you! I like PJ blog
    And what a strong pairs competitions at Canadian Nationals! Just amazing.

I'm so happy for V&M.
    I am happy if they are happy with what they are doing.

vCash
    I agree wholeheartedly, Carmen, this SD is on par with the FD now! The same intensity, vivid vibration, although conveyed in a tender mood.. I absolutely love the way Tessa’s long glide perfectly matches the languid melody of the violins at the beginning. She becomes a violin.
    they not only tell their own story with such intimate feeling, they also capture and reveal the inner spirit of the piece. It’s a dramatic, romantic yet gentle, playful music and they totally made it their own like a second (or first) skin. It’s like taking a look in the soul of two human beings.
    It’s sophisticated work of art in which life and skating merge and become one. I see many different moods expressed in it, but above all, you can sense the deep joy, pleasure, longing and adoration for what they do… and for each other (: It even reminds me of a poem by Nietzsche that says “Joy - deeper than heart's agony / Woe says: Fade! Go! / But all joy wants eternity / Wants deep, deep, deep eternity!”
    I find this waltz is similar to Halleluja. In both, they themselves are the main characters. For this reason those two are their most poetic programs (:

vCash
    Jennifer Swan is in the audience today https://twitter.com/PerformanceArch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Cool!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    If V&M can repeat this performance or even improve on it, I believe that they can fairly get the same marks internationally. Especially given that both at home and internationally Tessa and Scott are made to work for every point they get. I like their strategy; make the judges give them what they deserve based on what they put on the ice. Nothing will be handed to them.
    This, this, this. When someone skates a program the way they skated it, they simply leave no argument for the judges to deny them the title. From a figure skating perspective you have deep edges to die for and a totally effortless command of the ice, and you combine it with supreme dancing - musical, in perfect harmony with each other and the music, in position at all times, just perfection. This is not to say that I agree with the times that they were marked down, just saying something like the choreo lift in the GPF FD gives the judges a window of opportunity, and this doesn't. Even if I hated this team, I wouldn't be able to deny that program was perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Marks aside, I always knew as we all have that V&M's basic skating is incredible but watching that slow motion replay made my jaw hit the floor. There was no part of Tessa and Scott's bodies that were out of line with one another whether they were skating in a closed hold or during the twizzle section. I felt as if I should be looking for the invisible string or something holding them together. They really have upped their performance level and then some. As always that chemistry with one another is off the charts.
    I'm getting tingly at the idea of them skating their Carmen FD with that level of intensity today.

Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly, Carmen, this SD is on par with the FD now! The same intensity, vivid vibration, although conveyed in a tender mood.. I absolutely love the way Tessa’s long glide perfectly matches the languid melody of the violins at the beginning. She becomes a violin.
    they not only tell their own story with such intimate feeling, they also capture and reveal the inner spirit of the piece. It’s a dramatic, romantic yet gentle, playful music and they totally made it their own like a second (or first) skin. It’s like taking a look in the soul of two human beings.
    It’s sophisticated work of art in which life and skating merge and become one. I see many different moods expressed in it, but above all, you can sense the deep joy, pleasure, longing and adoration for what they do… and for each other (: It even reminds me of a poem by Nietzsche that says “Joy - deeper than heart's agony / Woe says: Fade! Go! / But all joy wants eternity / Wants deep, deep, deep eternity!”
    I find this waltz is similar to Halleluja. In both, they themselves are the main characters. For this reason those two are their most poetic programs (:
    It says I can't rep you again just yet, so let me say how much I enjoy the way that you express your feelings and thoughts about their programs. You're very articulate and always get me to appreciate their artistry even more.

vCash
    I'm comforted by the fact that they have someone for themselves and just themselves. It's why I've always felt Igor and Marina could never serve both V&M and D&W with their very best, because they had to give each the same. At this stage of both their careers they each need someone who will look at what's out there and say this is what I think you need to come out on top.

vCash
    Sweet! My mother was a teacher for more than 30 years and every time she meets a former student who has done really well in life, she gets really emotional and sentimental. What would it be like for Jennifer Swan, to not only see Carmen live, but to see the girl she taught baby ballet 20 years ago in action as a woman in the dance form she had chosen, dancing a program Ms Swan herself helped create, it should be real sweet. Hope Scott and Tessa make her proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I think I do like the old version a little more. I enjoyed that it was a little different than a typical waltz. I won't say this one is generic, but it is basically "what people would expect from Virtue & Moir," which is to say excellent and a perfectly delivered waltz and polka, but I was into the idea of this being a season where they had two programs that were challenging material.
    I am a little bit in the same boat in that I personally like the old storyline better, a mini-FD SD, but I think this edition of the SD really works much better in tandem with Carmen. It’s vintage Virtue-Moir, in a genre they have mastered and second to none. This lighter SD would highlight better the contrast with Carmen. It would be like seeing a polka/waltz version of Mahler back to back with Carmen, one program highlighting the sweet, joyful, beautiful aspect of love back to back with a program about the darker, possessive, and destructive kind of love.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    We were mesmerized. My friend felt that they moved as one and had good knees. This from someone who just discovered the joy of competitive skating this weekend! You really couldn't tell where one ended and the other began. It really has a magic when it's live.
    Yes, where does one end and the other begins?

http://www.co-si.com/body-works-for-singers/

I haven’t seen this link before when I searched Jennifer Swan in Google before, so it must be pretty recent, informally acknowledging “Ms. Swan is on the training/choreography team of Olympic gold medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (Ice Dancing).” Like many, I hope she stays on board for next year.

Good luck to Tessa and Scott! I hope they really bring Carmen on and perform as well as they did the SD.
    Last edited by Sahararainfall; 01-20-2013 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    The ice coverage on the non-touching steps was insane.

vCash
    So FD will not be shown "live"? Did RDS upload video like TSN did?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post

ETA: Couldn"t find the LP, so I uploaded it myself...

http://youtu.be/4quSvMce6Z8
    Oh thank you so much! That was great! Have fun at the arena today and everybody else there.

Wishing Tessa and Scott an amazing skate today. Hope they skate lights out like yesterday!

vCash
    I also feel it would be nice if Anthony Hopkins was at Worlds able to watch his waltz music being treated so beautifully by them. I wonder if he will show up.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I also feel it would be nice if Anthony Hopkins was at Worlds able to watch his waltz music being treated so beautifully by them. I wonder if he will show up.
    You're joking right

vCash
    Just watch Dylan and Kirsten LP. They look so fast. So maybe its all stream? Skaters look faster, then at GP.

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast