Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Just over a week before I get to watch V&M live. I can not wait!! Will have phone with me and make little updates if possible during the FD and parade of championships.

Pani- The markee event at National's is always Men and Ice Dance. Every time I have gone to see National's live ice dance is the final event. Ice Dance has been huge here since B&K.
    Have a great time! I wish T-S will show there best and you will enjoy both SD and FD.
    I know about ice dance.
    Did they sold tickets for all day or only for one competition?
    It will be great if you could send us some reports from the arena!

Interesting. 1 hour translation per day in the night from WCh, wish will be held in Canada. I hope in Europe we will havemore coverage.
    Last edited by pani; 01-10-2013 at 10:15 PM.

vCash
    The ice dance is usually sold with the parade of champions ticket together. I have been to every National's in Hamilton and this is the first time I have been to the Hershey Centre. I purchased tickets right by the judges so I am hoping I will get a good enough vantage point that I can take the odd picture. Carmen by far and away is my favourite FD ever so I am beyond psyched to see it.

My mother in law is setting up accomodations for London in March and I will be going to the freedance there too. Wish I could go the entire week but I have to make money to spend it on the figure skating lol!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Interesting. 1 hour translation per day in the night from WCh, wish will be held in Canada. I hope in Europe we will havemore coverage.
    I think you're looking at the SRC (Societe Radio-Canada, i.e. French) schedule, pani.

The English CBC Worlds coverage looks as though it will be very extensive (including streaming).
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

vCash
    I don't know about coverage in Europe, but there's no way they wouldn't show it here in Canada. Twilight1, I hope you have a wonderful time at Nats. I can't wait to see it on TV/or skatebuzz. Nats is my favorite competition. Certainly less stressful
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    I think you're looking at the SRC (Societe Radio-Canada, i.e. French) schedule, pani.

The English CBC Worlds coverage looks as though it will be very extensive (including streaming).
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/
    Thank you! Its great coverage!

Nats is my favorite competition. Certainly less stressful
    I agreee with you. And i like GP events, where skaters show there new programs first time in the season
    Last season Nationals was stressful and T-S were very close to Kethlyb and Andrew in SD. Sad W-P will not compete this season Hope they will at WCh.

vCash
    I do believe they (W&P) are still hoping to be at Worlds. I sure hope so.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I do believe they (W&P) are still hoping to be at Worlds. I sure hope so.
    I think so too. And i cant wait to see how they changed FD

vCash
    Thank you Pani and and girlscouse62 for the links and information!

vCash
    Virtue, Moir stress simplicity, downplay storyline http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Thanks. And again we see how every article that comes out of a press conference presents a bit differently.

Sure they are adjusting things as the season goes on. The interesting part to me is that Jennifer Swan has worked with them on the short dance. Very happy to hear that.

vCash
    Wow, it's great that they worked with Jennifer Swan for the SD too! I'm curious to see the modified result.

What I didn't really get from the article is whether there have been changes to the FD, or just improving the speed... Speed and flow were the main things that needed work, so I'm glad they focused on that, and hope they haven't changed much of the choreography.

(Also, it's obvious from Tessa's quote that she was talking about the dance and there was no "messing around" with fans... for those who still aren't convinced about that.)
    Last edited by IoanaC; 01-11-2013 at 04:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Virtue, Moir stress simplicity, downplay storyline http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Thanks!

Sure they are adjusting things as the season goes on. The interesting part to me is that Jennifer Swan has worked with them on the short dance. Very happy to hear that.
    Yesss!!!!

What I didn't really get from the article is whether there have been changes to the FD, or just improving the speed... Speed and flow were the main things that needed work, so I'm glad they focused on that, and hope they haven't changed much of the choreography
    I cant understand this too. At first i thought they change the ending. But then its look like they didnt. I hope they didnt change choreo too.

(Also, it's obvious from Tessa's quote that she was talking about the dance and there was no "messing around" with fans... for those who still aren't convinced about that.)
    What quote did you mean?
    Ofcouse they work all season long.

vCash
    What quote did you mean?
    Ofcouse they work all season long.
    The quote about the characters being two people in love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    The quote about the characters being two people in love.
    Thanks! I understand, what you mean
    Its amazing how press could made such a different articles based on the same interview.

vCash
    Thanks! I understand, what you mean
    Its amazing how press could made such a different articles based on the same interview.
    Precisely. It's very important to keep in mind when reading anything in print from anyone. The written word and the spoken word can be very different and probably the cause of a lot of arguments online because you can't always get tone and context from the printed word.

vCash
    The fact they brought in Swan to work with them in the short dance is SO telling. Basically, it says they're so happy with Carmen as a program, they want to bring a bit of that to the SD. I can't wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Thank you.

Bmcg let's just forget it. I do care about the context that the article was written. This isn't the first time they've done this so that's why I feel like they mess with people. I just don't understand why they don't shut it down if it's the journalists that put those twists in their articles, but whatever.
    Sounds like you've been reading too much of "that blog". That batsh*t crazy blog.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    The fact they brought in Swan to work with them in the short dance is SO telling. Basically, it says they're so happy with Carmen as a program, they want to bring a bit of that to the SD. I can't wait.
    Yes - cant wait to see what they did with SD.
    Werid this wasnt in first interview. Only Swan work with them on FD.

vCash
    Yes - cant wait to see what they did with SD.
    Werid this wasnt in first interview. Only Swan work with them on FD.
    I think it's also in the other article, it's all a matter of how people interpret what they read and how the writer strings things together but I recall reading it thinking Swan was working with them on the SD.

eta... I'm just picturing the SD to be more dance based now and not so much story based which I think is fine for the SD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I think it's also in the other article, it's all a matter of how people interpret what they read and how the writer strings things together but I recall reading it thinking Swan was working with them on the SD.
    Maybe you are right. Could time go faster?
    And i wish to see what this will be bring some special element to short dance, which we think we have in the free ... You will be able to notice, for sure

Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast