Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Sorry Pani I missed this post. Don't have time now, but I'll look for it later.

I don't care what their relationship is either and I actually do think they have SO. That's why I don't understand why it seems like they're trying to mess with fans that might be hoping for something else. To me it looks like they try to stir the pot like HSGP21 said.

I too love the pic from the cbc article!
    It's a shame you only focused on that part and not on the part about how quotes are put together in an article can give you a different impression from the spoken word. I think Ioana is right in that it seems to me they are just trying to explain their SD and their refocus of the SD. I think it's a shame you see it as them playing games with their fans.

vCash
    no matter how the journalist strung the quotes together, i agree with shay in that tessa and scott really shouldn't have bothered to state that the characters on ice reflect their relationship and then state that those characters are in love. they know how their fans feel so toying with us (or them, if you don't include yourself in that segment) like this isn't nice. it's really tiresome to me because i see them bring it up each year and give different and unconvincing answers. i just wish they would move on. journalists have. we're well past the state where every article started with the question about whether they're dating.
    Last edited by iggie; 01-09-2013 at 12:26 AM.

vCash
    So in other words I don't care to know what the proper context is I'm just pissed they got my hopes up

Honestly I find this whole are they or aren't they tiresome and ridiculous and it isn't them that are boring me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    So in other words I don't care to know what the proper context is I'm just pissed they got my hopes up

Honestly I find this whole are they or aren't they tiresome and ridiculous and it isn't them that are boring me.
    you seem to be saying that our discussion about the "are they or aren't they" aspect of v/m's relationship is the thing that's boring you. i'd like to point out that we haven't talked about it for while. the only reason that we're talking about it now is because tessa and scott threw that little diddy out there. so if you're annoyed that we're talking about it, blame tessa and scott. we were happily chatting about stars on ice and costumes before this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    no matter how the journalist strung the quotes together, i agree with shay in that tessa and scott really shouldn't have bothered to state that the characters on ice reflect their relationship and then state that those characters are in love. they know how their fans feel so toying with us (or them, if you don't include yourself in that segment) like this isn't nice. it's really tiresome to me because i see them bring it up each year and give different and unconvincing answers. i just wish they would move on. journalists have. we're well past the state where every article started with the question about whether they're dating.
    Thank you.

Bmcg let's just forget it. I do care about the context that the article was written. This isn't the first time they've done this so that's why I feel like they mess with people. I just don't understand why they don't shut it down if it's the journalists that put those twists in their articles, but whatever.

vCash
    Just more food for 'you know who'. I expect a nice 'summary' and 'analysis' any minute now. Ready and 3...2...1

vCash
    I do think that some people are reading too much into Tessa's quote. If I had restricted myself to just reading the article and had ignored the comments some of the V/M fans have made around it in this thread, it would have never ever crossed my mind Tessa might be suggesting that she and Scott would be romantically involved. They've both said time and again they are not a couple off the ice, why isn't that enough for some people?

But moving on, I am dying to see how they 'simplified' their SD. I just love the first minute and a half or so of their choreography and their elegant aristrocratic polka, it's really something special, but I have to say they failed to get their story through to me in the last part of the dance.

vCash
    To me it means that they are just enjoying the moment together........pure icedancing, and celebrating the joy of it. I got no deeper meaning, and it certainly didn't change my perception of their relationship with one another......just sanctifying their relationship with the dance.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I do think that some people are reading too much into Tessa's quote. If I had restricted myself to just reading the article and had ignored the comments some of the V/M fans have made around it in this thread, it would have never ever crossed my mind Tessa might be suggesting that she and Scott would be romantically involved. They've both said time and again they are not a couple off the ice, why isn't that enough for some people?

But moving on, I am dying to see how they 'simplified' their SD. I just love the first minute and a half or so of their choreography and their elegant aristrocratic polka, it's really something special, but I have to say they failed to get their story through to me in the last part of the dance.
    Thank you.

vCash
    I don't mind that they play games, if they do.

vCash
    Sigh…never mind…let's just forget the whole thing. For the record though it just isn't this ONE article that I'm reacting to and I'm not one to read too much into what's written in a single article.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Tessa only said that the characters in the SD are in love. She didn't say that the program reflected their relationship -- the author said that's what she said. I know Lori Ewing is not Rosie DiManno or Steve Milton, but after reading what those two have written in the past, I feel like I can't trust any of these press writers to report what is truly being said.

ETA: Interestingly, this version of the article doesn't make any mention of the relationship issue, but mentions everything else.
    Last edited by sap5; 01-09-2013 at 02:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post

ETA: Interestingly, this version of the article doesn't make any mention of the relationship issue, but mentions everything else.
    For those interested this article gives a bit more info about the program changes confirming most of the changes were in the SD and also mentions they worked with Swan again so that deserves a

vCash
    Tessa only said that the characters in the SD are in love. She didn't say that the program reflected their relationship -- the author said that's what she said. I know Lori Ewing is not Rosie DiManno or Steve Milton, but after reading what those two have written in the past, I feel like I can't trust any of these press writers to report what is truly being said.
    Yes, and the other thing is that newspaper articles, through haste of writing, editing, etc. often drop parts of quotes or paraphrase in a selective or inaccurate way.

Regardless, Tessa's comments (or whatever fragments we received of them) didn't strike me as contentious in any way.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    tbh i think the most important thing we should be worrying about is the changes they made to their programs. i'll honestly be devastated if they made any major changes to carmen

vCash
    Regarding they styling of their FD...to me it's perfection. I love her dress in its entirety, the top is severe and bold, the skirt hints towards a more playful note (as playful as this version of Carmen could be...which is still bold bold bold) with its frilly layers. It looks so chic and well designed. The makeup is flawless, down to the pink lip. That hugh of pink paired with black is very contemporary, straight off street style. And I LOVE the hair, and find it actually quite essential to the dance, the way she can whip it around, the way it flies with abandon. I mean, come on http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/mamy-st/view/466381?page=9

vCash
    I must say ITA with jl22aries. I love the whole look.

vCash

Re: Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    Regarding they styling of their FD...to me it's perfection. I love her dress in its entirety, the top is severe and bold, the skirt hints towards a more playful note (as playful as this version of Carmen could be...which is still bold bold bold) with its frilly layers. It looks so chic and well designed. The makeup is flawless, down to the pink lip. That hugh of pink paired with black is very contemporary, straight off street style. And I LOVE the hair, and find it actually quite essential to the dance, the way she can whip it around, the way it flies with abandon. I mean, come on http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/mamy-st/view/466381?page=9
    I agree. And the way it flies at the end? Very violent and intense, as it should be.

I'm sad that they're not developing the SD story, but I understand why they decided to simplify it. Heh, I laughed when Tessa said that they developed this complicated storyline for the short dance. They're such artists. I also remember that someone here, I think, described the SD as an intellectual mini free dance, which it was. The story never really confused me? But I guess not everyone feels the same way. That's the thing with ice dance these days, people need to understand what you're doing so you kind of have to dumb down your story. It's sad, really.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

vCash
    Thank you! Its more interesting for me, than first one.
    Only wonder when they found time to do all this if they had Christmas break?
    If last season the main word was - Intense, this season its - footwork

Sigh…never mind…let's just forget the whole thing. For the record though it just isn't this ONE article that I'm reacting to and I'm not one to read too much into what's written in a single article.
    Shayi, i understand what you mean, but i think Tessa talked about they grow and have one same love - they love to dance. She talked about this at GPF. They all time talking about they are not together so i dont think they play with fans. Yes, they play in love ON ice, but not OFF. So i think fans have too bright imagination
    And its sad for me how people try alwayse show in negative way T-S - its bad, if they are not together, because fans think they need to be together ot T-S lie about they are not together, so they must to be together
    Last edited by pani; 01-09-2013 at 12:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Only wonder when they found time to do all this if they had Christmas break?
    It's been a month since the GPF. I think we can safely say they've had some good training time and you can also allow them to have a few days break to enjoy Christmas with their families, Pani. They know best how to pace their training and also protect their bodies.

Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast