Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yes, it was great to see FD on the TSN website last year. Hope we could see something on youtube.
    I hope they will made interview before Nationals and will tell something about costumes and what they made with programs.
    They usually have interviews at Nationals. Anyways I'm just excited to see them!

I actually love all their costumes too particularly Scott's FD costume. Tessa's FD costume I don't know though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Maybe we'll get to watch something live on the Radio Canada website, like last year?

I don't think they'll change any of the costumes (I like what they're wearing for both programs, anyway).
    But nobody will show FD "live". Only SD.
    I remember RC showed Nationals, but only competitions, wich wasnt show on Canadian TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    They usually have interviews at Nationals. Anyways I'm just excited to see them!

I actually love all their costumes too particularly Scott's FD costume. Tessa's FD costume I don't know though.
    Yes, i miss there skating already
    It alwayse funn to see they use new costumes.

vCash
    Scott's FD costume is fabulous. Tessa said that her mom did the FD costumes this year, right? Wow. Kate really knows what looks good on Scott.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Scott's FD costume is fabulous. Tessa said that her mom did the FD costumes this year, right? Wow. Kate really knows what looks good on Scott.
    Yes, she said she was too busy, so mom worked on there costumes. I think Scott costume look similar to what guys used in CSOI group numbers.
    I think Scott worked with Anna very well and look very good this season.
    And Tessa said her dress has some elemуnts was painted be hands. So this costumes is a big part of Carmen.

vCash
    Best pairs and ice dance costumes
    http://nickverrreos.blogspot.com/sea...max-results=50

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir: Canada--One word: WOW. They skated their Long Program to "Carmen" by Rodion Shchedrin and their performances were FLAWLESS. Every time I saw it, I had the urge to give them a standing ovation...from my sofa! Their costumes were also FLAWLESS; chic, directional, modern and Fashion Week-fab. I. LOVED. THEM. These modern styled costumes enhanced their fiery and intense performance, especially her plunging neck, backless multi-layered dress. Tessa could have gone all red rose-behind-her-ear and red-and-black Spanish Mantilla costume, but she didn't. And yet, it still had the same fiery passionate effect. I really think that this is the future of Ice Dance costumes. Bravo Virtue and Moir.

vCash
    I know that most posters here are not really in love with Tessa's "Carmen" dress, but I really think it is elegant and very classy. I was happy she didn't go with red. If she does change her outfit, I truly hope she doesn't change from the grey/black of her current costume.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I know that most posters here are not really in love with Tessa's "Carmen" dress, but I really think it is elegant and very classy. I was happy she didn't go with red. If she does change her outfit, I truly hope she doesn't change from the grey/black of her current costume.
    That's funny cuz I feel like it's the opposite. Most people love her costume as is and I've only seen a couple other people say they would like to see her in a new one. But I agree with you about the color, it should stay black/gray. I don't even know why I would like to see her in another dress because the current one really is beautiful. I guess I feel like it doesn't really "match" Scott's and doesn't appear as "modern" as his.

I was watching YT vids of Carmen and C/L's version popped up and she has a black dress now too!
    Last edited by Shayii; 01-05-2013 at 03:26 AM.

vCash
    the dress is pretty, especially in closeups, but i don't like the mood it sets. in practice and in practise gear, the fd is soooooo sexy. there was an immediate and visceral reaction to the sexiness when it debuted at skate canada. some people thought, about time. they loved how much it oozed sex, lust, sensuality. ... others were grossed out, because those posters felt like every single part the fd was drenched in sex. when she skates "carmen" with the dress, that's all gone. it becomes heavy, dark, gothic and the mood is completely changed. for example, in the dress, scott grabs fabric and it's a move. when they're in practice gear, scott is clearly grabbing her ass and it's really, really hot.

to me, bring the sexy back. without that sexiness, sensuality, provocativeness, lust ... they do the elements, but a lot the impact is lost. those qualities give an extra dimension to the dance that elevate it beyond a typical free dance into something that's purely epic.
    Last edited by iggie; 01-05-2013 at 04:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    the dress is pretty, especially in closeups, but i don't like the mood it sets. in practice and in practise gear, the fd is soooooo sexy. there was an immediate and visceral reaction to the sexiness when it debuted at skate canada. some people thought, about time. they loved how much it oozed sex, was playful, was seductive. others were grossed out, because those posters felt like the fd was drenched in sex. when she skates "carmen" with the dress, that's all gone. the dress loses the sexy. it becomes heavy, dark, gothic and the mood is completely changed. for example, in the dress, scott grabs fabric and it's a move. when they're in practice gear, scott is clearly grabbing her ass and it's really hot. too hot for some, but steamy for others.

i really hope they can find outfits that bring the sexy back.
    im thinking it has something to do with the bottom of that dress. to me, the top looks hot enough but the bottom dilutes the sexiness of the costume. i love the detailing on the sleeves and bodice but the costume might look sexier with just sheer black sleeves. the bottom of that dress could be made sleeker as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I absolutely love Tessa's Carmen dress. I think it fits perfectly with their Carmen interpretation.

I wouldn't change a thing except for getting rid of the fishnet stockings, but that's a minor detail and for me it doesn't take away from the perfection of the dress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    the dress is pretty, especially in closeups, but i don't like the mood it sets. in practice and in practise gear, the fd is soooooo sexy. there was an immediate and visceral reaction to the sexiness when it debuted at skate canada. some people thought, about time. they loved how much it oozed sex, lust, sensuality. ... others were grossed out, because those posters felt like every single part the fd was drenched in sex. when she skates "carmen" with the dress, that's all gone. it becomes heavy, dark, gothic and the mood is completely changed. for example, in the dress, scott grabs fabric and it's a move. when they're in practice gear, scott is clearly grabbing her ass and it's really, really hot.

to me, bring the sexy back. without that sexiness, sensuality, provocativeness, lust ... they do the elements, but a lot the impact is lost. those qualities give an extra dimension to the dance that elevate it beyond a typical free dance into something that's purely epic.
    I think you hit the nail on the head and said what I was thinking about Tessa's dress, but couldn't articulate. The mood of the program is slightly altered in practice clothes versus when they perform in their costumes (I should say costume cuz the issue is with Tessa's dress for me, I love Scott's). The impact of the program is still there for me too, but not to the same level as in the practice footage that I've been wondering why they seem so much more passionate in practice than in competition.

BTW it's nice to see people's different perceptions of this.

vCash
    The dress may win kudo's for it's "fashion-week fab" but I think it diminishes her beauty and destroys the sexiness of the piece. I'm with iggie on this.

vCash
    I think most of us agree that she looks really wonderful in her practice outfits. We all love the beauty of the clear and elegant lines and wonderful extensions. I agree that there is a freedom of movement achieved in the practices that doesn't necessarily translate into actual competition. Unfortunately the rules don't allow these outfits in competition . Perhaps this will change in the future. But I would hate to see ice dancers wearing outfits like S&S in the pairs programmes. JMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I was watching YT vids of Carmen and C/L's version popped up and she has a black dress now too!
    Really? Did you have link? I dont like how Igor copy all what T-S did and look like he had a war with V-M. Did he really think D-W will work with him again?

As for Tessa dress. I love this dress and i love how she look in this dress. But this is truth - Tessa alwayse look better in practice outfit, than in any dress. In dress her legs didnt look so long.
    Will see what they will change before Nationals. Interesting, where they work now.

vCash
    I went looking at YT vids and at Findlandia, it seemed she wore red and black
    By the time they got to TEB and later, it was all red
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Yes, i remember her dress at FT. I thought Anna change red dress at Nationals

vCash
    I wonder whether Tessa could wear something like what she wore for Pink Floyd - very simple tights with a small skirt. Bobrova wore something like this as well for their OG FD, and it made her lines even more beautiful!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    OT but i like that red and black dress better than the all red

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I wonder whether Tessa could wear something like what she wore for Pink Floyd - very simple tights with a small skirt. Bobrova wore something like this as well for their OG FD, and it made her lines even more beautiful!
    i have the same idea. maybe keep the top part of the dress, but make the bottom sleeker

Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast