Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I love the foxtrot from 2005 so it would be great to see them doing another one that's even more mature.

For the FD I think/hope they will do classical music that is known, but that isn't someone else's signature piece. When people mention Mahler in an ice dance context you know they mean V&M, and you also know who they mean when they mention Air, Carmina Burana, R&J, The Feeling Begins, Memorial, Bolero, etc (even though others have used the music successfully). I don't think they will take R&J even though they could do an amazing job with it.

I wouldn't mind Sleeping Beauty... it's a Russian ballet but it's not overdone and the music is so beautiful. I guess they would be hit with the first love thing though.... maybe Tessa can portray the evil fairy. If they want to be voidy, what about The Rite of Spring?
    Ah but that's the challenge. Six months ago I didn't think they would be able to do anything with Carmen to make it memorable but they surprised us. A&P for me have the most memorable program to R&J but I can easily imagine now (after having seen Carmen) they could make me forget anyone else skated to R&J. You're probably right that they won't take it but I think it would be a great program. I can also imagine I&K or C&L skating to it and wouldn't be shocked to see D&W pick it but I'd love to see Tessa and Scott skate to it as I LOVE the music and nobody can tell a story (especially a love story) like those two.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post

For the FD I think/hope they will do classical music that is known, but that isn't someone else's signature piece. When people mention Mahler in an ice dance context you know they mean V&M, and you also know who they mean when they mention Air, Carmina Burana, R&J, The Feeling Begins, Memorial, Bolero, etc (even though others have used the music successfully). I don't think they will take R&J even though they could do an amazing job with it.
    something like cavalleria rusticana or pavane pour une enfante defute?
    or maybe not because they dont seem "uplifting" enough
    ngl i can kinda picture them dancing to alexander nevsky but im not so certain
    or what about selections from the atonement soundtrack (minus the chapel music part) i can personally picture them rocking the typewriter section
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 01-03-2013 at 02:42 AM.

vCash
    I'm absolutely crazy over Prokofiev's R & J and admit I have totally pictured VM skating to it in my dreamworld.

Hope everyone had an amazing, gorging filled, celebratory holidays!

vCash
    "Working to Highlight the Modern Dance in Ice Dance"-with quotes from Jennifer Swan: http://www.ice-dance.com/main/news/g...e-in-ice-dance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    "Working to Highlight the Modern Dance in Ice Dance"-with quotes from Jennifer Swan: http://www.ice-dance.com/main/news/g...e-in-ice-dance
    What an amazing article, thank you for sharing it. To see experts describe (and regard) this program as well as they do is just so rewarding as a fan. I am sure even more so for them.

vCash
    Thank you! At last we could read interview with Jennifer Swan
    Very interesting arcticle. And its joy to see how people from dance World respect what T-S did in this year FD.

One program that she singles out for its use of the modern vocabulary, coincidentally, is Virtue and Moir’s Carmen: “That’s the first piece that I’ve seen on the ice where you could see the use of momentum and body weight, and the way that stayed through their bodies and moved through the space, and then to have that release of movement using their whole body, from their arms and the way that they had a freeness about them. That’s the first time that I’ve seen those concepts really integrated and used.”

vCash
    A lot off practice photos from GPF
    http://kimas.gallery.ru/watch?a=vV8-jv3X

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    A lot off practice photos from GPF
    http://kimas.gallery.ru/watch?a=vV8-jv3X
    Thanks. Bwahahaha at this one. Is is incredibly weird to say that I think it would be cool if V&M wore their practice outfits, with maybe some modifications for competition? I think it would add even more to the 'modern dance' aspect of Carmen. Besides, they look good in them.

vCash
    Thanks. Bwahahaha at this one. Is is incredibly weird to say that I think it would be cool if V&M wore their practice outfits, with maybe some modifications for competition? I think it would add even more to the 'modern dance' aspect of Carmen. Besides, they look good in them.
    A lot off people thinking Tessa look better in practice outfit. I think thats why T-S usually use practice outfit for first practice - t show the difference
    Maybe they will have new costumes at Nationals? But i LOVE Scott outfit in Carmen so much.

vCash

vCash
    Luv the pics...........and the practice outfits
    Addicted to FSU

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    http://data20.gallery.ru/albums/gall...740-u8fc60.jpg
    o-oh.
    is he carrying a banana in his pocket or....?

vCash
    Oh my god!!! ^^^ That's awesome

vCash
    HAHAHAHA

vCash
    There's some really fabulous music in the score of the ballet "Raymonda" . Not too familiar , so wouldn't be overused.. but should be well known in Russia....

That's just one thought ..Um , what else ....

Banned Member
    vCash

vCash
    So, guys, who will go see Canadian Nationals?
    Will you see practice? Hw do you think, will we have some great photos and back-stage videos?
    Sad they will not show FD "live". So i hope to read some reports on FSU.

vCash
    Will you see practice? Hw do you think, will we have some great photos and back-stage videos?
    I wonder if there will be videos on the TSN website like last year. I believe that's how we saw the programs. Anyways I'm excited I was going through withdrawals. I'm most interested in what costumes they'll have; will they stick with the old ones or try new ones. Also what alterations they've made to the programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I wonder if there will be videos on the TSN website like last year. I believe that's how we saw the programs. Anyways I'm excited I was going through withdrawals. I'm most interested in what costumes they'll have; will they stick with the old ones or try new ones. Also what alterations they've made to the programs.
    Yes, it was great to see FD on the TSN website last year. Hope we could see something on youtube.
    I hope they will made interview before Nationals and will tell something about costumes and what they made with programs.

vCash
    Maybe we'll get to watch something live on the Radio Canada website, like last year?

I don't think they'll change any of the costumes (I like what they're wearing for both programs, anyway).

Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast