Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    rainbowkisses, thanks for the link. I voted and just in time as the poll ends in a few hours (I think I'm reading it right).

V&M have just upped their games so much this season. Not only in the programs they've chosen but also their skating is better than it's ever been.
    Thanks!

Guys, did Radio Canada showed CSOI already?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thanks!

Guys, did Radio Canada showed CSOI already?
    No it's Sunday at 3h00 pm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frisette70 View Post
    No it's Sunday at 3h00 pm.
    Thank you!

vCash
    Hi, where can I watch all ex event? I thought, adress was posted there, but I can't find it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Hi, where can I watch all ex event? I thought, adress was posted there, but I can't find it
    Ioana posted it awhile back, but here it is: http://russiasport.ru/user/226/node/8413.

This wonderful lady took some really great pics of T/S at the gpf gala: http://mimishka007.livejournal.com/58761.html. Just click spoiler (click to open) to see all of the pics.

vCash

Re: Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Wow. Symmetry.

vCash
    I couldn't help but notice how well toned Tessa's arms are. She is so buff, but still very womanly..........lovely.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Wow. I love how V/M have so many camera-perfect moments. Those pictures were amazing.

vCash
    i know im being nitpicky, but there is one thing that i would like tessa to improve on--her fingers. tessa has very graceful and expressive arms, gordeeva arms, but sometimes her fingers dont flow with the rest of her arms. i wish she could have katia's flowing fingers consistently. i know i have brought this up before, and it's still something that bothers me that she does sometimes. someone here mentioned before that the flow stops at her wrists, whereas with katia, the flow comes from her core to her arms, to the tips of her fingers (to paraphrase what i remembered).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i know im being nitpicky, but there is one thing that i would like tessa to improve on--her fingers. tessa has very graceful and expressive arms, gordeeva arms, but sometimes her fingers dont flow with the rest of her arms. i wish she could have katia's flowing fingers consistently. i know i have brought this up before, and it's still something that bothers me that she does sometimes. someone here mentioned before that the flow stops at her wrists, whereas with katia, the flow comes from her core to her arms, to the tips of her fingers (to paraphrase what i remembered).
    I feel the same about Tessa's hands. I don't know the proper way to describe this, but when she holds her arms up, she often times has her hands in kind of a closed position that breaks the line completely for me. I can't find an exact picture to describe what I'm talking about, but something along these lines:
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...uto-143945.jpg
    http://www.canada.com/sports/2588874.bin?size=620x400s

The way her fingers are stuck together puts a sudden stop to the elegance that the rest of their bodies carry. & perhaps it's more appropriate for the tango piece, but I've seen it in practically all of their programs. I'm extremely nit-picky, so this is probably something that I just have a problem with. I don't think I've seen Meryl or Maia with similar hand motions as often. I wondered if it was a Zoueva technique.

vCash
    there are skaters who I could only *wish* had Tessa's arms -- buff and graceful and expressive. That such expression doesn't extend all the way to her fingertips -- that I can live with. When I see other skaters attempts at being graceful through the arms, well I almost shudder sometimes. And no, this is not a slam at any particular skater(s) in particular.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I like the way she uses her arms and fingers, particularly in-between holds. I don't know, I feel she groups her fingers gracefully and accordingly. She places her hands ever so gently on Scott's shoulders, she doesn't grab him as others do. Her hands are big so maybe that's why you guys feel she doesn't extend her fingers as well? I don't know, I just saw them in Hallelujah and I was noticing that she's even more graceful these days than, say, a year ago? Which you wouldn't think possible. So, yeah, I don't know.

vCash
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with how she manages her hands/fingers. With her ballet training, all that would have been instilled in her from an early age. I think her hands and wonderful arms are very expressive and add detail to whatever emotion they endeavour to display. Perhaps I'm not nitpicky enough.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    OMG, feel like i am on GS now
    I think you feel free to watch on ideal Meryl and let Tessa along, please

So, Radio Canada will show CSOI today? Cant wait to see full version.

vCash
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with how she manages her hands/fingers. With her ballet training, all that would have been instilled in her from an early age. I think her hands and wonderful arms are very expressive and add detail to whatever emotion they endeavour to display. Perhaps I'm not nitpicky enough.
    Totally agree. Its not she does have the bad extension, line or toe point of some other dancers!

vCash
    yes, you guys arent nitpicky enough

like i said, she has VERY GRACEFUL AND EXPRESSIVE ARMS. did i say ANYWHERE that she has bad lines and extension? im just pointing out one little thing that i feel that tessa needs to work on more, and then you guys blow it up as if im saying she has terrible lines. i just cant help but compare her to gordeeva (similar balletic lines and grace, same choreographer) who i think has the best hand expressions in the business even though she's not an ice dancer.

vCash
    I don't think anyone blew anything out of proportion, we just disagreed with you, and it's ok to do that I would assume
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I don't think anyone blew anything out of proportion, we just disagreed with you, and it's ok to do that I would assume
    i know not all would agree, especially the ubers, but like some have replied it's like im saying that tessa has bad lines and extension, and no toe point at all, when all im pointing out are her hands for goodness sake. and did i say anywhere that it's NOT OK to disagree?

vCash
    yes, you guys arent nitpicky enough

like i said, she has VERY GRACEFUL AND EXPRESSIVE ARMS. did i say ANYWHERE that she has bad lines and extension? im just pointing out one little thing that i feel that tessa needs to work on more, and then you guys blow it up as if im saying she has terrible lines. i just cant help but compare her to gordeeva (similar balletic lines and grace, same choreographer) who i think has the best hand expressions in the business even though she's not an ice dancer.
    Honestly is nothing personal. Just disagreement in one point. At least this is uber thread
    My reaction was so strong, just because i just read GS and were angry on what people are saying about V-M

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Honestly is nothing personal. Just disagreement in one point. At least this is uber thread
    My reaction was so strong, just because i just read GS and were angry on what people are saying about V-M
    and just because it's an uber thread, we can't put out constructive criticisms?

well i guess not

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast