Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Re: Zueva. We don't know exactly what she said, so I won't comment yet. Heavy has many meanings, we need context.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Re: Zueva. We don't know exactly what she said, so I won't comment yet. Heavy has many meanings, we need context.
    I agree, that's why I said I'd wait until we have a translation.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...abg3u/850x.jpg

Apparently this is what gets you tens in interpretation these days...
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/632fa7211...5l9co1_500.jpg

apparently sloppy postures is what gets you a gold medal in ice dance these days

imo we should start calling m/c's fd #sloppypostures to the people who call vm's carmen #publiccunnilingus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/632fa7211...5l9co1_500.jpg

apparently sloppy postures is what gets you a gold medal in ice dance these days

imo we should start calling m/c's fd #sloppypostures to the people who call vm's carmen #publiccunnilingus
    This idea is so greate. The judge should vote on pictures after the dance instead of live progrom. This way there will be proofs for scores. Only one photographer allowed he can be on tecnikal comittee.
    All canton team will loose this way and other teams can have chance to become greate

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T4WHi5z2Ut...+FD+SC2012.jpg
    Last edited by iNap; 12-08-2012 at 11:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    My theory is that it's politics and has nothing to do with the actual skating and programs.

Ding Ding someone gets the price tonight!! of course it's all politics, no doubt the American Federation is pushing with a heavy hand for their skaters this year. This seems really bad imo....not sure how V&M & D&W will be able to remain close with this crap going on..

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    This idea is so greate. The judge should vote on pictures after the dance instead of live progrom. This way there will be proofs for scores. Only one photographer allowed he can be on tecnikal comittee.
    All canton team will loose this way and other teams can have chance to become greate

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T4WHi5z2Ut...+FD+SC2012.jpg
    tbh their sloppy postures are quite evident in their performance you dont need photographs to prove that
    and honestly they stick out like a sore thumb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    This seems really bad imo....not sure how V&M & D&W will be able to remain close with this crap going on..
    My feeling is that they stopped being close quite a while ago. They're probably just polite rink-mates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    My feeling is that they stopped being close quite a while ago. They're probably just polite rink-mates.
    I really do wonder about this, actually. I'd like to think that they maintain that great initial friendship, but we haven't seen a happy Canton fluff piece for at least two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan12 View Post
    I say this gently because I understand that you prefer Carmen over Notre Dame, but I have to roll my eyes at this and as I see this, this almost an insult to D/W's integrity. What you are saying is that V/M should automatically win because they have a better program without actually taking into account the actual skating? Truth this, D&W's skated the heck out of that program, especially Charlie. You're also insinuating Tessa and Scott SHOULD benefit from decisions prior to any teams have skated

Also, are you really saying that D&W win because the US Figure Skating is politicking? Like the USFS really has the money to do that....

No it's fine, & actually I am not just saying it cause I like Carmen more, D&W are fabulous skaters, I like them however they are not on the same level as V&M. Sorry if others feel this is harsh, it's the truth. I am not a judge or coach & don't have to be politically correct, anyone who says D&W are better this season is well I don't know really what too say, cause they are just wrong if they say that

Even the Italian commentators earlier in the season said T&S are in a league all their own.
    I will LMAO if they lose at the Worlds to this ND snoozefest..

Oh & yes the federations will do dirty & underhanded things to get their teams & skater on top. Remember Lillehammer with Torvill & Dean getting bronze...that was the biggest STFU moment ever for me & loads of others along with Sale & Peltiller in SLC several years later.

The judge who gave V&M an 8.75 for skating skills for the SD should be sent to a room & left there for several days to get his brain in working order again...& should never be allowd to judge again, that was BOLD FACED CHEATING plain & simple.

Rant over ....now off to watch... The Dark Knight Rises!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    tbh their sloppy postures are quite evident in their performance you dont need photographs to prove that
    and honestly they stick out like a sore thumb
    that look is sloopy in picture look like Scott in pain. I have feeling thumb is fine maybe it is other fingers.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    No it's fine, & actually I am not just saying it cause I like Carmen more, D&W are fabulous skaters, I like them however they are not on the same level as V&M. Sorry if others feel this is harsh, it's the truth. I am not a judge or coach & don't have to be politically correct, anyone who says D&W are better this season is well I don't know really what too say, cause they are just wrong if they say that

Even the Italian commentators earlier in the season said T&S are in a league all their own.
    I will LMAO if they lose at the Worlds to this ND snoozefest..

Oh & yes the federations will do dirty & underhanded things to get their teams & skater on top. Remember Lillehammer with Torvill & Dean getting bronze...that was the biggest STFU moment ever for me & loads of others along with Sale & Peltiller in SLC several years later.

The judge who gave V&M an 8.75 for skating skills for the SD should be sent to a room & left there for several days to get his brain in working order again...& should never be allowd to judge, that was BOLD FACED CHEATING plain & simple.
    ITA i cannot watch ND without falling asleep i dont understand how some people can consider it superior to v/m's carmen

Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    that look is sloopy in picture look like Scott in pain. I have feeling thumb is fine maybe it is other fingers.
    lmao i meant m/c sloppy postures
    and i guess for him to look like he is in pain is part of his character or something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    I really do wonder about this, actually. I'd like to think that they maintain that great initial friendship, but we haven't seen a happy Canton fluff piece for at least two years.
    Probably because it hasn't been happy, Igor was fired within those last two years V&M mentioned in Nice that there is tension during training and that's the first time I ever recall them openly stating so. Just to be clear (for those who like to twist things) it was just said that yes, things are more tense in response to a question. It isn't like it was in 2010.

Honestly it just isn't humanly possible for both D&W and V&M to get all they need and 100% from their present coaching situation because they both have the same goal. But I don't see it changing and I don't know that there is a solution. I think once they retire they can get back to that friendship

vCash
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/figure...vastating-fall

Not happy to post a DiManno article, but there are interesting quotes from Tessa and Scott in there regarding the competition. Including Scott praising Meryl and Charlie for the way they skated - that's for the crazy haters out there who are calling him names...

vCash

Not happy to post a DiManno article, but there are interesting quotes from Tessa and Scott in there regarding the competition. Including Scott praising Meryl and Charlie for the way they skated - that's for the crazy haters out there who are calling him names...
    Surprisingly a good article for DiManno.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Welcome to the thread, Rainbowkisses! I think I'm going to enjoy your posts a lot.

Lissa, I think I'm in love with you.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Welcome to the thread, Rainbowkisses! I think I'm going to enjoy your posts a lot.

Lissa, I think I'm in love with you.
    thanks!
    eta:

aka the hypocrite fans who berate t/s for scott's comments at gpf and wtt but ignore m/c's comments against russia in their SA fluff (i guess this is another reason why the sochi audience wasnt too enthused with them
    but yeah this article is so much better compared to the last one

YEAH!
    vCash
    With her usual serene deportment, Virtue rejected, elegantly, suggestions that Carmen is both too risky and too risqué.

“I think it was a risk but, at this point in our careers, that’s why we skate. We have the titles. We feel there’s room to grow and we haven’t reached our full potential yet. That’s what’s exciting. We wouldn’t be competing otherwise. It would have been easy to retire. That’s what gets us to the rink every day — that challenge, working with different movement, different character. We’ve loved it this season. It might be a little bit risky but that’s also what makes it rewarding.’’
    Love that.

I dunno, but Marina sounds so fake to me talking about how she's going to talk to the judges. She's in such an effing great position. She can't lose either way. And then talking about how they need to take risks when they're the leaders, when it sounds like they had a very traditional Carmen until Swan came on board? She is such a BS artist, IMO. I would love to know if she has a preference as to who wins, and if so, who.

I wonder what V&M think, especially Scott... their motto has been "Marina is always right" and in the end, it's turned out true every time except 2011 Worlds, so I can see where they would wanna stick with her, but on the other hand, it must be really tough at a time like this knowing she could be just as happy to see them in 2nd.

vCash
    “I think it was a risk but, at this point in our careers, that’s why we skate. We have the titles. We feel there’s room to grow and we haven’t reached our full potential yet. That’s what’s exciting. We wouldn't be competing otherwise. It would have been easy to retire. That’s what gets us to the rink every day — that challenge, working with different movement, different character. We’ve loved it this season. It might be a little bit risky but that’s also what makes it rewarding.’’
    This is why they are the best team in the world.

vCash
    My thoughts exactly, Cherub.

vCash

Thanks for the article. I'm very happy about what both Tessa and Scott say. I'm looking very much forward to the second half of the season. My friend (we are really close btw) was rooting against Tessa and Scott cuz she thinks Scott is a douche after what happened at last year's GPF; forget the fact that she only watches skating twice a year and prefers D/W cuz they're American. Now that I think about it the only three people I talk to that watch or semi-watch skating prefer D/W...sigh.

BTW can we not let the tone get too negative in here...pretty please.

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast