Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Totally agree. It is also not just putting stuff into the computer but you have to take notes too. Although you do get used to writing whilst watching the skater. Although with judges getting to see skaters, it depends on their assignments throughout the year. They may get to Worlds without having seen any of the skaters competing. Their only viewing could be clips on Youtube which definately are not the same as watching live (another thing I discovered from the seminar).
    Absolutely. But even viewing on youtube or television is learning about programs. I'd be surprised that anyone involved in skating hasn't taken a peak online to see what skaters are offering by the time worlds rolls around. Seeing it live can change whatever opinion you may have formed ie...some skaters are better live and others less impressive live than they were on a screen but you can get to know what the skater is offering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
    AussieW - who was the moderator for your ISU seminar?
    Hey Emmett you definately helped

The moderator of the seminar was Halina Gordon-Poltorak. For those who don't know she is one of the people who developed the technical rules for ice dance. So had an excellent knowledge of the rules and system.

Hely Abbondati was also there to present on components.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Awesome thread - thanks Aussie Willy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Awesome thread - thanks Aussie Willy!
    Yes, truly awesome! I have been lazy on my dance rule study but this thread made me look at the pattern dances on YT again! I'll post my question later on. Thank you

vCash
    ^^^ go on do it l'etoile. The more questions you ask, the more I learn too. Maybe, you can post the you-tube so that we can have a look at what you are referring to .. for the benefit of people like me.

Aussie Willy, I appreciate what judges do. I don't complain even though the outcome may not be what I expect. I read the protocols to help me to understand where the marks are lost/gain.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12