Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yep.

Given the level of your entries in recent years, that's not very hard though.
    Hey, we've qualified for the final the last three years in a row!

I think that this was the low point in Irish Eurosong history.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    Is anyone bored enough to watch the Latvian semi-final with me? http://www.ltv1.lv/lv/arhivs/13863/E...2012/?stream=1
    Not even me and I am obsessed about Eurovision. ;P

Thanks for the link though.

OMG FOX LIMA'S "TIRPINI" DIDN'T QUALIFY. WHAT WAS THE JURY SMOKING?

Seriously, I hate this shit. The juries were supposed to be introduced to ensure good music gets recognised but they end up voting for the blandest shit. Same thing happened in Lithuania with "War in the Wardrobe."

Oh wait, I just watched it performed live and she can't sing. OH WELL.

Fox Lima "Tirpini"

vCash
    According to Aftenbladet, Sean Banan's performance tomorrow will cost 3000Kr per second.

There will be seven dancers and seven other people carrying elements of scenography in and out. There will be 25 sets of costumes, huge wings, EUROVISEAN banner, tons of confetti and many boxes of bananas... I can't want.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Hey, we've qualified for the final the last three years in a row!

I think that this was the low point in Irish Eurosong history.
    How did they find the only Irishman in that lovely country who can’t sing?

Not even me and I am obsessed about Eurovision. ;P

Thanks for the link though.

OMG FOX LIMA'S "TIRPINI" DIDN'T QUALIFY. WHAT WAS THE JURY SMOKING?

Seriously, I hate this shit. The juries were supposed to be introduced to ensure good music gets recognised but they end up voting for the blandest shit. Same thing happened in Lithuania with "War in the Wardrobe."

Oh wait, I just watched it performed live and she can't sing. OH WELL.

Fox Lima "Tirpini"
    That’s what someone performing without a monitor would sound like.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Watching three finals at the same time.

Krista Siegfrids won UMK! OMG! Nobody was expecting that. I am really really bummed for Mikael Saari who had the best song by far but she did give a great show. Shame her song is A PIECE OF SHIT. Oh well...

Finland - Krista Siegfrids "Marry Me"

Saari came second and Diandra third.

Adelen just made it to the "gold final" in Norway. If she wins I will flip. She sounds like a humpback cast ashore.
    Oh and Annzzzofi did as well. Meh.
    And Sirkus Elliassen are the third finalists.
    Berger better be the final one.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-09-2013 at 09:09 PM.

vCash
    YES! Whilst Finland FAILED, Norway has done the right think and picked Margaret Berger who has won by a massive landslide. So well done everyone.

Norway - Margaret Berger "I Feed You My Love"

vCash
    Just catching up on the second Melodifestivalen Heat and the level was just abysmal.

There was one track which wasn't terribad and that was Anton Ewald's "Begging." A fun, euro trash party track. He can't sing but who cares. I love it.

'Only the dead fish follow the stream / nothing is ever as it seems' made me lol. Nothing like Swedish faux-country. That track is really weird with the verses and chorus not fitting together at all.

"Copacabanana" performance has to be seen to be believed. It could be used as a dictionary definition of 'everything but the kitchen sink' phrase. Just wow...

The show itself was fantastic as usual with The Pensioners' versions of some big hits and a Bollywood version of Danny's "In the club". And no technical glitches this time. Much less reading from the cue cards too and Danny seemed much more comfortable. So a very good job SVT. They got their shit together.

Anton Ewald's "Begging" and Erig Segestadt & Tone Damli's "Hello Goodbye" went through to Andra Chansen (booo I wanted Ewald to win this heat).

Sean Banan's "Copabanana" and Louise Hoffsten "Only The Dead Fish Follow The Stream" went through to the final.

vCash
    These songs will compete in the Austrian final:

The Bandaloop "Back To Fantasy"
    Elija "Give Me A Sign"
    Falco Luneau "Rise Above The Night"
    Natalia Kelly "Shine"
    Yela "Feels Like Home"

All of them are shit and I couldn't care less who wins.

Well The Bandaloop would be my favourite because I love the electro-retro-kitsch of it but even that track is really mediocre.

Luneau and Kelly are supposed to be favourites. I think she has it in the bag, if she can sing well live, to be honest.

ETA: You can watch the second Melodifestivalen Heat here (non-geoblocked):
    http://www.svtplay.se/video/995427/deltavling-2

I would suggest that you do. I've just rewatched "Copacabanana" and I've cried, it's so fabulous.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-10-2013 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    That "Copacabana" video is amazing. Aside from Valentina Monetta, it may be the biggest Eurovision WTF since the Bulgarians on stilts.

I found a site with the lyrics in both Swedish and English (with footnotes--a level of thoroughness the song probably doesn't deserve).

I think my favorite line is, "Out of the closet with style, come out as a bananophile."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerobicidal View Post
    I think my favorite line is, "Out of the closet with style, come out as a bananophile."
    And as he raps that, a sad looking older guy in a suit walks through a closet and comes out in a sparkling yellow unitard and a blonde wig. <3

Prick Admin
    vCash
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I swear I've heard a song with same tune as Copacabanana. It's a lot of fun though and I wouldn't mind it being the Swedish entry.

I am excited about this. Water was awesome so hopefully their new song will be good too.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    I swear I've heard a song with same tune as Copacabanana. It's a lot of fun though and I wouldn't mind it being the Swedish entry.
    Every kid in the country is probably voting for it, I fear for the sanity of all Kindergarten teachers who'll have to listen to it on repeat for a year or so. It was interesting to read the English translation, it looks so very proper! The Swedish version is filled with "nysvenska" and slang.

I'm kinda hoping YOHIO wins (even if the song kinda sucks - he didn't get to write his own apparently) because being a hetero boy looking like that in a small town up north isn't a cake walk and I'd be pleased if people'd embrace it (and also it's fun to get some faux-Japanese musicians in contrast to the abundance of faux-Americans )

vCash
    otoh, Swedish House Wives were robbed of a place in the final!

vCash
    "Water" is indeed a Eurovision legend and one of the more memorable tracks so good choice Bulgaria.

Shah, come on. Swedish House Wives was typical schlager crap (I guess that might be a bad thing or a good thing depending on your point of view ).

Evilynn, if YOHIO wins, I will top myself. Pretty much every single song that has qualified to the final so far is more fun, better or both.

"Copacabana" is simply glorious in a so-bad-it's-good way, David Lindgren's song really pucks a punch and let's not forget about the return of one of the best musical acts ever: Army of Lovers. I really really hope that their comeback track kicks ass and wins.

vCash
    Oh and just a reminder of what STUPID FINNISH PEOPLE did not pick.

This is an absolute masterpiece. I still cannot believe it lost to that cheap, trashy piece of crap.

Mikael Saari "We Should Be Through"

*makes me cry each time*
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-11-2013 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    Here is an exclusive clip from Croatian entry http://youtu.be/9LP5TXGKDFQ
    They start singing at 0:35

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Here is an exclusive clip from Croatian entry http://youtu.be/9LP5TXGKDFQ
    They start singing at 0:35
    Thanks. Hard to say anything about it just after hearing them (badly ) harmonising in the studio, trying things out.

Whatever it's going to sound like, at least it will stand out with them going for a traditional folk music angle.

vCash
    The song will be recorded this week, so I will post it here as soon as I have it.
    From what I heard - It will be different.

vCash
    wheee!!!!

Shah, come on. Swedish House Wives was typical schlager crap (I guess that might be a bad thing or a good thing depending on your point of view ).

Evilynn, if YOHIO wins, I will top myself. Pretty much every single song that has qualified to the final so far is more fun, better or both.

"Copacabana" is simply glorious in a so-bad-it's-good way, David Lindgren's song really pucks a punch and let's not forget about the return of one of the best musical acts ever: Army of Lovers. I really really hope that their comeback track kicks ass and wins.
    haha, I agree about Swedish House Wives - it was schlager crap extreme, but I found it quite amusing . more than a song about dead fish swimming upstream .
    my words fail me to describe what I feel when I see/hear "Copacabanana" . although the melody somehow sounds familiar. "Dragostea din tei," maybe?

now I'm waiting for Army of Lovers .
    and Valentina Monetta's song .

and sorry, but the Finnish song is ridiculously bad...

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast