Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    Generally, when people start talking about how big in Japan they are it usually means they are not.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Generally, when people start talking about how big in Japan they are it usually means they are not.
    Yeah I meant 'he could be' if marketed well.

Certainly more a chance of success there than in Europe or USA. His target audience here, doesn't really listen to songs like this.

vCash
    Norway - Melodi Grand Prix 2013 Finalists

A professional jury employed by NRK has decided to give the wildcard to Lucky Lips so now we know the 10 finalists who will battle it out next weekend to become Norway's Eurovision entry.

The winner will be determined by a combination of public and jury votes and top four acts will qualify into the "golden final" first before the final winner is announced.

Here are all the songs and the order they will compete in:

1. Vidar Busk "Paid My Way" (Steinkjer Semi-Final, 3rd Place)
    2. Fjellfolk "Ulvetuva" (Wolf Tuva) (Florø Semi-Final, 2nd Place)
    3. Adelén "Bombo" (Drum) (Larvik Semi-Final, 1st Place)
    4. Gromth feat. Emil Solli-Tangen "Alone" (Steinkjer Semi-Final, 1st Place)
    5. Gaute Ormåsen "Awake" (Larvik Semi-Final, 3rd Place)
    6. Lucky Lips "Sweet and Heavy" (Larvik Semi-Final, Outside the Top 3 - Wildcard)
    7. Datarock "The Underground" (Steinkjer Semi-Final, 2nd Place)
    8. Annsofi "I'm With You" (Florø Semi-Final, 3rd Place)
    9. Margaret Berger "I Feed You My Love" (Florø Semi-Final, 1st Place)
    10. Sirkus Eliassen "I Love You Te Quiero" (Larvik Semi-Final, 2nd Place)

Which ones are your favourites?

Vidar Busk... Jesus Christ. It looks and sounds like some kind of dire Elvis tribute act from a dive in the middle of nowhere in the US.
    Fjellfolk (Mountain People) are another act that you could expect to see in a bar somewhere...
    Adelén's song is really cheap and tacky and her live vocals were terrible.
    Younger Solli-Tangen can sing but everything else is just noise. I really hope "Alone" doesn't win. :/
    Gaute Ormåsen - mediocre.
    Lucky Lips - another dive bar performance
    "The Underground" is a fun, funky song and the backing singers are good but it's not very original and the lead singer really can't sing.
    Annsofi, a young X-Factor survivor, is performing a song written by Alexander Rybak. A kind of song we've heard a million times before.
    Margaret Berger has a great voice and the song is fantastic. Edgy, sophisticated electro. And that white fitted dress is just beautiful.
    Sirkus Eliassen have a cheesy fun track and are simply incredible performers. 10 PE without a doubt.

TLDR: Margaret Berger is amazing and has the best song. Sirkus Eliassen have the best show. Datarock is decent enough for 3rd place. Everybody else is terrible.

I can't believe that out of all the acts, the jury decided to give the wild card to Lucky Lips. I would have gone with this fun dance track:
    Doc M.C. feat. Mimi Blix "Catch Me'

Spain - The Song for El sueño de Morfeo

The band has been chosen internally. They presented 5 songs to the Spanish TV and they chose chose two. Third song will be chosen by the public voting online between two other songs.

The band will perform 3 songs in the final and the Eurovision entry will be chosen 50/50 by jury and the public.

Here's one of the band's bigger hits: Lo mejor esta por llegar.

Feel-good summer song. If the winning entry will be similar to this, they should easily make the top 10.

---

Apparently the first Melodifestivalen heat was an even bigger mess.

Before David Lindgren took to the stage (he was the first to perform), the counter showing how many seconds are left to the start of his performance was broken and he couldn't hear himself in the headphone (no idea how it's called in English but musicians always have one headphone so they can hear whether they are singing in tune).

Also another thing I forgot to mention was that during the moment of the biggest tension whilst Gina Dirawi was about to reveal whether Yohio or Mary made it to the final, Yohio's song became illuminated in pink way too early revealing the result. So much for the tension.

SVT is known for always delivering to a very high standard so I am very surprised that so many things went wrong in one evening.

Also, SKANDAL! Underaged Yohio was photographed drinking alcohol at the after-party. What is the world coming to?!!

vCash
    Ziggy, I have an impression Adelen is going to win in Norway, cheap song and horrible live singing notwithstanding . Tooji or Stella Mwangi weren't that strong vocally, either .

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Sirkus Eliassen!!!! How can you not love dancing bunnies?!?!

Zig, the earpiece is called a monitor. And believe me, they are essential, the performers need to be able to hear themselves.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Spain - The Song for El sueño de Morfeo

The songs have been revealed.

Qualified to the final:
    Contigo hasta el final (With You All The Way)
    Dame tu voz (Give Me Your Voice)

The public are voting online between:
    Atrévete (Dare)
    Revolución (Revolution)

Another really busy weekend ahead of us!

Wednesday - The songs selected to perform in the Greek final are revealed.
    Thursday - The songs selected to perform in the Irish final are revealed.
    Friday - First Latvian semi-final.
    Saturday - BRACE YOURSELVES!
    Second Heat in Hungary
    Second Latvian Semi-Final
    Second Melodifestivalen Heat in Sweden
    Finnish Final
    Norwegian Final

Come on! What am I supposed to watch?

I can't split myself into five!

Melodifestivalen you can watch online on SVT Play. Norwegian final you can watch online through NRK website. Same for Hungarian. No idea about the other two. But eurovision.tv will probably broadcast them all.

Oh and we already know the titles of the four Greek songs who will battle it out in the final:

Koza Mostra feat. Agathonas - Alcohol Is Free (the song is in Greek)
    Aggeliki Iliadi - Chilies kai mia nichtes (One thousand and one nights, in Greek)
    Alex Leon feat. Georgina - Angel (in English)
    Thomai Apergi - One Last Kiss (in English)

Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    Ziggy, I have an impression Adelen is going to win in Norway, cheap song and horrible live singing notwithstanding . Tooji or Stella Mwangi weren't that strong vocally, either .
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Both the song and her live vocals are just horrific. But yeah it fits very well with the hot mess that their last two songs were.

The fact NRK has placed Berger and Sirkus Eliassen as the last two acts hopefully means they are politicking for them and that starting order should help with the public votes as well.

I will be happy with either of those winning but please no Bombo. UGH. :/

Thanks for educating me, Reuven. ^^
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-06-2013 at 02:59 AM.

vCash
    Greek Songs Have Been Revealed

Thomai Apergi "One Last Kiss" (decent singer and a professional but a rather forgettable retro track)
    Aggeliki Iliadi "Hilies Kai Mia Nychtes" (A thousand and one nights) (an ethnopop mid-tempo banger, I love it!)
    Alex Leon feat. Giorgina "Angel" (ethnoelectro snoozefest )
    Koza Mostra & Agathonas Iakovidis "Alcohol Is Free" (village wedding band level...)

I want Iliadi to win but Apergi will be ok as well. The two other songs are horrific. I bet "Alcohol Is Free" will win though. People love this kind of uptempo folksy shit, especially in Greece. :/

vCash
    Valentina Monetti will represent San Marino again this year. Hopefully with a song about Twitter.
    Yes! Last year I was thinking the exact same thing. The lyrics could start with: "It is just a little block of text/ But you never know what's coming next" . . .

vCash
    My sister made me sit through this. Maybe San Marino should use it for inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_cikTgwMXY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerobicidal View Post
    Yes! Last year I was thinking the exact same thing. The lyrics could start with: "It is just a little block of text/ But you never know what's coming next" . . .

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerobicidal View Post
    Have you ever thought about writing a song for Eurovision?

vCash
    http://escxtra.com/2013/02/the-irish-candidates/

Ireland is lucky they only have to beat 6 countries to make it to the final this year. Son Kez is the only decent one but I doubt it will win Eurosong.

vCash
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Aerobicidal again."

the Irish songs are mediocre, to put it mildly. all artists seem to have a potential to sound awful live . I'd choose 'Kiss me there,' for the sake of a title .

as for Greece - Aggeliki Iliadi!!! what a sultry performance! I really hope it will be chosen...

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Perhaps I have low expectations or am blindly patriotic, but based on the audio alone I would say that's the best collection of songs in an Irish final for a very, very long time. How they'll sound live is another story.

My fave is "Only Love Survives" - it's all a bit of a tribute to Eric Saade/Danny Saucedo, but when going to Sweden.

Never underestimate the Irish love for a ballad though!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    That one is my least favorite. It sounds like 10 other typical pop songs mixed together. So unoriginal. But I've heard that it's the favorite to win. I wonder what it will sound like live.

So far, this year's Eurovision entries are quite dull. I hope we'll at least get something crazy from Moldova.

vCash
    Have you ever thought about writing a song for Eurovision?
    That would be my proudest accomplishment! Perhaps Jedward could perform "Rad Bromance," my homage/parody to Lady Gaga I wrote for karaoke purposes.

"I want your tank top/ I want your Axe spray/ I want to squeeze your pecs/ Don't tell me it's gay . . ."

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the detailed Eurovision updates.
    Last edited by Aerobicidal; 02-08-2013 at 05:07 AM.

vCash
    Perhaps I have low expectations or am blindly patriotic, but based on the audio alone I would say that's the best collection of songs in an Irish final for a very, very long time.
    Yep.

Given the level of your entries in recent years, that's not very hard though.

Comansnala?
    vCash
    Here are the 12 contenders for Germany's national final next Friday: http://www.eurovision.de/teilnehmer/index.html Oh, and I do love No. 2, Betty Dittrich, Malmö-born girl, living in Berlin for years, and I don't feel ashamed about it. I know, it's only giddy retro-trash, but quite catchy and charming. There's a tiny morbid twist in the (German) lyrics, it' all about (her) boys, what else?, and where they all have gone? Don't look for them in her cellar, you won't find anything?, because ... they've "gone"?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AbyrJ5v_2s

My inner, more pessimistic gut feeling instead says that some cruelty like Cascada gonna make it ...

vCash
    Ben Ivory has the best song in the German final, by far. His chances of winning are probably 0.1% or so, though. :/

A really powerful track about how it feels to be a (sexual) minority, channelling all the negative shit into anger instead of revelling in victimhood.

One of the best tracks of 2013 so far:
    Ben Ivory - The Righteous Ones

If Cascada wins, I will top myself.

vCash
    Is anyone bored enough to watch the Latvian semi-final with me? http://www.ltv1.lv/lv/arhivs/13863/E...2012/?stream=1

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast