Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Heiligsarmee is negotiating with EBU and proposed changing the name and uniforms.

Krista Siegfrid's "Marry Me" and Arion's "Lost" have qualified to the Finnish finals from the second semi.

vCash
    Denmark chose last night. It's going to be Emmelie's Only Teardrops

vCash
    That's a very decent entry so well done Denmark.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Rather monotonous, though. Lacking in vocal range as well.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Well yeah it's terrible but it's 'decent' for Eurovision standards.

vCash
    Comedienne Petra Mede will host Eurovision. Apparently she is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukviWwMc0IE

I really wanted Sarah Dawn Finer (who is also awesome) but apparently she will be on tour at the time.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Valentina Monetti will represent San Marino again this year. Hopefully with a song about Twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Valentina Monetti will represent San Marino again this year. Hopefully with a song about Twitter.
    Yay, more voids! Her performance last year was just awesome.

"Facebook Uh Oh Oh" is just a legendary masterpiece.

This year, her song is caled "Crisalide" and they will soon announce when it's going to be unveiled. It was also written by Ralph Siegel so hopefully it'll be similarly lamazing.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 01-31-2013 at 04:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Can't wait!

vCash
    AHHHH Valentina Monetta! And same songwriter? SOOOO excited! My sister and go "Facebook, uh oh oh..." every time someone says Facebook. Yeah, don't say "Facebook" in my presence.

Sarah Dawn Finer would have been good. Especially if Azerbaijan qualified to the Finals.

vCash
    Macedonian song will be called "Obsesija" (Obsession) and will be performed in Macedonian. It's written by Esma's son.

Semi-finals in Malta and Norway tonight.

I hope that Chris Grech "Never Walk Away" wins the Maltese final.

Claudia Faniello will try to represent Malta for the 9th time with "When It's Time". She probably will fail again.

All Maltese songs are online, vast majority are terrible obviously.

vCash
    These are totally going to happen while I'm sitting in class. Or sleeping.

How's the Norwegian final looking, Ziggy?

vCash
    Norway is great in that the songs are really diverse. In the third semi on Saturday there'll be a goth/industrial band, teenage X-Factor survivor, some older established artists and a rapper duo.

I am really worried that "operatic metal" song that won Semi 2 is going to win the whole thing. :/

And sorry, I got confused, it's not tonight.

Friday evening is Maltese semi-final and it will be broadcast on eurovision.tv so everyone can watch it.

Saturday evening will be very busy as it will feature:
    - Hungarian Heat 1
    - Icelandic Final
    - Maltese Final
    - Norwegian Semi-Final 3
    - Swedish Semi-Final 1

vCash
    Saturday is going to be awesome. That's all day for me, so I can have it going while I do homework!

vCash
    Montenegrin TV informed us all that the hip hop duo Who See will be joined on stage by one of their most popular pop singers Nina Žižić as well as a second MYSTERY singer to be revealed. Oh, the tension is killing me!

Russia - a country known for not really bothering with that troublesome democracy business - shall choose its act internally. Apparently all the entries are talent show rejects, no established artists submitted songs. So we'll probably get some dire The Voice winner.

Cyprus has chosen Despina Olympiou. Song TBA. But it will be in Greek.

Bulgaria will chose the performer internally. The performer will then submit 5 songs, same jury will choose 3 best and then they'll be performed in the national final with the combination of jury and public votes choosing the best song. Songs are supposed to be composed and produced entirely by Bulgarian nationals.

American singer Hannah Mancini will represent Slovenia. She's the kind of artist who has had a successful career in the music industry for a while now recording vocals, working with other musicians, but never in the spotlight. Now it's heeeer time, it's heeer time, heeer moment, etc.

Some acts made it through to the Finnish final yesterday but it doesn't matter because Mikael Saari is going to win the whole thing anyway and then go on to either win Eurovision or place top 5 at the very least.

One minute long rehearsal clips for the tomorrow's first Melodifestivalen Heat are now up on the official website for the event. All the songs are terrible and David Lindgren - with another sharply choreographed routine - should have no problems winning comfortably, I think. He looks so amusing. Handsome but in a nerdy way, not a popstar way. He looks like he's just been dragged out of an office cubicle.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-01-2013 at 08:45 PM.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    WTF, Gothiminister is in the Norwegian Eurovision comp??

vCash
    Last night was incredibly busy as far as Eurovision song selection goes! Here's a re-cap:

Hungary - First Quarterfinal

The jury and the public each chose 3 songs (out of 10 taking part, so 4 acts went home) to go through to the semi-final. No idea whether there will be two semi-finals with 12 acts each or one with 24 but my guess is the former. We will see. All the songs were in Hungarian but I don't know whether it was a requirement or the artists' choice.

The jury has chosen:

48 points Szilvia Agárdi & Dénes Pál "Szíveddel láss" (zzzzzzz...)
    47 points Ildikó Keresztes "Nem akarok többé játszani" (zzzzzzz...)
    45 points Gergő Rácz "Csak állj Melom" (Cool vibe, I like it!)

The public has chosen:

43 points Gergő Baricz "Húz" (Cool, laid-back vibe again. Nice.)
    41 points Tibor Gyurcsík "Örök harc" (Wow. This is awesome! Depeche Mode/Hurts vibe and he's really hot! Definitely my favourite of the six!)
    35 points (placed last ) Tamás Palcsó "Ezt látnod kell" (Cheesy shit.)

Looking at those scores, the juries are pushing the dullest, safest crap, as is usually the case.

Iceland Has Chosen!

6 songs qualified from the semis + 1 wildcard making it a weird and uneven () number of 7 in the final.

A combination of jury and public votes chose the top two songs which then competed head to head and by that point only the public vote counted. The winner is:

Eyţór Ingi Gunnlaugsson "Ég á líf"

There is no way this bland, boring piece of crap entry will qualify to the final. Great choice Iceland...

And this is the song that came second:
    Unnur Eggertsdóttir - Ég syng!

It is also crap. But it's very catchy and at least it doesn't instantly put you to sleep. It should have won! OH WELL.

Malta Has Chosen!

And the result is a big surprise. I was betting for Chris Grech. Pasty-faced Kevin Borg was the favourite to win. It looked like it was going to be between the two of them. Kevin won the public vote, Grech gave a very good performance (and came 3rd in the public vote) but the jury decided to pick a mediocre, happy-clappy, piece of crap song which sounds like a tramp strumming at a ukulele... GOOD GOING MALTA! *sighs*

Behold, the Maltese entry:
    Gianluca Bezzina "Tomorrow" *cries*

Poor Claudia Faniello was 7th, entering Fumie Suguri territory now.

P.S. eurovision.tv published a prepared article, announcing the wrong winner, by mistake

Norway - Melodi Grand Prix: Third (and final) Semi-Final

Gothminister didn't make it to the final! The three songs that qualified are:

1. Adelén "Bombo" (Jesus Christ, this makes Haba Haba sound sophisticated... Sad, Jennifer Lopez wannabe crap.)
    2. Sirkus Eliassen "I Love You Te Quiero" (Terrible... but also AMAZING. And the staging is awesome. Got it on repeat all morning. )
    3. Gaute Ormĺsen "Awake" (zzzzzzz...)

Bookmaker favourites who failed to go through:

Gothminister "Utopia" (Well I am not surprised. Lordi was fun but this just looked like a bad joke and not in a good way. Plastic fun fair staging, please...)

I really want the rabbits to win. Eliassen brothers are just awesome!

But Norway actually has a sophisticated, serious-face, cutting edge electro song in the final (she won the second semi). It would be most fair if she won. Just no shitty "metal-opera" please!
    Margaret Berger "Feed You My Love" (Second Semi-Final Winner)

Sweden - Melodifestivalen: Deltävling 1 (Karlskrona)

Last night, the first Melodifestivalen Heat took place in Karlskrona. Remember, you can watch the whole of Melodifestivalen both live and on-demand for free and non-geoblocked through the SVT Play website.
    Video link to the first show.

Jesus Christ, I can't believe what a total trainwreck it was...

The female presenter wasn't that bad but Danny Saucedo was a nightmare. He was nervous and wooden, kept making mistakes and couldn't be reading the cue cards any more obviously. Yes, they are there to help you but you're really not supposed to be looking down reading directly from them 50% of the time...

All the fail jibes directed at Danny (who failed twice to win) were delicious, though.

So they had 8 performers perform. And then there was a technical failure when they did the voting recap.

Then people were given ONE MINUTE (WTF?!!!) to vote and there was a hilariously inane interval act.

Then they revealed the bottom three and gave people another ONE MINUTE to vote for the remaining 5 acts, 2 of whom would go to final, 2 to Andra Chansen and 1 home. And the poor three eliminated acts had to sit there holding back tears. Awwww.

Then there was another interval act and then results.

First they announced the first act to go to the final. That act performed the song again (whilst the rest of the votes wasn't revealed yet). Then they revealed other results and the other act going to the final performed. It felt really really weird.

So yeah, total mess. Oh and did I mention that the songs were shit as well?

Here's how it panned out (not giving all YT links because SVT will take them down straight away and you can watch it all on SVT Play):

1-2 and straight to the final

The two favourites lived up to the hype.

David Lindgren "Skyline"

Near perfect performance. Very strong vocals, really sharp dance routine. Lindgren looks like a nerd but has good stage presence. I am very surprised he wasn't out of breath at all given the amount of dancing. Song is kinda mediocre but uptempo and makes an impact. A very strong contender to win this year, I think.

Yohio "Heartbreak Hotel"

Wow. I am very surprised that a record label came up with this project. Think Tokio Hotel, on crack. Yohio "loves Japan" and is made to look like a yaoi character. Manga hair, angelic, androgynous face with big eyes, OTT make-up, colourful contact lenses, the whole shebang (click here if you dare). And wait for it... visual-kei music (bad 80s rock basically). It was terrible, totally form over substance but I can see how it can appeal to kids/teenagers who think their mum is being mean to them...

They didn't give the placements but my guess is David 1st and Yohio 2nd.

3-4 and through to Andra Chansen

Cookies N' Beans "Burning Flags"

Ok so a country group from Sweden, who released an album called "Trailer Trash Soul"... Ok... One of them even looks like a fat Kelly Clarkson. And one pretended to play the guitar even though we know that the music is from playback and the song wasn't even written by them so why bother. Having said all that, they all have strong, quite original voices that blend well and it was a good performance.

Eric Gadd "Vi kommer aldrig att förlora" (We'll Never Lose)

Well he's a DILF alright. It was the typical schlager crap albeit slightly more sophisticated than most and well performed for sure.

My guess is Cookies 3rd and Eric 4th.

5. Mary N'diaye "Gosa" (Cuddle)

Haba Haba number 2. A catchy song that could have done very well but the production was quite poor. And the staging was just a disaster. Terrible costumes, terrible background, really weak choreography. Her singing and stage presence weren't bad but it just all looked like a total mess. Wasted opportunity.

6. Michael Feiner & Caisa "We're Still Kids"

Wow he's such a babe! (proof)

It was a typical dance track but the sax hook made it stand out and it could have done well. One problem, though. Caisa can't sing. Like at all. I am quite astounded than an artist like Feiner who is very established in the music industry would not be able to find a better singer. I mean you have scores of better singers in the early stages of The Voice and X-Factor. Heaps of them to choose from.

7. Anna Järvinen "Porslin" (Porcelain)

This had to be a joke? Her clothes + (lack of) stage presence screamed CRAZY CAT LADY. Song was incredibly bad as well. Bottom of the barrel schlager crap. Horrific.

8. Jay-Jay Johanson "Paris"

Name dropping on various places of interest in Paris was the idea for the song lyric. He looked like some kind of basement-dwelling nerd. It was an even bigger joke than "Porslin". Incredibad.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-03-2013 at 11:05 AM.

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yohio "Heartbreak Hotel"

Wow. I am very surprised that a record label came up with this project. Think Tokio Hotel, on crack. Yohio "loves Japan" and is made to look like a yaoi character. Manga hair, angelic, androgynous face with big eyes, OTT make-up, colourful contact lenses, the whole shebang (click here if you dare). And wait for it... visual-kei music (bad 80s rock basically). It was terrible, totally form over substance but I can see how it can appeal to kids/teenagers who think their mum is being mean to them...

They didn't give the placements but my guess is David 1st and Yohio 2nd.
    He actually is signed with Universal Music Japan. He is doing Eurovision because the Swedish Eurovision boss Christer Björkman watched this interview on Skavlan (Norwegian/Swedish talkshow) and thought he would be perfect for Eurovision. He actually won the semi ahead of David.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Last night was incredibly busy as far as Eurovision song selection goes! Here's a re-cap:

The public has chosen:

Tibor Gyurcsík "Örök harc"
    Well I clicked on most of the links and this really was the only one I actually played again.. kinda cool.. liked it..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Margaret Berger's song really is awesome. It's like a poppier version of The Knife. Does what scandi-pop does best, mixing euphoric and melancholic. I'm digging it more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by itsartemis View Post
    He actually is signed with Universal Music Japan. He is doing Eurovision because the Swedish Eurovision boss Christer Björkman watched this interview on Skavlan (Norwegian/Swedish talkshow) and thought he would be perfect for Eurovision. He actually won the semi ahead of David.
    Did they give out the final results? I thought they didn't do that until the finals.

And yeah, I thought he'd be really big in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    Well I clicked on most of the links and this really was the only one I actually played again.. kinda cool.. liked it..
    It's great, isn't it? Really edgy.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-03-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast