Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...29c5_blog.html

Senior adviser for public diplomacy and public affairs. That won't involve skating on thin ice, will it?
    It should be, it should be US law to make sure she don't stay away from ice skating for too long, if EVER! Like minimum 72 hour period or something - or there will be SERIOUS probation or something for the Kween. Congrats Michelle, love you!!! Way to go, you are amazing... it won't be long now....

Speaking of Michelle, I was shopping the other day, and I keep seeing MK signs everywhere and have to resist buying the stuff. Have anyone came across similar problem with Michael Kors products? Seriously MK MK MK on everything, Scarf, Hats, Clothing, Shoes, Umbrellas, and all I can think of is oh here's a Michelle Kwan hat, Michelle Kwan Scarf, Oh nice Michelle Kwan Shoes!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Was this position created for her? Is it a political appointment?
    I would tend to doubt this. Based on her undergraduate and graduate studies, I would think that she has been acquiring the required skills to do policy analysis and make appropriate recommendations.

vCash
    I'm so pleased for her.
    What a vote of confidence for Michelle.

I'm sure she will bring the same skill and commitment to this position as she gave to skating,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    It should be, it should be US law to make sure she don't stay away from ice skating for too long, if EVER! Like minimum 72 hour period or something - or there will be SERIOUS probation or something for the Kween. Congrats Michelle, love you!!! Way to go, you are amazing... it won't be long now....
    I wonder whether Michelle does find the time in her busy "capitol" schedule to wind down with skating at a local area rink? Another urgent question: Has the Kween yet taught Clay how to do twizzles, spirals, and 2-axels?!

Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Speaking of Michelle, I was shopping the other day, and I keep seeing MK signs everywhere and have to resist buying the stuff. Have anyone came across similar problem with Michael Kors products? Seriously MK MK MK on everything, Scarf, Hats, Clothing, Shoes, Umbrellas, and all I can think of is oh here's a Michelle Kwan hat, Michelle Kwan Scarf, Oh nice Michelle Kwan Shoes!!!
    Too funny, os168, too true! ~ MK surely does conjure up the image of Michelle Kwan for me before it ever would the image of Kors -- though kudos to Kors for the Obama love (the other Michelle has recently worn two great holiday outfits of his in succession, not to mention the iconic portrait outfit).

Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Michelle really has down-to-earth personality. I love this comment, makes me imagine how she is saying it, with her good old mischievous look
    ITA, l'etoile. Michelle's comment when asked about a foreign diplomatic post: "I like living in the United States too much," was definitely a key highlight in the article. For me, another highlight was her reference to Clay and to when and where the wedding will take place:

...Kwan shared with her seminar audience one little career disappointment: She was turned down for a White House fellowship. “But I got the fellow,” she joked — fiancé Clay Pell, who beat her out for the prestigious program and now works there. No date set yet, but she said they’ll probably wed in Rhode Island — where he’s from, and where they got engaged — sometime next year.
    ETA:

Being a Michelle Kwan fan ... the gift that keeps on giving.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 12-06-2012 at 03:28 PM.

vCash
    Hooray! Hooray! The Country's Rising!
    Michelle Kwan "The Kween" is Risin'!

vCash
    Congratulations to the Kween. I wish her good luck, and success in her new role.

vCash
    Congratulations Michelle.

vCash
    I can't believe I didn't see this earlier, but a belated "congrats" to the Kween!
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Congratulations to Michelle! Great news!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    This is lovely news and Congratulations to Michelle on being able to find something she's as fired up about as she was about skating. Good for her and I know she'll do this job w/both professionalism and flare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12