Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Euros are coming! If Plush with one/two quads beats Fernandez with two/three quads I'll . It will be epic!
    Fernadez was beaten despite he has two or three quads. But I'm sure Plush plans one quad combo and one single 4S in his LP

Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I have read lala. The poster goes on and on and on about how Plushenko and apparently eveyone NOT in North America felt it was all about the winner having a QUAD. Winning without one was just terrible. However, thanks be to the "mighty Plushenko and his fans" (according to some) -- that boat had now been turned around and headed in the right direction. As was pointed out by kwanfan, the quad has steadily worked it's way back into competition with the help of raising it's worth and skaters learning how to land it -- and successfully -- in their programs. Just because lala continues to insist that the changes only occurred BECAUSE of the "outrage of some" regarding the outcome of the men's comp in the 2010 Olympics is -- well let's just say I am LMAO.

You know, I have really enjoyed watching Plushenko live. I don't hate or dislike the man since I don't actually know him, but if I listen to some of his ubers here, I sure could get soured on him. Which would be a pity cause I respect what he is trying to do. I may not think it's in his best interests but I can understand the sentiment of wishing to compete for your country when the Olympics are being held IN your country.
    I wrote some facts. That has nothing to do with that I'm uber. Unfortunately, I can't influence the news, and many experts opinion.

Don't you know Plush? Let's go! Worth the effort!!
    Last edited by lala; 12-20-2012 at 06:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Fernadez was beaten despite he has two or three quads. But I'm sure Plush plans one quad combo and one single 4S in his LP
    Actually that's not completely accurate Fernandez won the free program thanks to his three quads. It's his mistake in the short and his PCs that have cost him a medal and possible the win at GPF

I wrote some facts. That has nothing to do with that I'm uber. Unfortunately, I can't influence the news, and many experts opinion.
    I think you underestimate your ability as fan (let alone uber) to present perfectly objective facts in a totally subjective manner

That being said we ALL do that, to various degrees

Don't you know Plush? Let's go! Worth the effort!!
    I think it was about knowing him, interacting regularily with him on a personal level, working with him or being friend with him, and not about knowing him through the tv, press, books or even fan meetings or some online exchanges in social media

I follow several athletes in different sports, know all of their achievments by heart and have met some of them several times - I still wouldn't dare to pretend knowing any of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    Actually that's not completely accurate Fernandez won the free program thanks to his three quads. It's his mistake in the short and his PCs that have cost him a medal and possible the win at GPF

I think you underestimate your ability as fan (let alone uber) to present perfectly objective facts in a totally subjective manner

That being said we ALL do that, to various degrees

I think it was about knowing him, interacting regularily with him on a personal level, working with him or being friend with him, and not about knowing him through the tv, press, books or even fan meetings or some online exchanges in social media

I follow several athletes in different sports, know all of their achievments by heart and have met some of them several times - I still wouldn't dare to pretend knowing any of them
    Of course, of course...you are so accurate...

-Fernandez was beaten, he wasn't on podium..but yes, he won the LP
    -Maybe certain extent you are right, every fans are biased. But I don't understand what are bias in those facts, that in Europe in the news said Plush was robbed, or many experts supported him?
    - Hm. I didn't say that I perfectly know Plush, or I'm his friend, but I read his biographic novel, I follow him every day, I know the great news, and also the bad news on him. I know the bad opinions of him and the uncomfortable articles. That's enough. And he never disappoints me, he is a real man, sincere and unique, and he is one of the greatest and bravest athletes ever. I think, you don't know how much joy to be a fan of him.
    Last edited by lala; 12-20-2012 at 09:03 PM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTkne...-pJU-w&index=2 Figure Skating ( Men's) quad jump challenger 3olympics SP Montage

Transition was never used as judging criterion in the single event until the Vanc Olycs. It was not used in 2009 WC and Grand Prix Final.That's why it is so controversial! It is not ice dacing overall.The way TR was included in judging criterion is illegal. Because Lori Nichol is coaching P. Chan, taught ISU judges how to judge transition properly 2 months before the Olympic Games. It's an apparent illegal act. Besides, it's a quite abrupt decision to include TR two months before the Oly.

Make changes after the Oly ?
    TR has been part of the new judging system since 2003. The ISU had held many seminars over the years leading up to 2010 on the proper marking of components, including TR, some of them led by Joe Inman, who, before the Olympics, reiterated the requirements of the written criteria, i.e., to warrant high TR marks, singles skaters had to show transitions of "variety, difficulty, intricacy, quality" for the vast majority (80+%) of the program.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    TR has been part of the new judging system since 2003. The ISU had held many seminars over the years leading up to 2010 on the proper marking of components, including TR, some of them led by Joe Inman, who, before the Olympics, reiterated the requirements of the written criteria, i.e., to warrant high TR marks, singles skaters had to show transitions of "variety, difficulty, intricacy, quality" for the vast majority (80+%) of the program.
    Don't let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good delusion.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    Don't let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good delusion.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Of course, of course...you are so accurate...

-Fernandez was beaten, he wasn't on podium..but yes, he won the LP
    Well yes, I had to point it out for accuracy's sake - and because, as you know by now, I love to be annoying that way

I still love you though - even if you're annoyed at me right now

-Maybe certain extent you are right, every fans are biased. But I don't understand what are bias in those facts, that in Europe in the news said Plush was robbed, or many experts supported him?
    Other, more knowledgable (and all around better I suspect ) people than me have tried to explain that point previously. If they failed, I don't see how I could succeed.....

The only thing I'll add is, as wonderful an athlete Plushenko is, the world doesn't begin, end and/ or revolve around him

- Hm. I didn't say that I'm perfectly know Plush, or I'm his friends, but I read his biographic novel, I fallow him every day, I know the great news, and also the bad news on him. I know the bad opinions of him and the uncomfortable articles. That's enough.
    Sorry, what I wrote might have come across a bit wrong

When I said "I think it was about knowing him, interacting regularily with him on a personal level, working with him or being friend with him", I should really have written "I think professordeb meant it was about knowing him...." because I was reacting to her statement "I don't know him" and your reply "You don't know Plush? Let's go, worth the effort"

You sounded like you invited her to read/ watch videos about him, but I think professordeb implied she doesn't know him personally which means she couldn't judge him as a person one way or another (professordeb - feel free to come kick my ass if I put the wrong words in your mouth ) and that's something no amount and assiduity of fan following can make up for I feel

To be fair, I don't even want to know the persons I admire as athletes (or in any other capacity) personally most of the time - although I admit there are a handful I'd really love to interview/ discuss with because they seem from the outside like interesting people

I know, I'm not a good fan

And he never disappoints me, he is a real man, sincere and unique, one of the greatest and bravest athletes ever. I think, you don't know how much joy to be a fan of him.
    Sorry, just wanted to highlight this sentence for its sheer epicness

PS: it also vaguely sounds like a cult. Which is vaguely frightning too. Just saying....
    Last edited by rayhaneh; 12-20-2012 at 10:40 PM.

vCash
    The idea of if someone has more quads than someone else than the person with more quads deserves to win is wrong. I do not think of winning as most quads is best and should win. The role of spins and steps and PCS is very important. If you believe that quads should be a part of mens skating it is not that you only care about quads. That is so dumb and lysacek defender thinking and what people who hate plushenko say about all the people who wrote about how winners should do quads. They should do them it's not most quads win it is about the skaters are all maxing their potential with jumps. The anti lysacek revisions to COP are obvious! And it's not all coincidental that Chan started doing quads after the rule changes either!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    The idea of if someone has more quads than someone else than the person with more quads deserves to win is wrong. I do not think of winning as most quads is best and should win. The role of spins and steps and PCS is very important. If you believe that quads should be a part of mens skating it is not that you only care about quads. That is so dumb and lysacek defender thinking and what people who hate plushenko say about all the people who wrote about how winners should do quads. They should do them it's not most quads win it is about the skaters are all maxing their potential with jumps. The anti lysacek revisions to COP are obvious! And it's not all coincidental that Chan started doing quads after the rule changes either!
    I'm not sure that this is even worth responding to, but what the heck.

- "I do not think of winning as most quads is best and should win." This from someone who went to the trouble of visiting a number of Internet message boards specifically to make posts saying that Lysacek shouldn't have won because he didn't have a quad.

- "lysacek defender thinking and what people who hate plushenko say about all the people who wrote about how winners should do quads". Not agreeing that quads are what define winners is not the same as being a Lysacek defender, or about hating Plushenko for that matter either.

- "The anti-lysacek revisions to COP are obvious". In your conspiracy theory, maybe.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The first change to the value of the quad (from 9 to 9.8) came in the 2008-9 season, the year Lysacek won his first WC and Chan won his first WC medal., both sans quad.

Chan already attempted his first quad in the summer of 2009 (Liberty?) but became injured and ill a couple od months later, which put a wrench into his season. He had every intention of putting it back in as soon as he could, if for no other reason that he could drop the 3a combo, with which he struggled repeatedly. There's a common misperception that because Chan said that there was more to figure-skating than quads that he had no intention of adding one, but after his Olympic season plan was derailed, he went back to it, adding more diificulty incrementally.

The quad was raised by .5 for the 2010-11 season. You'd think from all of the claims about how the ISU succombed to Plushenko's higher wisdom and the shame of an Olympic champion without a quad that they'd have changed the value by a significant amount, but it didn't even equal the earlier increase, and it was only a little over half the earlier increase percentage-wise.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    My goodess....I am off the board more or less for a few months, and when I come back, you all are STILL talking about Plushy, Evan, and quads. And the same ole people yammering away about what happened in 2010. It's nice to have something in this world to depend on.

vCash
    Well yes, I had to point it out for accuracy's sake - and because, as you know by now, I love to be annoying that way

Other, more knowledgable (and all around better I suspect ) people than me have tried to explain that point previously. If they failed, I don't see how I could succeed.....

The only thing I'll add is, as wonderful an athlete Plushenko is, the world doesn't begin, end and/ or revolve around him

When I said "I think it was about knowing him, interacting regularily with him on a personal level, working with him or being friend with him", I should really have written "I think professordeb meant it was about knowing him...." because I was reacting to her statement "I don't know him" and your reply "You don't know Plush? Let's go, worth the effort"

You sounded like you invited her to read/ watch videos about him, but I think professordeb implied she doesn't know him personally which means she couldn't judge him as a person one way or another (professordeb - feel free to come kick my ass if I put the wrong words in your mouth ) and that's something no amount and assiduity of fan following can make up for I feel

To be fair, I don't even want to know the persons I admire as athletes (or in any other capacity) personally most of the time - although I admit there are a handful I'd really love to interview/ discuss with because they seem from the outside like interesting people

PS: it also vaguely sounds like a cult. Which is vaguely frightning too. Just saying....
    I do not wish to kick your ass cause you are spot on with the correct interpretation of what I meant about not knowing Plushenko. I knew that I meant it as "not knowing him personally" but apparently I did not make that very clear. Like you, I don't really wish to know most of the skaters PERSONALLY (although there are a couple of people with whom I would love to sit and have a chat).

And I also agree that some may believe the world revolves around Plushenko -- I am apparently not of that world nor would I choose to be in it. I will leave that to lala and others.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    The first change to the value of the quad (from 9 to 9.8) came in the 2008-9 season, the year Lysacek won his first WC and Chan won his first WC medal., both sans quad.

Chan already attempted his first quad in the summer of 2009 (Liberty?) but became injured and ill a couple od months later, which put a wrench into his season. He had every intention of putting it back in as soon as he could, if for no other reason that he could drop the 3a combo, with which he struggled repeatedly. There's a common misperception that because Chan said that there was more to figure-skating than quads that he had no intention of adding one, but after his Olympic season plan was derailed, he went back to it, adding more diificulty incrementally.

The quad was raised by .5 for the 2010-11 season. You'd think from all of the claims about how the ISU succombed to Plushenko's higher wisdom and the shame of an Olympic champion without a quad that they'd have changed the value by a significant amount, but it didn't even equal the earlier increase, and it was only a little over half the earlier increase percentage-wise.
    Ahhhh, a voice with reasoning skills. Too bad others don't recognize it
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Yes, I know. I talked about the SP.

vCash
    I've decided what the signal will be for the end of the world - when this argument stops happening.

I love Plushy too. I too believe he should have won in Vancouver. But COME ON, it was three years ago, HE'S over it, can't we get over it? Please?

vCash
    Yes, I know. I talked about the SP.
    Guess what? TR applied to the short program too.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    If Plushy deserved to win Olys simply because of quad, then Fernando deserved to win GPF.

vCash

Well, you annoy me too. I was honest, But I know I'm not the only one who follows her/his favorite,etc. Look at the Twitter and Facebook pages. Everybody is biased in this forum, so you don't mock me,please I think, you are nervous, because I'm a fan of Plushenko. In this forum there are many bad mouth toward Plushenko. I 'm got tired of them, and I registered.
    Look at this video, I am not among them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhgCIV4PY8c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOL6h...ioww&index=381

Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I do not wish to kick your ass cause you are spot on with the correct interpretation of what I meant about not knowing Plushenko. I knew that I meant it as "not knowing him personally" but apparently I did not make that very clear. Like you, I don't really wish to know most of the skaters PERSONALLY (although there are a couple of people with whom I would love to sit and have a chat).

And I also agree that some may believe the world revolves around Plushenko -- I am apparently not of that world nor would I choose to be in it. I will leave that to lala and others.
    I don't believe the world revolves around Plushenko, but I have many informations, what you don't know, because you don't interested in Plush.
    Last edited by lala; 12-21-2012 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I've decided what the signal will be for the end of the world - when this argument stops happening.

I love Plushy too. I too believe he should have won in Vancouver. But COME ON, it was three years ago, HE'S over it, can't we get over it? Please?
    OK. I will.

vCash
    Plush is going to be a Euros?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast