Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    OMG! What a stupid and hateful article. I just understand why Plushy has so many haters in North -America. Because the Americans people read such stupid journalists. Shame. And Chan? I don't want to say what i'm thinking about him... Go Hanyu and Daisuke!
    Hey, you may know everything about Plushenko, but it doesn't look like you know that much about North America.

vCash
    The article is just terrible whether it is written in Canada, Germany or Uzbekistan, and there is no justification for such terrible journalism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Hey, you may know everything about Plushenko, but it doesn't look like you know that much about North America.
    hey, I've apologized! And I'm geography and physical education teacher so I know some information about North America..

vCash

I didn't read the article, I don't think DiManno deserves to waste one single minute of my life. Hope they enable the comments, Afganistan would look like a peaceful place to sweet Rosie.

PS. Ok, I've read it!

"Wow, he’s doing a lot better than I had expected.’ He can still do all his jumps, which is pretty good for someone who’s — what? — 36, 37 years old.’’

at least Patrick was funny!
    Last edited by ciocio; 12-06-2012 at 07:47 AM.

vCash
    A "36, 37 years old" that can still pull off all of the triples and a quad is more than "pretty good"; It's phenomenal! I'm surprised Chan wasn't more in awe of that

vCash
    I am sure DiManno has tons of risk-taking and dare-devil DNA in her! To insult the revered Plushenko on her assignment to Sochi, she may not return home in one piece! Plushenko's troop will her!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I am sure DiManno has tons of risk-taking and dare-devil DNA in her! To insult the revered Plushenko on her assignment to Sochi, she may not return home in one piece! Plushenko's troop will her!
    You can criticise any skater for their weakness but the her style of writing here is mocking him. Iris very tabloid style writing, I would not call it risk taking, I call this kind of writing as idiotic. She is trying to create a controversy, at this rate she will get her wish some point.

vCash
    This is really bad journalism. She didn't mention anything about the reasons why Plushenko can't skate. I guess there will be even more of these kind of nasty articles because the Worlds are in Canada and obviously the N-A press likes to create drama around the men's competition. I remember when the Worlds were in L.A and they wanted to make a huge drama about Joubert and Chan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I am sure DiManno has tons of risk-taking and dare-devil DNA in her!
    ...Besides being a true intellectual.
    I dare di Manno to tell us which of the characters invented by Leo Tolstoy is vain, disdainful and imperious

vCash
    I agree that Chan did a pretty good job considering she was out to try and make him say something nasty. He was quite funny and if I could see his face when answering this, my best bet would be that he was doing the "awkward turtle".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Heck compared to the fun I had reading the British tabloids last week this is TAME LOL!

As for justification... this thread is all the author needs. If you really dislike an author don't provide publicity By continuing to read and post, even negative posts, you just "promote" and others go look which is the goal.... readers, not "agreement" LOL!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I'm sure Plushenko wishes he had the knees and back of an average 36-37-year old who was in decent shape. It's amazing what he can do considering how much surgery and therapy he's had.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skaterdelight View Post
    Lala,

Thanks for posting this youtube. I remember watching Plushenko grow up during his figure skating career. That boy put his heart and soul in his skating - abandoned, passionate, 200% committed and a superb athlete. Between him and Yagudin and Abt that was a golden era for Russian men's figureskating. One thing I always enjoyed about them was that they skated like guys too (I know, I know, probably I'll get trashed for saying this and I'm not implying anything about other male skaters).

Not to take away anything from what the present men do now - I love the artistry of Takahashi, abandon of Hanyu and the elegance of Chan but there was something unique about those Russian men.
    My pleasure..Plushy is an inspiring personality, his fans made ​​a lots of video about him. These are also touching videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnEDdoFew24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_STnOk9_EQ folle amore, solo amore, dolce amore.. "mad love, lonely love, sweet love .."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    ))))))))

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    This was pretty bad even by Rosie DiManno standards. She's aware that Plushenko is pretty much held up with tape and string at this point, right? Not to mention twisting Patrick Chan's comments - it's not like it's that hard to make Chan say something quotable!

I don't recall Plushenko sneering at Chan at any point, either.
    In Vancouver in 2010 Plushenko was asked a question about Chan and he said anyone without a quad should be competing with the ladies, lol.

vCash
    Chan never mock Plushenko in front of Russian media.

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121206/177959555.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittysk8ts View Post
    In Vancouver in 2010 Plushenko was asked a question about Chan and he said anyone without a quad should be competing with the ladies, lol.
    I don't remember that. Plushenko told it toward Patrick?
    Well, anyway even if Plushenko told to Chan, I don't think he intended to mock Chan himself. He just wanted to change the figure skating and the rule better. He never say anything bad about his rivals' private (...sorry, I don't know what I can say in English. I wanted to say, even when he becomes aggressive, he says only about figure skating. Jump, rule, etc. He never laugh at his rival's private, for example the age).
    Last edited by Glacier cat; 12-07-2012 at 03:30 AM.

vCash
    Plushenko didn't say anything until after the sp and then said generally quads is what make men's skating. And then after he lost he said men's skating without quads is like dancing. If he had said chan had been competing with ladies then it would have been in all the threads and it wasn't.

vCash
    The 'ladies' comments came from Mishin in his rant right after Plushenko won the silver. Specifically, “Any judge who thinks this is the right champion is a Cyclops,” Mishin said. “Without the quad, there is no difference between the men’s competition and the women’s. Why not let them skate together? Why not have it as a unisex competition in the Olympics?” http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/van...lushenko021810
    Last edited by Willowway; 12-07-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast