Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Please help find stolen puppy

This happened near my town, no matter what you feel about dogs being sold in pet shops, this poor puppy needs to be returned safely. He was not for sale as he had not had his first series of vaccinations yet. The store owner is offering a reward and says if the dog is returned, he will not be put up for sale, he will remain with the store owner as his pet. Personally I am against dogs or cats being sold in stores as long as there are so many waiting to be adopted in shelters but this poor puppy is innocent and deserves to be returned. Please spread the photos, someone somewhere has to know these thieves.

NorthJerseybrk ‏@NorthJerseybrk
    Elmwood Park pet shop seeks return of stolen bulldog #puppy [raw video] - http://shar.es/6JP7g
    Last edited by judiz; 12-05-2012 at 01:06 AM.

vCash
    Hopefully the person who stole the puppy really wanted him, though it is more likely the person wanted to sell him. Purebred puppies cost several thousand dollars in this part of the world, when privately they are sold for less than half of that, especially without papers.

Being stolen and sold would probably, and sadly, be more trauma for the puppy, who probably comes from a puppy mill (as many pet store pups do) and then had to endure being in the pet store.

But the end result will hopefully be that the puppy gets a loving forever home and his people get him to the vet. So many puppies from pet stores are impulse buys, especially at Christmas, and end up at the SPCA or up for rehoming on Craig's list.

vCash
    This was not a puppy mill puppy, the store owner is friends with someone who breeds the dogs, and he only breeds that breed. Regardless the creep who stole the puppy also tried to steal a snake so he was not looking for a new pet. He dropped the puppy out the bathroom window into a fishtank that had rainwater in it. The fishtank was in the alley outside the store waiting to be pick up by the garbage collectors.

vCash
    I'd be glad to look for him but I don't think I'll find him around here. I'm pretty far from Jersey.

vCash
    Hope the puppy gets found soon! Keep us updated!

vCash
    Judiz, you may not know that this has been all over network news. There are photos and video of the thief. The pet store owner seemed pretty upset, when they interviewed him. Hopefully the dog will be found in good health and the creep who took him will be punished.

vCash
    I am totally shocked that with all the publicity, no one has come forward to identify either of the thieves, someone somewhere has to know them.

vCash
    The store owner is a very nice man, during hurricane Sandy he opened the store so anyone without power could board their pets free of charge, so they could evacuate without leaving their pets in cold, dark houses.

vCash
    Yeah, I'm surprised no one has recognized the thieves. Sounds like the store owner is a great guy, I hope they find his puppy.

vCash
    Please go to Facebook and click on The Aquarium at Route 4's page to see the photos of the thieves and missing puppy. The poor thing needs medical care which it probably is not getting.

vCash
    YEAH! The police made two arrests today and the puppy was safely recovered. He was very dehydrated and had lost over a pound but is under the care of the vet and is expected to make a full recovery.

http://cliffviewpilot.com/man-charge...iminal-record/
    Last edited by judiz; 12-07-2012 at 11:05 PM.

vCash
    Great news that the has been found -- and that he should make a full recovery, no thanks to the stupid thieves.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Yay!

vCash
    Ugh. They are from my neck of the woods.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    YAY YAY YAY!!!

vCash
    Wonder what they were doing in Elmwood Park. That's a bit far to fog to steal a dog. Two losers, glad they got caught.

vCash
    This is so strange that this topic came up this week. Earlier in the week I had my dog with me in the car and I planned to go into the store to do some grocery shopping. My dog just likes to ride in the car and is happy to play with her toys in the backseat while I shop. A woman stopped me and told me to be careful because she caught some guy trying to get into her car (her husband was in the store and she was laying back in her seat resting and wasn't immediately noticeable to the thief that was testing her back door where the dog was). He ran when she asked him what he was doing. She also told me of another case earlier this week when a dog was stolen out of a car.

Now my dog is a mutt and could never be mistaken for a pure bred breed, but I definitely was paranoid and shopped really fast. I couldn't believe that people would do such a thing to make a profit around the holidays. GPS, sure. But a dog? What is this world coming to!

vCash
    The store posted a photo on its Facebook page from the day of the arrest, the poor puppy whose name is Blackie was kept in a small dirty crate with a pitt bull, thankfully the pitt bull did not hurt the puppy. Update from vet: Blackie is still lethargic but expected to make full recovery.

vCash
    This is good news after bad news. Thanks for posting about this, judiz. I looked at the video re the pup's recovery and the store videotape of the robbery (wow, what clueless lowlifes). Like the store owner said, go to any shelter in any city and try rescuing animals in need, or work with rescue groups where there are plenty of animals (even some purebred) who need fostering and permanent homes. What animals have to put up with from humans is beyond belief.

Initially, I did a search online for more information about this incident, and found numerous recent instances of puppies being stolen all around the United States!

Good on the store owner to decide to keep Blackie as his own pet after all the pup has been through.

vCash
    new video posted on aquarium's facebook page of Blackie resting at his new home.
    Last edited by judiz; 12-09-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast