Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

vCash
    It's great she's back looking so fit, and it's wonderful to see that gorgeous 3z, and the 3z3t combo.

But those in charge of implementing NJS have a long way to go.

Also....what would impress me the most is if she FINALLY re-organizes her SP so that the 2 most difficult elements are not the first two elements performed. But I'm sure her Ch/Comp score will continue to be one of the highest, if not the highest, out there.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy03 View Post
    Kims score is a total joke , there was absolutely nothing that could justify her score, for what she put out on the ice!
    Gee, that sounds like a real objective opinion... Emotion running things for you is it? You know that your eyes will see what you want them to see, so if you want bad that is what you will see.

vCash
    Kims score is a total joke , there was absolutely nothing that could justify her score, for what she put out on the ice!
    Well, Mao got almost 197 with 5 clean triples (only 3F, 3Lo), but Yuna landed 9 triples (including three true 3Lz!), and got 201.6! Compared to Mao, Yuna's score is quite reasonable! (rather underscored)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naan View Post
    Well, Mao got almost 197 with 5 clean triples (only 3F, 3Lo), but Yuna landed 9 triples (including three true 3Lz!), and got 201.6! Compared to Mao, Yuna's score is quite reasonable! (rather underscored)
    I wouldn't say underscored but Yuna's score was pretty fair considering what she put out. She was very marginally overscored on PCS in the long considering the fall and a slow second half (I'm talking just a tad, maybe a point or two. Don't hate me ) And the GOE on her SlSt in the short was overscored as it was choppy and stumbly. Otherwise well done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    I wouldn't say underscored but Yuna's score was pretty fair considering what she put out. She was very marginally overscored on PCS in the long considering the fall and a slow second half (I'm talking just a tad, maybe a point or two. Don't hate me )
    cbd1235, I said 'compared to Mao', answering to Amy03's post
    I think Yuna got generous PCS despite some mistakes, too. But not too much, just 2-3 points. Maybe judges were very excited to see her comeback

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naan View Post
    Seriously, where did you learn to calculate , since when did certain jumps disappear, I didn't know that counting was so hard to do, I will give you a hand, in Mao's performance and in her protocol you will find 8 triples, including level 4 on all of Mao's spins and steps!

You say that yunas score is quite reasonable, so you call a skater with falls, popped jumps, level 1-4 on the spins who received a ridiculous 69 in PCS as reasonable, did you ever see a clean performance by any other skater receive that kind of PCS, I am just asking!

Did you ever see a skater with no height or weight, no difficult entrance or exit receive plus 3 in goe, if you call this reasonable, then all the competing skaters PCS and Goe is certainly UNREASONABLE!

vCash
    Seriously, where did you learn to calculate , since when did certain jumps disappear, I didn't know that counting was so hard to do, I will give you a hand, in Mao's performance and in her protocol you will find 8 triples, including level 4 on all of Mao's spins and steps!

You say that yunas score is quite reasonable, so you call a skater with falls, popped jumps, level 1-4 on the spins who received a ridiculous 69 in PCS as reasonable, did you ever see a clean performance by any other skater receive that kind of PCS, I am just asking!

Did you ever see a skater with no height or weight, no difficult entrance or exit receive plus 3 in goe, if you call this reasonable, then all the competing skaters PCS and Goe is certainly UNREASONABLE!
    Correction, she had only 1 fall.

Well, considering NRW trophy is a B event, so inflated scores are much expected. However I'm even surprised that it was not that high. Anyway.. it's not like Yuna won with only 3 triples, NHK anyone?

vCash

Did Mao land 8 clean triples at GPF? Do you count UR jumps and Flutz as CLEAN triples?

Yes, Yuna's score looks very reasonable and fair considering Mao got 197 with 5 triples (without 3-3, 3Lz). Yuna's PCS was generous, but not that much. And it's the B-event! Even Korpi got 69.3 in the SP with 3T-3T and 3Lo!

Do you mean Yuna has no height or weight(?) and no difficult entrance on her jumps?

vCash

This is a bit of a double standard...Mao also popped a jump, not to mention she underrotated two other triples, something Yuna didn't do. Mao also had a bad flutz which was generously gifted with not so bad GOE's. I'm more of a Mao fan than a Yuna fan but I like to be objective as possible. I love both skaters, Yuna's jumps are very exciting, Maos balletic qualities are uplifting.

The worst part of your double standard is that apart from Yuna's sal which is meh, Yuna's jumps are ALL much higher than Maos, and they have more flow coming out. No contest. You can't just say that Yuna's jumps have no height. The height and wow-factor of Yuna's jumps are certainly meriting of high GOE's, maybe not as high as a couple of judges gave her, but that's what to expect from Senior B judges.

I would call Yuna's fall a bit worse than Mao's two UR's (And an awful flutz), but not a travesty.....Mao got a 69 for PCS. I would certainly not call Yuna's 69 ridiculous, I would call it a tad over what it should have been, at best. Mao and Yuna are very comparable "goddesses" of the world of skating in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zebobes View Post
    Here is Yuna's free skate.
    http://youtu.be/Ye0u0lM9IP4
    Yuna has a great LP IMO and she seems really serious about resuming her eligible career. Well done for her first outing after quite a long absence from competitive ice. Does she plan on going to the 4CC? Because I'm thinking it would take more than one competition leading into Worlds for her to feel comfortable with her new programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I agree.

I thought her SP was a total bore and sort of reminded me of why I'm so lukewarm to Kim. However, her LP is great and that's saying a lot because I usually don't like Les Miserables for figure skating.
    Not even when Kwan skated to it in 1998?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    And if she can get rid of those UR problems. I really want to see this rivalry revive.
    If both skate well, I think it's going to be a lot closer than in 2010. Kim attempts 6 triples and 2 2axels and Asada attempts 7 triples and 1 2axel. Kim has the edge in the short due to the 3/3, but Asada is also consistently getting level 4s on her spins and steps and getting GOEs on them. With jump GOEs not worth as much as they were in 2010, I think there can certainly be real competition between these two if they both skate well. The caller will also play a big part since many of Asada's jumps seem to be on the borderline all the time. Now throw in a rejunenated Kostner and we have a party.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not even when Kwan skated to it in 1998?
    It's one of my lower-tiered Kwan exhibitions (outside the Annie Lennox or both Alicia Keys ones). Thank goodness that she debuted Dante's Prayer later that season.

vCash
    Forget what fan you are (Mao/Yu Na). She should be proud of herself. The humility of going to a lower event when you are the raigning champion and worth more than a combination of any two people in the room. the way that she somehow was able to maintain her difficulty is just un real. I have heard the word amazing used to describe a lot of people, circumstances and events and no matter how overused, its still ill fitting to describe what i saw in Kim. Brilliance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    If both skate well, I think it's going to be a lot closer than in 2010. Kim attempts 6 triples and 2 2axels and Asada attempts 7 triples and 1 2axel. Kim has the edge in the short due to the 3/3, but Asada is also consistently getting level 4s on her spins and steps and getting GOEs on them. With jump GOEs not worth as much as they were in 2010, I think there can certainly be real competition between these two if they both skate well. The caller will also play a big part since many of Asada's jumps seem to be on the borderline all the time. Now throw in a rejunenated Kostner and we have a party.
    If YuNa skates well, she will certainly get level 4 for spins and steps. She used to get level 4 for spins, and prior to 2010, Mao also could not get level 4 for steps. Level 4 steps are not so rare currently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Yuna has a great LP IMO and she seems really serious about resuming her eligible career. Well done for her first outing after quite a long absence from competitive ice. Does she plan on going to the 4CC? Because I'm thinking it would take more than one competition leading into Worlds for her to feel comfortable with her new programs.
    With the way she skates, even if she was kidding about her resurgence, it would seriously put her at the top. I am a huge Mao fan and i'm eating humble pie after watching Kim. the mistakes to me i overlook because the rest has gotten better than when she won the Olympics. All of this stuff Mao has done in the past few years and she STILL has no clean triple triple and her axel is only a memory. I'm not really sure if the revamping was smart. I think that she might have done better to do what Nicks did for Wagner and change things slightly so as to make them more consistent. I do have to say that i am not qualified to include that suggestion because a complete overhall might have been completely necessary. I do hope Mao surges ahead but it's not looking apples to apples at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    With the way she skates, even if she was kidding about her resurgence, it would seriously put her at the top. I am a huge Mao fan and i'm eating humble pie after watching Kim. the mistakes to me i overlook because the rest has gotten better than when she won the Olympics. All of this stuff Mao has done in the past few years and she STILL has no clean triple triple and her axel is only a memory. I'm not really sure if the revamping was smart. I think that she might have done better to do what Nicks did for Wagner and change things slightly so as to make them more consistent. I do have to say that i am not qualified to include that suggestion because a complete overhall might have been completely necessary. I do hope Mao surges ahead but it's not looking apples to apples at this point.
    This basically sums up everything for me! Well-put.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    It's really hard to say if the revamping was the right thing for Mao. She was getting killed by the judges on so many of her jumps and she really had to learn new jumps like salchow and toe loop. She had abandoned the lutz, so her repertoire had become very limited. With the COP, a 3-3 is not as powerful as it was in the 6.0, but when Yu na is doing two 3lutzes and Mao does not do even one clean lutz, it's tough to beat Yu na Kim. IMO Mao has no choice but to bring back the 3A. She is more comfortable with the axel and the loop, so she needs to use her strengths, and not spend too much time on her weaknesses. JMO. I don't really agree that she should have done what Ashley did. Ashley's problems were more mental, and less technical. Unfortunately Mao's early success really hurt her. When she was winning, there was no motivation for her to clean up her jumps. Later when the rules were tightened, it became very difficult for her. I give her credit for working hard to improve as a skater/jumper.

vCash
    Yuna's performance seemed sloppy to me. The jumps were good in the beginning, but then seemed to run out of steam toward the end. I find the grey dress all kinds of unflattering.

vCash
    Kim‘s LP program looks difficult. I can understand why she received high PCS despite mistakes.
    But she needs more work on spins & stamina.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast