Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    YES!!!

vCash
    Amanda is GONE?!? NOOO! Bah, done with The Voice for this year
    Kyle

vCash
    Team Adam out of the finals. Too bad as they were my top 2.

Does Cassadee have this in the bag now?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I think Melanie will do very well if she gets signed and gets the right material. Maroon 5 should let her tour with them.
    That's an idea. Nap time for the audience during Melanie's set and everyone will be rested and peppy for the main act.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Surely Amanda will get a contract?

vCash
    Ok, that gets easy on the voting front -- ABC -- Anyone but Cassiddeeeeee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    That's an idea. Nap time for the audience during Melanie's set and everyone will be rested and peppy for the main act.

Tonight when Cassaddeeeee & Amanada were singing together it really showed how weak Cassaddeee's voice is in comparison. I have yet to see (hear) anything special or unique or marketable about her. IMO she's the only one in the top 4 who doesn't belong there.

I like Melanie & I am likely to buy her music but it was time for her to go. Amanda wasn't my pick but she deserves it more than Cassaddeee.

Nick FTW!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i thought the blue hair was a step up, im sorry to see it go
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Nick or Trevin for the win. Last night's Natural Woman was the first time I've really liked Amanda. She was too shrieky and also had that air of smugness I just don't care for. Combine the two and it's a turn off for me.

I really hope we hear something different from Terry next week or there could be problems for him. Trevin's got a tough time topping his Jennifer Hudson song performance, so I think he's got the most pressure on those in the Top Four IMO.

vCash
    Well that's a bummer. Nick is my first choice and I'm in the ABC camp. But, as teams go, Adam's was my favorite. I'm bummed to see Amanda and Melanie go. I would have preferred any of the others, except Nick, go.

vCash
    Got home from work after the show, so really happy to know Nick made it.

Stupid Bow Peep is gone? My life just got better! Bye Amanda. I finally liked one of her performances and she goes home? Figures

Hope Cassaaddee doesn't win this. But, I wouldn't go for the Hobbit either... Team Cee Lo here I guess?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Catching up, And I am Telling You was impressive. He has a gift, needs seasoning.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Catching up, And I am Telling You was impressive. He has a gift, needs seasoning.
    He definitely has a gift, but he needs not only vocal lessons, but a stronger stage presence and artistic vision. He seems very karaoke to me, even if he does have such a good voice. Actually, aside from Nick, I think all of the remaining contestants are pretty karaoke. I also like the tone of Nick's voice the most. I really don't care if Cassadee is prettier than he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Got home from work after the show, so really happy to know Nick made it.

Stupid Bow Peep is gone? My life just got better! Bye Amanda. I finally liked one of her performances and she goes home? Figures

Hope Cassaaddee doesn't win this. But, I wouldn't go for the Hobbit either... Team Cee Lo here I guess?
    Agree with everything except I actually kind of liked some of Melanie's performances. It was def time for her to go though.

vCash
    I'm not surprised that Amanda is out. True pros don't inspire that level of audience voting whether it be The Voice, AI, or some other show. Amanda needs to find herself a band.

I'm in the ABC camp. Right now, I'd give it to Nick.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I want Nick to win as well. He has the best listening voice of all the remaining contestants and there is a market for his type of voice--Tony Bennet has reinvented himself multiple times and he's in his 80s. Put Nick in a tux and a few more sessions with the barber and he'd have the stage presence he's currently missing. Of course, they'd probably have to drug the hippie part of his soul to get him into the tux, but hey.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Hopefully Nick & wife are through having babies so any superstition about his hair won't get in the way of future stylings. With a shave & a decent haircut he would look pretty normal. He doesn't have to chop off all his hair but that stringy mess is definitely unappealing. But I think the worst thing is his mustache, esp when he sings. And he doesn't have a neck so the buttoned up shirt & tie is a bad look for him. But I think his voice is fabulous.

vCash
    Nick desperately needs to get himself to a skating costumer who understands how to cut a jacket so that it doesn't creep up towards the ears when the wearer moves. And better pants. (OK, I'd just as soon he dropped the jacket entirely, but it seems to be his security blanket, so...) Right now he looks like he's auditioning for the cover of AARP.

I'm sorry to see Amanda go other than the fact that I hated when she shrieked. It sounds shrill and usually loses pitch. (Ditto for Trevin) -- I actually liked some of Melanie's song approaches -- particularly Seven Nation Army, Too Close, and her original take on Toxic, but this weeks performance was really, really weak. I hope she surfaces again as she learns more about herself and her voice and what suits her. Maybe some jazz? (I particularly appreciated Toxic after hearing BarbKdaughter play the original way too many times -- though once would have been too many -- during her tween Britney Spears phase. Melanie's was an incredible improvement on the original.)

But...ABC...which probably means Nick for me. (Though I noticed Terry really killed it on the iTunes chart this week, coming in ahead of Nick and Cassaddeeeee.)

And as long as we're on wishes, I'd buy the Rhythm of Love group (Terry, Cody, Melanie, Nick) song if they'd make it available on iTunes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkCP7IM1OdM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post

Tonight when Cassaddeeeee & Amanada were singing together it really showed how weak Cassaddeee's voice is in comparison. I have yet to see (hear) anything special or unique or marketable about her. IMO she's the only one in the top 4 who doesn't belong there.
    Yeah, I don't get why Cass is so popular. Her voice is weak and un-expressive, and she's stiff on stage (The duet she did with Dez was awful). Maybe she could've been another Tiffany back in the 80's, but it won't work today.

I like Melanie & I am likely to buy her music but it was time for her to go.
    I think Melanie's appeal is too limited. I can see her strumming a guitar in some local college bar but that's about it.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I am rooting for Nick, but I think Cassssaaaddddeeee is most likely to win. Sigh.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast