Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

vCash
    From British Monarchy's Heir on FacebooK:
    Keep Calm The Royal Baby Is Almost Here

Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I think everyone knew that the Phillips children were not going to become monarchs, so there was more freedom with the names; even the York princesses have pretty unusual names for royals, and they are closer to the throne. I did find it interesting that they chose to forego a title and have Peter and Zara be untitled.

I suspect that if Zara had been born a bit later, she would have been given a different name, one not so identified with a retailer as Zara is now.

In several countries, the crown princess and princess just gave their children whatever names they liked, and the middle names are the more traditional ones (e.g. Princess Estelle in Sweden, the Dutch princesses, the Danish kids other than Prince Christian).
    I agree about Zara, however the York Princesses names aren't that unusual, at least not as far as traditional Royal names go. Both are named for ancestors - Princess Beatrice was named after Queen Victoria's fifth daughter and youngest child Princess Beatrice. Princess Eugenie was named after Queen Victoria's grandaughter (and Princess Beatrice's daughter) Princess Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg. As far as I know though there aren't any Zara's in the family tree!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Hope all goes well for Catherine and wee baby Cambridge. Prince Richard/Princess Alexandra!
    I would love those names! I think Prince Arthur would be nice for a boy too - after King Arthur of legend. If a girl I'd love it if Guinevere were one of the babe's names. I know it's too out there though. But it'd be cute to call the baby Ginny for short.

Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 07-22-2013 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    I feel sorry for Kate who has to deal with everyone speculating about and discussing the birth of her child. It goes with the territory, I guess, but I still wish she could have more privacy.

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I agree about Zara, however the York Princesses names aren't unusual at least not as far as traditional Royal names go. Both are named for ancestors - Princess Beatrice was named after Queen Victoria's fifth daughter and youngest child Princess Beatrice. Princess Eugenie was named after Queen Victoria's grandaughter (and Princess Beatrice's daughter) Princess Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg.
    Beatrice isn't that unique, but it's not a name that has been used much in the royal family, either. And Victoria Eugenie was not exactly a British princess, plus Eugenie was a middle name in honor of her (non-British) godmother. Considering Queen Victoria's grandchildren and great-grandchildren ended up all over Europe, I don't think they can really be used as an example of traditional royal British names.

vCash
    I feel sorry for Kate who has to deal with everyone speculating about and discussing the birth of her child. It goes with the territory, I guess, but I still wish she could have more privacy.

Indeed.

Beatrice isn't that unique, but it's not a name that has been used much in the royal family, either. And Victoria Eugenie was not exactly a British princess, plus Eugenie was a middle name in honor of her (non-British) godmother. Considering Queen Victoria's grandchildren and great-grandchildren ended up all over Europe, I don't think they can really be used as an example of traditional royal British names.
    I said that the names are traditionally Royal which they are, I didn't say that they were exclusively British Royal names. They are however previously associated with the British Royal family- again, much more traditional than Zara which as I said before, and as far as I know. no one in the Royal family tree has used that name before.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    So today is the day! Hopefully labor won't last that long! Bless Katy's heart. I hope she has an easy time of it. Can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl. And the name! Guess the waiting is over!

vCash
    Glad for them that they got into the hospital without everyone photographing them. I figured they'd go in a side entrance and that if it was night or early morning they'd get in fairly quietly, and that's exactly what happened. When everyone is camped outside, knowing pretty much what is going on inside, it's nice that even something as small as that was possible.

Hope all goes well!

vCash
    My thoughts are with them, as the process continues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    July 22 is still Cancer
    Does anyone know if maybe that differs from country to country or continent to continent? I changed my calendar today (it's a weekly one) and noticed with some surprise, that it says Leo: July 22nd to August 22nd ... No idea where you live vesperholly, but I live in Germany, so maybe, like the full moon, there's a one day difference with some zodiac signs between Europe and the US?

I know this is slightly off topic but I felt opening a different thread for that may be a bit too much. Besides, once the maybe is born today, it'll be interesting to know what zodiac sign he or she ends up being!

vCash
    There is also that whole "new zodiac" thing, which puts July 22 as very early in Cancer.
    http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/...-zodiac-signs/

This site with the normal zodiac calender has July 22nd as the last date of Cancer, so it likely does vary by country/whomever is publishing calenders/books.
    http://www.psychicguild.com/horoscopes_explained.php

Since the Earth doesn't have a perfect year rotation, it would make sense they'd be slightly off depending on whomever is observing the position of the planet vs the stars.

vCash
    I was beginning to feel like she was never going to have that baby!
    Which was how I felt when my own was very overdue. You feel like you have been pregnant forever.

vCash
    I knew she would give birth on my birthday all along! (that is if she does indeed give birth today) I've seen some put July 22nd as a Leo before but I think most calenders have it as a Cancer.

vCash
    Popping in to give my Best Wishes to Kate for a safe delivery!

vCash
    Twitter:

NowThis News ‏@nowthisnews 5m
    Royal Corgi steals the show as the Queen arrives at Buckingham Palace: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sing-well.html … #RoyalBaby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    I knew she would give birth on my birthday all along! (that is if she does indeed give birth today) I've seen some put July 22nd as a Leo before but I think most calenders have it as a Cancer.
    It will shift a day in a leap year but it is also all about time. I believe the Sun moved into Leo at approx. 4:56pm BST so this baby is most definitely going to be a Leo so Carole Middleton was most certainly in the know here

vCash
    I never knew the Cancer/Leo thing was so complicated.
    Anyway, you gotta have to love that Kate and William managed to sneek into the hospital unnoticed despite the army of media in front of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    Anyway, you gotta have to love that Kate and William managed to sneek into the hospital unnoticed despite the army of media in front of it
    One photographer saw them and had the decency not to take a photo. Story:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/du...s-8726347.html

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    One photographer saw them and had the decency not to take a photo. Story:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/du...s-8726347.html
    The caption on the photo that is on the story says "Duck and Duchess of Cambridge". Snicker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    The caption on the photo that is on the story says "Duck and Duchess of Cambridge". Snicker.
    I like the idea of an official Duck of Cambridge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    It's not just the Cancer/Leo thing it is all the star signs . The sun moves from one star sign to another every 30 days or so so there are always going to be days when the sun moves from one to the other - William himself was born very close to the Gemini cusp himself as many born on June 21st 1982 are Gemini's but he just snuck into the Cancer sun sign by the smallest of margins as the sun moved from Gemini to Cancer at around 8pm that evening and he was born at 9pm

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Cancer on the cusp of Leo? (And let's not get into sun signs and moon signs and elemental signs and Chinese zodiac and....)

I'm, as always, watching the one channel that only gives a crap about the Royal Family if it's the Ascot meet (TVG) so this is the first I heard that today is presumably the day...squee! We'll know the name!

And yes, I would actually find it highly entertaining if it's a girl and the legalese meant a younger brother would wind up King of Canada. Come on, doesn't Canada rate a special monarch?

vCash
    I like the idea of an official Duck of Cambridge
    Maybe it is one of these:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CCwQrQMwAA

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast