Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hold out until Monday, Kate! That's my birthday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Steph's my fave, 'cause she doesn't give a hot damn about anything. She had her children out of wedlock and everything. So did one of Caroline's sons IIRC. I am only interested in them because I was a big fan of Grandma. I didn't know that Caroline's daughter with that German prince was a figure skater!! Is she any good?
    I don't know if she's any good at skating, but I saw her at Worlds in Nice & at TEB last year. Kim Lucine was sitting with her in Paris, & she had made banners for Amodio & Wagner, it was adorable!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Hold out until Monday, Kate! That's my birthday
    I am convinced that the baby will arrive on the 18th as that was the date I was convinced was her due date before being put right by the press We will just have to wait and see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Steph's my fave, 'cause she doesn't give a hot damn about anything. She had her children out of wedlock and everything. So did one of Caroline's sons IIRC. I am only interested in them because I was a big fan of Grandma. I didn't know that Caroline's daughter with that German prince was a figure skater!! Is she any good?
    So did Albert But Stephanie saves elephants, so she's okay in my book.

Re Alexandra's skating, this is what I've been able to find.

vCash
    I was angry that my husband and I could not have a few hours before anyone knew that our first son was born (someone in the hospital who knew our parents called them to tell them we were in the l/d floor), I can not begin to imagine what Kate and William must feel like. give them a break.

vCash
    Twitter:

anglophenia ‏@anglophenia 8m
    #TheQueen was a baby once too. Check out a vintage newsreel of the 87-year old monarch shortly after her birth here: http://bit.ly/15ColNd

vCash
    CNN is reporting that the baby may arrive any minute now.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    It's based on nothing, as was the story circulating this morning that Camilla had "let it slip" by saying she's expecting it will be this week. Kate's due date has passed (not unusual for first babies, I understand) so, yeah, it's "any minute now" and likely "this week."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/world/...html?hpt=hp_t3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    CNN is reporting that the baby may arrive any minute now.
    Do they have a reporter in the delivery room? That's what CNN was saying yesterday, which was more than a few "minutes" ago:
    Any minute, the Duchess of Cambridge will birth a new heir to the British throne.
    So perhaps "any minute" really means sometime in the very near future.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    It's based on nothing, as was the story circulating this morning that Camilla had "let it slip" by saying she's expecting it will be this week. Kate's due date has passed (not unusual for first babies, I understand) so, yeah, it's "any minute now" and likely "this week."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/world/...html?hpt=hp_t3
    We actually never knew her exact due date, so we don't know if it has passed. The most widely circulated date, July 13, was made up by the Daily Mail. The official word from Buckingham Palace was "mid-July" which could be any time this week or even early next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    We actually never knew her exact due date, so we don't know if it has passed. The most widely circulated date, July 13, was made up by the Daily Mail. The official word from Buckingham Palace was "mid-July" which could be any time this week or even early next.
    And Carole Middleton let slip the baby would be a Leo...which indicates the due date is July 22 or later. But as my mother and sister can tell you, due dates are merely guidelines My sister, a first child, was 2 days early. My brother 4 weeks, and me 1 week. My sister's first child was 2 days early, the second a week.

First babies aren't always late, and in my family are always pretty close to time.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    And Carole Middleton let slip the baby would be a Leo...which indicates the due date is July 22
    July 22 is still Cancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    July 22 is still Cancer
    THE DAILY MAIL LIED TO ME?!!!

I should have known better than to not check that We might be waiting another couple of weeks then!

vCash
    And Carole Middleton let slip the baby would be a Leo...which indicates the due date is July 22 or later. But as my mother and sister can tell you, due dates are merely guidelines My sister, a first child, was 2 days early. My brother 4 weeks, and me 1 week. My sister's first child was 2 days early, the second a week.

First babies aren't always late, and in my family are always pretty close to time.
    My firstborn brother was right on time. I was five weeks early. My firstborn sister-in-law was about a week early and born around 11:30 on New Year's Eve, just missing out being the area's New Year baby.

Also...no confirmation on Carole saying that. A " family source" told a tabloid magazine. So that is probably no more reliable than the July 13 date that the Mail managed to make an international fact.

My friend's who have had kids have all had a reasonable prediction from the doctor based on physical signs during the last week/days. So perhaps Camilla knows something we don't based on Kate's doctor visits.

Not that any of the speculation matters. Baby is going to come when it is going to come, after all.

vCash
    Ha. Okay. Well - the baby will be born in the next couple of weeks, in that case. Mid July is sufficiently vague! I hope it's soon simply because all the hype has received fever pitch. Chances are it'll be this weekend, when I'll be out of town and miss the impromptu street celebrations Mark my words

vCash
    Ha. Okay. Well - the baby will be born in the next couple of weeks, in that case. Mid July is sufficiently vague! I hope it's soon simply because all the hype has received fever pitch. Chances are it'll be this weekend, when I'll be out of town and miss the impromptu street celebrations Mark my words
    Well, according to about three tabloid covers at my local grocery store, the baby was already born with lots of last minute delivery drama and a "wild" helicopter journey for William. One even has the name details inside. So I guess Charles, Camilla, and the international media just don't have the real scoop.

vCash
    I'm just glad they didn't tell the media the due date. Can you imagine? Wasn't William induced because of stress about when the baby was going to arrive?

I hope everything goes smooth for Kate. Labor and delivery is scary. It was about twenty-four hours for me. Ugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Well, according to about three tabloid covers at my local grocery store, the baby was already born with lots of last minute delivery drama and a "wild" helicopter journey for William. One even has the name details inside. So I guess Charles, Camilla, and the international media just don't have the real scoop.

Quite surprised my mom hasn't told me that. Guess she just hasn't noticed the covers yet. Or she knows how quickly i'd shoot that idea down.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    I think the baby was born in Dec when Kate was in hospital and she's been wearing a fake belly all this time .. just to mess with our heads.

vCash
    Tongue-in-cheek yet accurate little video via Twitter:

anglotopia ‏@anglotopia 58m
    Video: How to Become the British Monarch http://goo.gl/fb/lI9Q8

Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast