Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

vCash
    The Trooping the Colours:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ng-Colour.html

HMQ and Duchess of Cambridge both look terrific.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    HMQ looks amazing! i love the color, the hat, the pin, and the pattern of her dress peeking underneath. probably no accident everyone else is in muted colors. also, she seems to be enjoying herself.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Kate herself looks great, but I don't like the outfit and especially not the hat - it's all too pink. As far as I'm concerned, Eugenie and Camilla win the hat contest (and Prince William too .

Always nice to have Lady Louise (and her brother) join the festivities!

vCash
    ^^^
    To each their own.

What would be more suitable/appealing?
    The Queen was meant to be the "star" of this event.

vCash
    ^^^
    To each their own.

I'd go with something that doesn't look like a night gown my 80 year old grandmother would wear
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    What Jen said. The color and the details (the coat buttons, the lacy bits on the hat) are somehow both too old and too young. She's usually very stylish, and has stayed that way during her pregnancy as well, but this is not one of her better efforts, IMO.

I think Camilla often dresses well and appropriately, and Kate has the advantage of being younger and better looking (although she lacks Camilla's ability to wear massive jewels and hats, alas). BTW, Beatrice and Eugenie have worn blue and red to this event in the past, so I don't think the color palette is that limited.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont mind kate's outfit considering how far along she is.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    She's 8+ months along; and couldn't look like an "80 year old grandmother" if she tried!

vCash

Dang, you gotta give it to the Brits, they know how to do POMP and CIRCUMSTANCE!

vCash
    She might be 8+ months, but she looks like she has a football shoved up her shirt. She's hardly so out of shape that she needs to adopt the old fashioned mentality of frumpy, pastel toned maternity wear. It wouldn't look so bad if it were a vivid pink, or even white, or any other non-pastel colour for that matter.

She looks absolutely radiant and glowing, but the dress does her a disservice IMO.

My grandmother really does have a nightgown that looks exactly like it.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Maybe she feels it's better to err on the side of caution than to wear something really out there and get slammed in the media and in the very fickle minds of the public. I mean, look at the York sisters. Nine times out of ten those poor women get criticized for what they wear (they really do need stylists...) and maybe Kate feels going the more conservative route, while somewhat boring, is the safer bet. I mean, every eyeball is on her at events like these and she knows it. Better to be boring than tacky. That's how I'd feel anyway.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    she's never going to wear it again except maybe during another pregnancy. i cant get excited over it.

can anyone identify the queen's pin? it looks like something my mom won for selling a lot of tupperware once. now i wish i still had it.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    can anyone identify the queen's pin? it looks like something my mom won for selling a lot of tupperware once. now i wish i still had it.
    HMQ is wearing The Guards Badge which combines the symbols of the regiments involved with Trooping the Colour

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.ca/...rds-badge.html

vCash

Thanks for posting.

I noticed a small identification error in one of the photo captions: It's Prince Edward, Duke of Kent standing next to Queen Elizabeth II during part of the ceremony (not Prince William, Duke of Kent).

ETA:
    The York sisters do not look so great with what they are wearing, though their hats are okay.

The Duchess of Cambridge has a nice personal sense of style that tends toward conservative, but she generally always looks good in what she wears, and she obviously has a lot of poise. The pink color might have been somewhat deeper, I suppose, but it appears that most of the royal ladies wore light, pastel colors. The sartorial spotlight was likely purposely reserved for Queen Elizabeth II in her royal blue.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 06-16-2013 at 11:44 PM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    HMQ is wearing The Guards Badge which combines the symbols of the regiments involved with Trooping the Colour

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.ca/...rds-badge.html
    thanks, that's really nice

From the Bloc
    vCash
    The Queen looks so happy Perhaps that is a good sign that Philip is doing well and she was free to really enjoy herself.

I thought Camilla actually looked the best - she really does a good job (or someone does) of choosing the right colours, cuts and accessories for someone of her age and position. And I love that she and Kate, William and Harry seem to get along so well.

And goodness can those boys pull off the uniformed look!

vCash
    Twitter:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 5h
    Prince Philip walks out of London hospital 10 days after abdominal surgery: http://apne.ws/17fFHVM -CC

vCash
    So remember last month when Kate wore that blue dress and the obsessed fans on the web and even a few media outlets decided she was wearing blue to inform us that it is a boy? My first thought about this pink outfit was that she is just screwing with the crazy people.

vCash
    What good news about Prince Philip.

Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast