Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

vCash
    The "Modern Fringe" Tiara really flatters Madeleine.
    She must know that, since she often wears it.

I thought it was perfect with her dress and veil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive! http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/...nge-tiara.html

For a fringe tiara, I love the shape and while I was hoping Madeleine would wear the Cameo tiara, I'm glad she chose this one.
    Thank you!!! I'm a total royal tiara-history-geek! The tiara is lovely but I prefer the Cameo tiara too. Some people think the Cameo tiara is gaudy, ugly or too much (or so I gather from Royalty forums) but I think it's regal, it has great history, and I was very happy when the Crown Princess wore it to her wedding! Very appropriate I thought for a young lady who will one day be Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    In Europe, or so I've gathered, it's not considered poor form to wear a white dress to someone else's wedding.
    This reminds me-I remember a little girl, who was from my ex-brother-in-law's side of the family, who wore her white communion dress with veil and all to my sister's wedding. It's petty in the scheme of things I guess but my mom and sister were both rather annoyed, and frankly so was I. I mean, it was a wedding in a Baptist church, not a First Holy Communion, and the child wasn't a part of the bridal procession. People kept staring at her which must've made the her feel bad but well, her mom dressed her in her communion dress, veil and all. No other children were dressed that way so she stood out. We learned later that it was a tradition in my former BIL's village back home in Ecuador for little girls to wear their communion dresses at weddings. But he didn't let my sister in on it until too late. There was also a lady who came dressed in black and my mom was livid about that! She said black was for funerals. But then, my mom is old-fashioned and I guess I am too to an extent.

vCash
    In some cultures, white symbolizes mourning.

The tone of CP Victoria's wedding was Regal and stately, reflecting her position as Heiress to the throne.
    Her style of dress; and the Cameo Tiara were part of that,

Princess Madeleine's ceremony was somewhat less formal; more "Bridal", while still honoring the traditions of her family and country
    Her dress, modern tiara; and use of Swedish wedding music and customs created a completely different and unique atmosphere.

vCash
    Twitter:

Salon.com ‏@Salon 4m
    Watch: Naomi Watts plays Princess Di in the first major biopic about her life: http://slnm.us/10zuzBm

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    So is the Diana movie about her or about the Dr. Khan? The description seems to say it is his story, but the trailer only shows her. That's a confusing message.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Twitter:

anglotopia ‏@anglotopia 42m
    Brit Movies: First Preview of New Diana Biopic Released – Trailer Inside http://goo.gl/fb/QXowO
    The film stars Naomi Watts as Diana and will be about the last two years of Princess Diana’s life – her campaign against land mines and her relationship with surgeon Dr Hasnat Khan.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    EACH has released a statement through their website on how they will be receiving a donation through the Christening of the newest member of the Princess Cruises ship tomorrow by Kate and also information on the Family who was chosen to represent all of the Families EACH has helped over the years.

East Anglia Children's Hospice ~ EACH to benefit from naming of Royal Princess

This from Alie Rowbotham's portion of it, whose little boy George was a patient at EACH after the discovery of a Brain Tumour nothing could be done for, shows just how special a place like EACH is...

The hospice was warm and friendly and the staff really wanted to help us out. They managed to find a place for George, and Mick, Isobel George’s sister and I moved in to the hospice with him.

My sister Joanne lived locally which meant I could be close to George and know my family were literally minutes away. We all slept in George’s room because he was so ill, and we never knew if he was going to wake up again. The family accommodation meant our family could visit and stay at the hospice too – something which became so important to us.

It’s the little things EACH do for you, which are just as important as the vital care and support they provide. It was my mum’s birthday when George was at the hospice, so they baked a cake so he could give it to his grandma – the moment was priceless and we will treasure it forever.
    The more I learn about EACH, the more I realize just how special a place it is. No wonder Kate accepted their offer to become their Royal Patron. BTW, remember when Kate made her first visit and she was seen wearing a bracelet of pink and blue beads? That was EACH's fundraising bracelet and I read about a month after the visit an article on what's become known as "The Kate Effect". Normally, EACH never sells all of their bracelets and are lucky to raise something in the low end of an amount that would make up anything in the thousands of pounds level. Not this time. This time, they were sold out of them w/in the end of the day and were in the process of ordering more from the supplier. I don't remember the actual amount raised, but it was pretty big and I also remember the Chair of Fundraising for EACH saying that after that happened, realizing just how much of an impact having Kate as their Royal Patron was going to make.

I also can't believe no one's posted this in here yet...

Daily Mail ~ Harry saved me from gay hate attack: Prince in extraordinary showdown with troops who threatened gunner

This became known after Lance Corporal James Wharton's book/memoirs on it was like for him to serve as an openly Gay Serving Member of the British Armed Forces has just been released. The Daily Mail ran both the article and an excerpt of the incident from the book late last week.

Now, there are a couple of four letter words where the DM only has the first letter shown, so it's not that big a leap to figure out what word was said. I know what the rules regarding that are around here, so if this post ends up being moderated I'll understand, but at the same time I really think this story needs to be more widely known about. Both just simply because of what Harry did is worth being shouted from the rooftops, but also because it shows just what kind of a leader/Officer he is. The way he handled this really showed to me that to Harry, making sure those under his Command are well looked after and treated fairly by the rest of the Regiment/Battalion, is not just lip service to him.

Sure, we've come a long way when it comes to Gays in the Military, but it's also still in the Baby Steps phase too.

Regardless Good on Harry!!

vCash
    Good on Harry INDEED...bravo!

vCash
    ^^^
    This!

vCash
    The Duchess of Cambridge looks wonderful; as she christens Royal Princess:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...champagne.html

Supposedly, her last public engagement before maternity leave begins.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I thought I read somewhere that this is her last solo engagement but she has one more joint appearance this weekend, and that's all before the baby is due - but I'm not certain.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    This weekend is the Trooping the Colour parade (for the Queen's official birthday) in London and the annual Order of the Garter service at Windsor. Kate usually appears at both (there's a full royal family appearance on the balcony of Buckingham Palace after the parade, and William is a Knight of the Garter so he participates in the service and she usually comes to watch).

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    According to aides, Trooping will be Kate's last official engagement as they know of. Order of the Garter might depend on how she's feeling that day, but they have been told not to expect her being there. All this from various tweets and articles posted over at The Royal Forums site.

I also thought Kate looked lovely today christening the newest ship for Princess Cruises.

ETA ~ For Trooping this year, HM will be joined by the Duke of Kent for the journey to Horse Guards Parade and back to BP. I was wondering how the Duke would take part this year, as he's still recovering from a series of mini strokes that took place over the late Winter/early Spring. This way, he can still take part and the Queen also won't be by herself in her Carriage.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 06-14-2013 at 03:56 AM.

vCash
    Ah that's kinda sweet. Still her best friend after all these years. Being a comfort and standing in for Phillip.
    Hate to be the voice of doom and gloom but, I think Phillip is on his last legs. Such a shame.

vCash
    http://www.people.com/people/package...30614-20709147

Queen Elizabeth's Portrait Defaced in Westminster Abbey, Man Arrested
    By ASSOCIATED PRESS
    06/14/2013 at 08:30 AM EDT

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Ah that's kinda sweet. Still her best friend after all these years. Being a comfort and standing in for Phillip.
    Hate to be the voice of doom and gloom but, I think Phillip is on his last legs. Such a shame.
    Well, he's ninety-some years old. He cannot live forever. It does seem so many health crises....

vCash
    If anyone's interested, here's a livestream of today's Trooping of the Colour http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22918545
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    If anyone's interested, here's a livestream of today's Trooping of the Colour http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22918545
    Unfortunately it's geo-blocked in the US.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Unfortunately it's geo-blocked in the US.
    Oh, sorry, I hoped it would be available for everyone

Some photo links, the parade is still ongoing http://uk.news.search.yahoo.com/sear...&section=photo

ETA I think this is non-geoblocked http://www.filmon.com/#BBC-One
    Last edited by skatefan; 06-15-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    Twitter:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 2h
    Queen Elizabeth II celebrates her birthday with pomp and circumstance, but without her husband by her side: http://apne.ws/11nrQEO -CC

Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast