Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

vCash
    Madeleine was a lovely bride.
    Her dress was beautiful; but, not "spectacular", which seems to describe her style.
    The "wow" was the train and veil.

I agree with all the comments about CP Victoria.
    I have never seen her look better, I adore the dress.
    Princess Lilian's tiara and necklace were the perfect finish,

What a wonderful way to honor her,

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i didnt notice at the time but marie chantal came all in white, pretty tacky. but i've always found the miller sisters to be pretty tacky.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    In Europe, or so I've gathered, it's not considered poor form to wear a white dress to someone else's wedding.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    although it may be true in some places. it definitely wasnt true when my cousin got married (in italy) and my aunt changed some guest's seat to the back because she wore white. (i dont think the girl ever knew her seat was changed)
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Since the bridesmaids in both Madeleine and Victoria's wedding were dressed in white, I think it's safe to say that they weren't concerned about (not) being the only ones in white. There appear to have been several guests wearing white, though Marie-Chantal was probably the best known of them (well, other than Princess Estelle, of course ). Actually, wasn't Chris O'Neill's mother wearing white?

vCash
    I believe so.

vCash
    Chris's mother wore a silvery grey outfit. Definitely not white.

vCash
    I haven't been able to find any good photos of her dress,

vCash
    Check The Daily Mail website. They're a crappy "news" organization, but they employ some top-notch photographers. That's about all they're good for anyway.

Madeleine was the definition of a bride wearing the dress and not letting it wear her. She looked so radiant that it wasn't until I got through all the pictures that I realized, "What did her dress look like?" As for that, it was lovely, but it won't be in my top 10 of royal wedding dresses. The major dust ruffle at the bottom killed it for me. But the tiara and other jewelry were fantastic and I loved, loved her hairstyle. The sprig of myrtle in the back of her hair was a lovely touch.

It was sweet how emotional her husband was at the altar, especially as every other photo I've seen of him had him practically scowling at the cameras, so to see him actually happy was a relief. I hope they have a future filled with love and joy.

As for everyone else, Queen Silvia and CP Victoria were absolutely magnificent. LOVED both their dresses and to see Victoria wearing her late aunt's tiara and necklace was beautiful. Little Estelle nearly stole the show a few times.

BTW, what is the controversy with the King walking Madeleine (and Victoria) down the aisle? I know it's not Swedish tradition to do so; other places I've read say the bride and groom traditionally walk down the aisle together rather than the bride with her father (or mother or whoever). But some Swedes were chiming in saying it was insulting and the ceremony was "too American" (which made no sense at all as the tradition of a father walking the bride down the aisle was brought over from Europe!). So to ask our European posters here, do you consider it an outdated tradition or are people making problems where there are none? Personally, I think if that's what the bride and groom want, fine. If she wants to walk with a family member, fine. If she wants to walk alone, great. If she wants to stop midway down the aisle and sing a few showtunes, have at it. I don't have a problem with someone doing something different from me, but don't turn around and insult my choices just because they're not what you would do.

vCash
    Check The Daily Mail website. They're a crappy "news" organization, but they employ some top-notch photographers.
    These pictures are the best I've found:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...al-guests.html

Perhaps, I'll find some of CP Victoria.

vCash
    Suspicious lack of jewelry on Princess Charlene of Monaco, lol!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Perhaps, I'll find some of CP Victoria.
    I found a few pictures that show the front of her dress:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BG1VHSI0lS.../s640/_vic.jpg
    http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2013/...cAxE.St.4.jpeg
    http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2013/...CeW2.St.4.jpeg

Princess Estelle, scene stealer, is adorable, too.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 06-10-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: to add information

vCash
    Twitter:

Breaking News UK ‏@BreakingNewsUK 4m
    Buckingham Palace: The Queen is expected to visit Prince Philip in hospital this evening - @SkyNewsBreak

vCash
    ^^^
    Glad to hear this.

The Duchess of Cambridge will create a "run" after wearing these clothes that most women can afford:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-ASOS-com.html

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Suspicious lack of jewelry on Princess Charlene of Monaco, lol!
    She has a beautiful neck and shoulders so doesn't really need jewelry but would love to see something on her .. she would certainly wear it well!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    I found a few pictures that show the front of her dress:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BG1VHSI0lS.../s640/_vic.jpg
    http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2013/...cAxE.St.4.jpeg
    http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2013/...CeW2.St.4.jpeg

Princess Estelle, scene stealer, is adorable, too.
    Gorgeous!!
    ETA: Princess Estelle is a cutie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLIS View Post
    Chris's mother wore a silvery grey outfit. Definitely not white.
    I haven't been able to find any good photos of her dress,
    Here are two pictures of Mrs. O'Neill. The light makes it difficult to say with certainty, but it looks to me like a white dress with a silver - bolero, I guess? - worn over it.

vCash
    http://www.people.com/people/package...30610-20707600

Queen Visits Prince Philip in the Hospital
    By SIMON PERRY
    UPDATED 06/10/2013 at 02:40 PM EDT • Originally published 06/10/2013 at 02:20 PM EDT

Queen Elizabeth paid a visit to her husband Prince Philip in the hospital Monday evening to wish him happy 92nd birthday.

Dressed in a cream-colored outfit, the Queen, 87, arrived at a private hospital at just before 7 – four full days since he was first admitted.

Earlier in the day, Philip's youngest son, Prince Edward, 49, had been to see him. Asked how his father was, Edward told reporters, "[He's] well, thank you."

Philip, who is said to be "comfortable and in good spirits," underwent an exploratory operation on Friday and spent the weekend being cared for at the London Clinic.

In a statement regarding his progress, Buckingham Palace suggested that the prince is to spend two months convalescing from his hospital stay.

About half an hour before the Queen's arrival, her personal physician Professor John Cunningham was seen entering the London Clinic, and she was kept informed about her husband's progress while staying at Windsor Castle over the weekend.

Also on Monday, various gun salutes sounded around the U.K. in honor of the Philip's birthday. A 41-gun salute took place in Green Park, near Buckingham Palace, while 62 guns went off at the Tower of London.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    For those that are both pictured on the Royals and on a mannequin, I think they look better on the mannequin. Bar that first Princess Diana dropped waist monstrosity, it wouldn't look good on anybody or anything.
    The late Diana, Princess of Wales is not the only one that wore style disasters in the '80's.

Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Well I just got through watching the Coronation - it was.....long but the ceremony itself was incredibly moving. I do wonder though as to any modifications that could be made to the ceremony for the next coronation to make it more relevant to the 21st century.
    Well, if he ascends, apparently Prince Charles wants the phrase 'Defender of the Faith' replaced with 'Defender of Faith'. I get that he wants to include all faiths within the realm but it doesn't have the same ring with the 'the' missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Read on twitter that Prince Philip is back in the hospital for abdominal issues. At his age, any hospital stay is quite serious so wishing him the best.
    I saw that on the news. His convalescence will apparently take about two months. I wish for HRH a speedy recovery. He's up there in years, 92. Health scares seem to be coming rather more frequently. I wish for the Duke and HM The Queen many more years of health and happiness.

On a happier note, I got to watch a bit of Princess Madeleine's wedding. I wonder which tiara she decided to wear? I saw it of course but I'd love to know who wore it before, it's history, etc, like Crown Princess Victoria's wedding Cameo tiara which belonged to Empress Josephine, a gift to her from the Emperor Napoleon! http://crownprincessvictoria.blogspo...meo-tiara.html
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 06-11-2013 at 03:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    On a happier note, I got to watch a bit of Princess Madeleine's wedding. I wonder which tiara she decided to wear? I saw it of course but I'd love to know who wore it before, it's history, etc, like Crown Princess Victoria's wedding Cameo tiara which belonged to Empress Josephine, a gift to her from the Emperor Napoleon! http://crownprincessvictoria.blogspo...meo-tiara.html
    Ask and ye shall receive! http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/...nge-tiara.html

For a fringe tiara, I love the shape and while I was hoping Madeleine would wear the Cameo tiara, I'm glad she chose this one.

Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast