Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Happy second anniversary, William and Kate!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    She's been trained to do that.
    I believe that it creates a consistent look for photographs.
    I do that without training, because I have low blood pressure. Blood pools in my hands and bulges out my veins uncomfortably if I put my hands all the way down. I've been crossing my arms, leaving them at waist level, carrying books across my chest, putting them awkwardly on my hips, etc all my life because of this.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Happy second anniversary, William and Kate!

vCash
    Tons of pictures of the dinner before the abdication.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Cute gallery analyzing William and Kate's body language. But you don't have to be a body language expert to see they are good together:

http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/kate-m...192586651.html
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Cute gallery analyzing William and Kate's body language. But you don't have to be a body language expert to see they are good together:

http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/kate-m...192586651.html
    People read way too much into things...

"However, she may be a bit nervous as evidenced by her adjusting her sleeve; doing so can signify social anxiety," says Navarro.
    Seems like it could also be evidence that her sleeve had gotten a bit bunched up.

vCash
    Today is the Dutch abdication/inauguration and we're discussing William and Kate? He's not even the heir to the throne yet!

Willem-Alexander became the first King of the Netherlands in 123 years, and I believe the youngest monarch in Europe, Queen Maxima is totally and amazing, and the three princesses are adorable; Catarina-Amalia is now Princess of Orange, the heir to the throne. Princess Beatrix looks happy and I hope she'll now enjoy her time as a princess rather than Queen.

Also, lots of royal outfits to critique, both from last night (see above) and from today's events - check out Princess Lalla Salma

More pictures here.

vCash
    What's with all the blue worn by the females in the family?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    People read way too much into things...

Seems like it could also be evidence that her sleeve had gotten a bit bunched up.
    That's what I thought too. I thought this looks like she is adjusting her sleeve. People do that.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    They were more colorful during the abdication; I think they wanted to match during the inauguration, and blue looks good on everyone, right? Or maybe there was some other reason I'm not aware of...

Apparently Catharina-Amalia is the first Princess of Orange who is heir apparent - I didn't know that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    That's what I thought too. I thought this looks like she is adjusting her sleeve. People do that.
    No they don't!!!!!! Don't you know that every little move, every little glance and smile has MEANING!!!

I am shocked that you think the Duchess of Cambridge would do anything as pedestrian as adjust her sleeve.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    They were more colorful during the abdication; I think they wanted to match during the inauguration, and blue looks good on everyone, right? Or maybe there was some other reason I'm not aware of...
    It's probably because of the blue on the Orange-Nassau Sash of Office that Willem-Alexander wore.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    It's the blue in the flag of the Netherlands.

vCash
    Love the tiara in that vid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I was wondering if there was a connection to the coronation. Royal blue being a tradition or something. The name of the color must come from somewhere after all and I noticed that the tiara Maxima wore had sapphires (I assume) in it, too. So, lots of that blue tone going on with the females.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    It's the blue in the flag of the Netherlands.
    Really? Okay, thanks.

vCash
    Didn't get to see the ceremony as it was 4am where I live when everything started but in looking at all the pictures everyone brought their A game, sartorially. Queen Maxima looked absolutely stunning in her royal blue gown and that tiara was TO. DIE. FOR. I loved it. The three little princesses were also adorable with their nearly identical blue dresses as well. I wonder how imposing it was for nine-year-old Catharina-Amalia to be leading the group of Dutch royals as she's now the crown princess? Princess Beatrix (that's going to be hard to say for a while) also looked beautiful and a little melancholy, although proud of her son and daughter-in-law.

All the other foreign royals looked wonderful and I was very glad to see Prince Charles and Camilla there. I noticed that as the longest serving Crown Prince, he got to walk directly behind the new King and Queen as they proceeded out of the church.

Mostly, I was so thrilled to see Princess Masako of Japan attending. After reading up on the Japanese royals, I have absolutely no love for them (although I don't blame Prince Naruhito, and to some extent the Emperor and Empress) or the Japanese media, and what they've done to Masako since she married into the family is worse than criminal. She's practically a prisoner in her own home. No wonder she's had repeated nervous breakdowns. If it wasn't for her daughter still in Japan, I half wish she could ask for some kind of amnesty while in the Netherlands and just never go back.

vCash
    Well, they want to be monarchs in touch with the people. This seems to be the way to do it.

"New Dutch King and Queen Attend Giant Dutch Rave"
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...st+Articles%29

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I am still catching up w/everything I missed yesterday being my day coming home, but I'll use centerstage's post as a jumping off point...

Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Didn't get to see the ceremony as it was 4am where I live when everything started but in looking at all the pictures everyone brought their A game, sartorially. Queen Maxima looked absolutely stunning in her royal blue gown and that tiara was TO. DIE. FOR. I loved it. The three little princesses were also adorable with their nearly identical blue dresses as well. I wonder how imposing it was for nine-year-old Catharina-Amalia to be leading the group of Dutch royals as she's now the crown princess? Princess Beatrix (that's going to be hard to say for a while) also looked beautiful and a little melancholy, although proud of her son and daughter-in-law.
    We were all wondering which of "For Queens Only" tiaras Maxima would choose and WOW!! She simply looked stunning the entire day!! That blue gown and mantle however was the Piece de Resistance. The girls looked adorable and I wish I'd had that kind of poise at that age.

As for Beatrix...I think it was a combination of the entire day *and* not having Prince Claus there beside her to watch their son take things over. Can't blame her for being a bit emotional.

All the other foreign royals looked wonderful and I was very glad to see Prince Charles and Camilla there. I noticed that as the longest serving Crown Prince, he got to walk directly behind the new King and Queen as they proceeded out of the church.
    Since all I've seen are pictures, nice touch.

Mostly, I was so thrilled to see Princess Masako of Japan attending. After reading up on the Japanese royals, I have absolutely no love for them (although I don't blame Prince Naruhito, and to some extent the Emperor and Empress) or the Japanese media, and what they've done to Masako since she married into the family is worse than criminal. She's practically a prisoner in her own home. No wonder she's had repeated nervous breakdowns. If it wasn't for her daughter still in Japan, I half wish she could ask for some kind of amnesty while in the Netherlands and just never go back.
    And didn't Masako look thrilled to be there too? It is a crime what the Japanese Royal Machinery have done to this lady. Like you, I don't blame the Crown Prince, nor the Emperor or Empress, but what I've read of the Japanese Royal Household Agency....They make some of the more rigid dictatorships out there look like teddy bears.

It's going to take some getting used, but....A happy and sucessful Reign to Their Majesties King Wiliem-Alexander and Queen Maxima!!!

Oh and I got some of my photos from Saturday developed yesterday while killing time for my train and...I came *very* close to squealing in the store. My pictures of the actual Regimental Colours are so clear and in focus, you can actually read the Battle Honours on it.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I still had my Chapters gift card from my Sister at Christmas and had great fun using it the other day. I picked up two Royal books and they are two I've really wanted to get my hands on too. One's the book HM's cousin wrote about her days growing up w/the then Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret of York, as well as her days as a Lady in Waiting to her Aunt, the Queen Mum. It's called The Final Curtsey and I've only done a quick look through it, but what I did read was really interesting.

However, the other one is the one I started looking at and then couldn't put it down. It's Counting One's Blessings : The Selected Letters of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother. I didn't even have to read the actual book to get hooked. You see, the pages on the inside covers, both front and back, are made up of the pages of the letter the then Queen Elizabeth sent to Queen Mary to tell her about what had happened the day the Luftwaffe (sp? I have a feeling I might have put in one too many f's there) bombed Buckingham Palace and what she and the King had gone through.

That was enough for me to snatch it up and after choosing a couple more books that have nothing to do w/Royalty, headed for the cash w/them. I can't say it enough...In fact, I won't. I'll screech it...

GO GET THIS BOOK!!!

You won't regret it.

vCash
    It is not really news that William and Kate have hired a housekeeper, but it is interesting that the writer of the article is
    Williams's aunt.

http://www.mydaily.co.uk/2013/05/07/...n_3230383.html
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast