Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    At least he coulda dug up a turnip...
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    William and Kate were certainly out and about this weekend...

First they took in the final day of racing at the Cheltenham Races to cheer on Mike Tindall's horse, but it didn't do as well as hoped for.

Daily Mail ~ Ear, who's the tweaker? How William's friend grabbed his attention at the races... much to Kate's amusement

Then today was the giving of the Shamrocks to the Irish Guards...

YouTube ~ Sky News ~ William and Kate Celebrate St. Patrick's Day

and...

YouTube ~ Sky News ~ Prince gives Kate a hand as heel gets stuck in drain | Wills and Grate

Also William was made an Aide de Camp to his Granny this weekend as well...

Telegraph ~ Duke of Cambridge becomes Aide-de-Camp to the Queen

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Also William was made an Aide de Camp to his Granny this weekend as well...

Telegraph ~ Duke of Cambridge becomes Aide-de-Camp to the Queen
    Although the position carries few duties, I was pleased to read this. Charles holds the same position with the Queen, and this symbolically gives William a more direct relationship, and shows that she feels he is ready to represent her in a more official capacity.

vCash
    Kate joined the Queen and the DoE to help out during an engagement to celebrate the 150 years of The Tube in London....

Daily Mail ~ Baby on board: Pregnant Kate creases up with laughter after being handed badge on Tube as she joins Queen and Prince Philip for 150th anniversary celebrations

While HM does still look a bit pale and drawn, she also doesn't look as bad as I was thinking after what she's been through. I don't care how old you are, that thing can literally knock the stuffing out of you for a long time after it's gone. So happy to see HM back out and about.

Love Kate's coat, the colour, the hat...All great and really flattering too.

My only complaint? They're at the Baker Street Station and no Sherlock? C'mon!!!

edited to add...Didn't realize no one mentioned anything about Will and Kate's Engagement yesterday...

Telegraph ~ William and Kate hug and kiss bereaved parents during charity visit

and...

Ezpress ~ Kate and Prince William are the Duke and Duchess of Cuddles

Not sure if the message on the card w/the bear can be seen, but in another picture I saw yesterday, it was addressed to "William, Kate and "The Bump""

This though....

The royal couple gave a kiss and cuddle to each in a group of eight parents after hearing them talk about their children's death in a 15 minute private meeting during their visit to the offices of the charity Child Bereavement UK in Saunderton, Buckinghamshire.

William, 30, and Kate, 31, also spent time with a group of teenagers and a separate group of children aged 5 to 11 who have all lost loved ones.

"You realise I've been in similar circumstances," William, who underwent bereavement counselling along with his brother Prince Harry after Princess Diana's death in 1997, told the parents in a group counselling session: "I think you are very brave coming into a situation like this and talking about yourselves.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 03-21-2013 at 12:39 AM.

vCash
    Easter Weekend last week and nothing mentioned in here? Shocked am I!!

Just about as much as when I saw the pictures of Sophie. WOWZA!!

Daily Mail ~ Sophie turns heads with her skin-tight skirt as she attends Easter service at Windsor... That £860 Easter bonnet helped, too!

My personal thoughts? Love it and she has never looked better IMO. She really has come into her own these last couple of years, hasn't she?

In other Sophie news, Girlguding UK, of which she is the Royal Patron of, is on the brink of making a huge change and HRH is not happy about it. I can also understand perfectly why she is too.

Express ~ Sophie is upset by Oath vote

"She is absolutely furious," confided a close friend.

"It has put her in a very embarrassing position. She is effectively representing the sovereign for an organisation that wants to turn its back on the monarchy. You cannot blame her for thinking 'why bother?'."
    And I can perfectly understand that, as I hate the changes made here in Canada to the over all program. I mean....You used to have to actually learn more than just the Promise, Law and Motto to join any branch of Guiding in the past, but now? That's it, that's all. The girls aren't even required to actually learn/understand what it means and why we have them. I also remember having to work on a badge and then being able to either show what I learned, talk about it and/or bring in proof in the form of whomever helped me writing a note I truly did learn whatever before I was enrolled as a Brownie. In my case, it was the Manual Alphabet used to finger spell to the Deaf for the Friends to the Disabled badge. Same for Guides, you had to earn your enrollment in some manner.

None of that happens now. It's been so dumbed down from what Lord Baden Powell intended it to be, it's beyond sad.

Sorry for that, but Guiding and Scouting is a big part of my Family and it's so sad to see what's become or is becoming.

On that note, moving on...

Also...W/the invitations having been sent and replies coming in, this much is now known about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill's upcoming wedding...

It's White Tie folks!!! That means for the Ladies attending, if they're Royal? Ballgowns, Tiaras, other Heirloom jewelry and respective Orders all being worn!!

I'm looking forward to this Wedding even more now.

In even happier news...Princess Caroline of Monaco became a Grandma for the first time last week...

Hello ~ Monaco's Princess Caroline visits new grandchild as baby's name is revealed

The little guy's name is Sacha and everyone is doing well.

Also, we're now into the countdown to the end of the month, the end of Queen Beatrix's reign in the Netherlands and the start of King Wiliem-Alexander's. The Programme of how events will take place on the day has been released.

Hello ~ Official programme announced for the day that will see Willem-Alexander crowned King

And that's it for now.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Kate joined the Queen and the DoE to help out during an engagement to celebrate the 150 years of The Tube in London....

Daily Mail ~ Baby on board: Pregnant Kate creases up with laughter after being handed badge on Tube as she joins Queen and Prince Philip for 150th anniversary celebrations

While HM does still look a bit pale and drawn, she also doesn't look as bad as I was thinking after what she's been through. I don't care how old you are, that thing can literally knock the stuffing out of you for a long time after it's gone. So happy to see HM back out and about.

Love Kate's coat, the colour, the hat...All great and really flattering too.
    Wow, Kate looks sensational. And finally a bump! The Queen looks good too, I thought. Love the flowers she was holding.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Wow, Kate looks sensational. And finally a bump! The Queen looks good too, I thought. Love the flowers she was holding.
    Wait till you see the pictures from today and the events she and William attended in Scotland. W/all that's been going on w/my Mom, I've gotten *very* behind w/following the Royals and didn't realize William and Kate were in Scotland for two days starting today.

I've also had a very long and tiring day and was just doing my final "round" of things online when I saw you'd replied. I'll be back tomorrow w/the links though.

vCash
    'The Queen wins honorary Bafta for being the most 'memorable Bond girl yet' (and also for her services to film and TV)
    Hollywood star Sir Kenneth Branagh presented the award during a glittering Windsor Castle reception attended by stars of stage, screen and television celebrating their industry.'

Seems like a fun evening was had by all If you read/scroll down the article there's also a video link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490

I loved this part of Sir Kenneth Branagh's speech:

To laughter from his audience he told the Queen said: '...Your sensational appearance at the opening ceremony of last year's Olympics was especially memorable.

'So much so that several of my colleagues here tonight want you to know that should you wish to take it further into the world of British films that they have a number of scripts with them here this evening. I have to warn you, Your Majesty, not all of these films are fully financed.'
    Last edited by skatefan; 04-05-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    Sorry for not getting to this yesterday, but it was slightly busy...

Mom had her follow up w/the Ortho Surgeon about her broken ankle and she's got at least six weeks to go before being able to put weight on it, and she's got through two of them, but it's still going to be a looooong few weeks around here. Especially when she won't listen to the one person in this house who has gone through more than her fair share of Orthopedic procedures where she couldn't do anything weight bearing on the foot/leg, so....Yeah, a very long few weeks around here.

She also got a new Purple cast, which looks a whole lot better than the neon Green she had to begin w/.

Anyway...Before we catch up w/the Cambridges, I found this great article on Sophie just before calling it a night...

Daily Mail ~ How the Queen helped Sophie put her wobbles behind her with stunning results, as the confident Countess turned heads on Easter Sunday in an electric blue outfit

And now let's see what the Cambridges, or in this case the Strathearns, were up to in Scotland the last couple of days...

The Mirror ~ Live: Kate Middleton and Prince William visit homeless shelter and launch sports project in Scotland

Daily Mail ~ Bonnie in Scotland! Duchess of Cambridge gets into the spirit in tartan coat which hides THAT baby bump (but not her legs)

Daily Mail ~ 'Oh no, does my hair REALLY look like that?' Kate horrified by plastic 'lookalike' doll on day two of her tartan tour

IMO...When the only thing I've seen of criticism towards Kate's clothes this mini tour is that her outfits are too short, then I think she's doing something right.

That's just me however.

vCash
    If she wore longer skirts, I'm sure the articles/commentators would say that she looked "matronly"!
    The Duchess looks wonderful, stylish; and should wear whatever she feels is appropriate/comfortable.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    As far is clothes go, Kate is doing everything right. I don't recall thinking that her skirt was too short, ever.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I absolutely ADORE that color on Sophie and that outfit, even if it is a bit tight for an Easter Service at Windsor Castle. That shade of blue is just stunning, it's so striking and catches the eye.

As for Kate and her fashion choices, everything that I have seen her in looks fabulous on her. I have no idea who she has as a fashion consultant, but whoever it is deserve kudos, if it's all Kate making the decisions, bravo young lady! Every time I see her in photos or on television, it's hard not to fall in love with her, she just has that common (no pun intended) touch and can easily relate to people, and that's why people love her. Quite frankly, I think she is the Royal Family's ace in the hole for bringing their subjects closer to them. She has got it going on in spades, and I can't wait to see how she does as a mother.
    Kyle

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    you cant see the front of sophie's easter hat in the article but that hat totally killed me. i need to steal it and move to a more hat centric place.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I love her hat; the visible zipper on the skirt, not so much!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    I absolutely love that neckline .. beautiful!

vCash
    I cannot believe the Daily Fail...uh...Mail has an "article" trying to compare Kate to Kim Kardashian. Or that they refer to Kim as "American Royalty". Gag. She wouldn't know how to be classy if it jumped up and slapped her.

Kate, on the other hand, was born with class and would have it even if she hadn't married a Prince.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    no

vCash
    There's no comparison between that pathetic celebrity-obsessed "tart" and the Duchess, whatsoever!

vCash
    Wow calling Kim American Royalty is downright insulting to Americans.

She has nothing on Kate.

Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast