Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yes, it was easy to tell I was having a son. The tech was absolutely sure. On my part, I tried to make sure the kid was awake for the sonogram--drank some tea with honey in the morning so he was doing somersaults by the time I got there. It's a problem when they are asleep with their legs crossed.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

From the Bloc
    vCash
    There's a video of Kate's exchange - you can't really hear when she apparently says "I'll take this for my d.." but her reaction is clear. If she was about to say daughter, then I've gotta say she's awfully smooth I'm thinking she did mean her dog, but stopped short as she didn't want to offend. If she was referencing a child, I would have thought it's more common to say "my baby" or "the baby" than daughter, even if they do know the sex.

Overthinking, I know, but I'm a tad excited about this

vCash
    Be a girl, Be a girl, Be a girl, be a girl (I would like this baby to be a girl.) More importantly I want this baby to be healthy and happy.

vCash
    Cachoo, I second your thoughts, on all counts.

vCash
    After all the changes regarding succession and titles to finally allow equality for daughters in the royal line, it seems like it might be a bit of a letdown if it is a boy.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    On another note....There's a very special Anniversary being marked both today and tomorrow in the UK...

The Express ~ The First Queen of Hearts

It's been 100 years since HRH Princess Alexandra of Denmark set foot on British soil to marry HRH Prince Albert Edward and become the Princess of Wales. When you think of all she brought to the Windsors at the time, her legacy truly is amazing. Even more so after becoming deaf due to Rhuematic Fever.

She really was quite a lady and worthy of being remembered.

vCash
    We weren't sure with my son because he kept hiding. We thought a boy but we weren't sure til he popped out!

I figure the baby will be a girl. Everyone I know is having girls, so Kate will too!

vCash
    About this fascination with is it a boy or girl, I can understand it a tad in this case due to lineage, maybe Queen wants them to be modest and mum about it, possible protests, etc. but for the rest of us people including these celebs that for some reason the press wants to keep referencing and catching pictures of the "Baby Bump" like it's a new thing, WHO cares? Why is it a secret if you know which and people find out from you or someone you told?

vCash
    It's been a tradition in Royal circles to keep these "private" matters quiet, until the birth; and as long as HMQ is alive, that will probably continue.
    In earlier times, it was more likely that complications might ensue, which would be kept from the public.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    About this fascination with is it a boy or girl, I can understand it a tad in this case due to lineage, maybe Queen wants them to be modest and mum about it, possible protests, etc. but for the rest of us people including these celebs that for some reason the press wants to keep referencing and catching pictures of the "Baby Bump" like it's a new thing, WHO cares? Why is it a secret if you know which and people find out from you or someone you told?
    I can honestly see why they would want to keep it private regardless of the Queen's views on the matter. When you live such a public life keeping such things between yourselves or among your family probably feels much more important than it does to the rest of us.

Also...what exactly would people "protest" about the baby's gender? What would anyone expect the outcome of that to be anyway? I really don't see that protests would be a concern. Anyone who launched a protest (what would the sign say "no baby boys! stop the birth!"?) would just become a laughingstock in the worldwide media.

vCash
    Just an FYI but if anyone wants to watch the documentary about Richard III it's on tonight March 9 at 10pm eastern (7pm pacific).

I just came back from two weeks away and thought I might have missed it!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/passionateeye/epis...-car-park.html

vCash
    For those of us in the U.S. the Richard III documentary is also on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uUyc...v_GRaV&index=1
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    There's a video of Kate's exchange - you can't really hear when she apparently says "I'll take this for my d.." but her reaction is clear. If she was about to say daughter, then I've gotta say she's awfully smooth I'm thinking she did mean her dog, but stopped short as she didn't want to offend. If she was referencing a child, I would have thought it's more common to say "my baby" or "the baby" than daughter, even if they do know the sex.

Overthinking, I know, but I'm a tad excited about this
    I agree with someone else who said they should fool around with this just to mess everyone up.
    "for my d. . . uke of [whatever]"
    "for my d. . . uchess of [whatever]"
    "for my d. . . iapered wunderkind"
    "for my d. . . ear darling baby"
    "for my d. . . eftly conceived child"
    "for my d. . . ad to see as he just loves [fill in the blank related to the gift]}
    "for my d. . . ue date"
    "for my d. . . achsund-themed nursery"
    and on and on.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    After all the changes regarding succession and titles to finally allow equality for daughters in the royal line, it seems like it might be a bit of a letdown if it is a boy.
    ROFL, I was thinking the same thing, if they jumped through all those hoops to change the rules to just birth order, and then the first one is a boy anyway, that will be comical in a way a royal birth probably shouldn't be. (Kid'll have to marry a Catholic to make all the fuss worthwhile at that point.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    Just an FYI but if anyone wants to watch the documentary about Richard III it's on tonight March 9 at 10pm eastern (7pm pacific).

I just came back from two weeks away and thought I might have missed it!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/passionateeye/epis...-car-park.html
    GRRRRRRR!!!! I *knew* I should have popped in here for one last check of things before I got into the Brier coverage last night!!!! Saw it last week, I stumbled on to by scanning the on air guide too late to pop in the DVD of Royal Docs I'm currently working on putting together, and it is truly excellent. I'm still amazed by, not only the incredable work this particular Facial Reconstruction Artist did w/Richard, but by the work all of them out there do.

I once heard one being interviewed say once the best part of her job, was bringing peace to the Families of missing people by confirming through her skills, it really was their Family Member found. I still am blown away by just how close it is between the Reconstruction and that Portrait of Richard III. Truly incredible work.

Some sad news from Sweden today...

Artemisia's Royal Den ~ Death of Princess Lilian Duchess of Halland

This is my friend's blog and she has also included in her post the back story of Princess Lilian and Prince Bertil's love story and the obstacles they had to over come to marry. Anything else I've found so far tonight, are Google Translations of stories in the various Swedish Media sources and we all know how horrid those are, so decided to link to her blog to make it easier on everyone here.

I know that she and Crown Princess Victoria were very, very close. According to a Member of the Royal Household in an article from just after Estelle's birth, when Victoria and Daniel took Estelle to introduce her to her Great Auntie, it just about broke Victoria's heart that Lilian didn't know who she was. I've also read in various sources the last two years Victoria and Daniel both felt Lilian's absence at the Wedding as the only blemish on a perfect day.

Alzheimer's is a cruel, cruel thing that needs to be wiped off the face of the Earth.

Sincere condolences to the Swedish Royal Family. Even though they knew this day has been coming for a few months now, it's never an easy thing to say Good bye to someone you loved.

In other and very Historic News...

Daily Mail ~ Queen fights for gay rights: Monarch makes historic pledge on discrimination and hints that if Kate DOES have a girl, that means equal rights to the throne too

I know, it's got it's own thread here, but thought I'd add in here too.

And....I'm not sure if this was posted last week, but as this also has the part where Kate paid an surprise visit to a Hospice during her visit to Grimsby in it....

Daily Mail ~ 'I'll take a teddy for my d...' said Kate. Is that D for daughter, they asked: Duchess nearly slips as she tours Grimsby

There's also an adorable picture of Kate w/about three little ones around her giving her flowers, and the one little girl, she's dressed up in her Belle from Beauty and the Beast costume. Just too adorable.

vCash
    I've spent my day happily going through Time Team broadcasts up over at YouTube and I discovered this...

Time Team Special 29(2006) ~ The Big Royal Dig

They got Her Majesty's Permission to do an Archeological Dig at not one, not two, but *three* of her Residences. Windsor Castle, Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh and Buckingham Palace.

So far my favourite part? When Tony Robinson and the head "digger" are at a Garden Party to meet HM, Phillip, Charles and Camilla before the dig, there they are in their very proper Morning Suits and there's Mick w/his grubby Indy Jones hat on top of it all.

To say it's beyond facinsating is an understatement!! Enjoy!!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Saw that show a couple of years ago. Too bad Tony didn't slip into the Baldrick character.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Update on the Queen's health from the Palace - she's getting better, but not fully recovered yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Saw that show a couple of years ago. Too bad Tony didn't slip into the Baldrick character.
    I guess he couldn't come up with a cunning plan quickly enough.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    I guess he couldn't come up with a cunning plan quickly enough.
    Baldrick wouldn't know a cunning plan if it stripped itself naked, painted itself blue, and ran up the street shouting 'cunning plans are here again.'

(Yes, I know the original line was 'subtle.' )

Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast