Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Tongue-in-cheek yet accurate little video via Twitter:
    Except that male primogeniture will not apply to William's children and all generations to follow. So that very long section is kind of pointless which they only sort of acknowledge at the end. And, of course, they were hinting at twins which was the momentary obsession when the Duchess was initially suffering from HG.

vCash
    Something adorable while we wait:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...style&ir=Style

vCash
    Twitter:

anglophenia ‏@anglophenia 6m
    The Queen 'would like very much' for #RoyalBaby to arrive before she goes on holiday: http://bit.ly/12VxI8K

EDIT:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/16/world/...rticle_sidebar

Royal babies: Five things you didn't know
    By Bryony Jones, CNN
    updated 2:05 PM EDT, Tue July 16, 2013

London (CNN) -- Amid all the excitement and wall-to-wall media coverage about the eagerly-awaited new addition to the royal family, you may think you know all you could ever want to about royal babies. But did you know...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Estelle is precious. I love that all the pics are of her "most serious baby/toddler in the world" expressions, and then she's so happy in the last one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Estelle is precious. I love that all the pics are of her "most serious baby/toddler in the world" expressions, and then she's so happy in the last one.
    She's a cutie...looks like her dad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Except that male primogeniture will not apply to William's children and all generations to follow. So that very long section is kind of pointless which they only sort of acknowledge at the end. And, of course, they were hinting at twins which was the momentary obsession when the Duchess was initially suffering from HG.

Well shoot, you beat me to it. I was just going to start a rumor that she was having twins just to mess with the public's heads.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    So, has Kate popped the darn baby out yet? There are vBets riding on this, you know.

vCash
    10 Quotes from Queen Victoria on the Miseries of Royal Motherhood

Queen Victoria (1819-1901) might be considered the queen of working mothers. She had nine children and ruled the largest empire on earth. But Victoria—Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, and Empress of India—detested babies, childbirth, and all that muck.

She wrote volumes of letters, both official and personal. Occasionally her true feeling leaked through her official letters, but in her private ones, notably those written to her firstborn daughter Victoria The Princess Royal (Vicky), they positively soaked the page. Below are some choice words Her Majesty had for the business of babies.
    Read the full text here: http://mentalfloss.com/article/51762...#ixzz2ZQFHHml6
    --brought to you by mental_floss!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    So, has Kate popped the darn baby out yet? There are vBets riding on this, you know.
    I was convinced it would be today - 18th - but as nothing is being reported on her movements I guess I'm wrong . OK next guess will be for Sunday 21st - but if I were Kate I would be screaming for them to induce me what with the heat we are having at the moment (I know it might not be hot compared to some of you but it is for us here in the UK )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    if I were Kate I would be screaming for them to induce me what with the heat we are having at the moment
    Nah, there are easier ways of dealing with the situation. Invite people over for a dinner party, get tickets to the ballet, etc.

vCash
    All this waiting around for baby and skating music/programmes news zzzzzzzzz

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Nah, there are easier ways of dealing with the situation. Invite people over for a dinner party, get tickets to the ballet, etc.
    I know someone whose middle name is O (just the letter) because his mother missed a performance of Othello by Placido Domingo when he was born.

vCash
    Twitter:

Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews 18m
    Extra police arrive at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, amid speculation Kate and William on their way - @thetimes' @DavidhBrown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Twitter:
    There was a big scene there and it was a "stunt double" sent by The Sun, apparently. It does appear that they have left her parents' home and returned to Kensington, though.

The "watchers", media and others, need to calm down. It is still "mid-July" which was the only "due date" that was officially stated. There is wringing of hands over her being "over due" all over the place now. So silly!

Also, saw yet another tabloid with delivery details yesterday. Camilla apparently collapsed in a drunken stupor during Kate's labor, according to this one.

vCash
    Honestly, if I was Kate I would have paid (donated?) a lot of money to the hospital to set up for me, publicize that I'd be there, let photographers camp out there; and then I would go to another hospital.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    It surprises me that the royal use regular hospitals - you'd think that they could get most treatments at home, no? Better security and privacy? Many people give birth at home after all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Honestly, if I was Kate I would have paid (donated?) a lot of money to the hospital to set up for me, publicize that I'd be there, let photographers camp out there; and then I would go to another hospital.
    I think they were in a bad position. Not telling any details about where she would give birth would have made the press get even more invasive as they tried to figure it out by themselves. Explaining exactly how it will go, on the other hand, led to this circus at the hospital. They couldn't win either way.

I've seen suggestions that they lied and she will be somewhere else. I have hard time believing that as it would be a PR disaster for the Palace to have intentionally lied to the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    It surprises me that the royal use regular hospitals - you'd think that they could get most treatments at home, no? Better security and privacy? Many people give birth at home after all.
    Not that many, certainly not in the UK, and I can't imagine they'd risk it with this being a first child.

IIRC, home births are far more common in the Netherlands, but the Dutch princesses were nonetheless born in hospital, not at home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I'm with you! What a mess they are in.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I agree PDilemma - they won't lie to the world, especially for such an important occasion, not their style. Part of the thinking is also likely a feeling of obligation to their subjects, by keeping them informed about something of such great interest and importance. Plus, this is exactly how it was for William - same hospital, same method of informing the public (with the addition of Palace's internet channels of course ).

Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast