Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    (not new info...but is a new article)

http://www.people.com/people/package...30708-20715202

Royal Baby to Be U.K.'s Prince or Princess of Cambridge
    By SIMON PERRY
    07/08/2013 at 02:00 PM EDT

Prince William and Kate's much-anticipated child will have his or her own special title, to be bestowed upon the new arrival come naming time.

Baby Cambridge will be a prince or princess, Queen Elizabeth has decreed – making it HRH Prince or Princess "Name" of Cambridge.

The child will take his or her title from the household that was created when William, 31, was made a Duke at his 2011 wedding.

The style of the child's title mirrors that of an illustrious relative, his or her great-grandmother Queen Elizabeth. "It follows the same form as the Queen had when she was a child. She was HRH Princess Elizabeth of York, of course," a source tells PEOPLE.

This is also the same style that William's cousins Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie of York use.

It was earlier this year that the Queen declared that the new royal baby would be titled HRH Prince or Princess.

A formal announcement in the London Gazette in January read, "The Queen has been pleased by Letters Patent under the Great Seal of the Realm dated 31 December 2012 to declare that all the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales should have and enjoy the style, title and attribute of Royal Highness with the titular dignity of Prince or Princess prefixed to their Christian names or with such other titles of honour."

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I was wondering when it looked like Zara had a bit of a tummy in certain pictures of her at the Corronation Service last month. Lovely news and Congratulations to Zara and Mike!!

vCash
    Twitter:

BuzzFeed UK ‏@BuzzFeedUK 19m
    23 weird facts the royal baby should know about its family http://bzfd.it/184DDga
    EDIT:

Ellie Hall ‏@ellievhall 5h
    The Definitive Guide To The British Royal Succession http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/t...yal-succession … via @ellievhall
    Last edited by dardar1126; 07-09-2013 at 10:07 PM.

vCash
    E online is reporting that William's helicopter is no longer at their farmhouse in Wales. Also, Kate was to sneak into the hospital the other day for a checkup. Stealthy,

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Is it really bad that, despite knowing the royal birth is going to bump just about ANY news short of a direct alien invasion a la "Independence Day", and yet I still come here to check for news first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Is it really bad that, despite knowing the royal birth is going to bump just about ANY news short of a direct alien invasion a la "Independence Day", and yet I still come here to check for news first?
    I'm the same; each time I check Off the beaten track I look for this threat and when it's bumped up, I hope for news on the baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    I'm the same; each time I check Off the beaten track I look for this threat and when it's bumped up, I hope for news on the baby
    The "threat" of a royal baby keeps ever increasing as July marches on -- it soon will reach the RED ALERT level!

BTW: I check for the latest news of all sorts of stuff here -- why bother with CNN when there's FSU?
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Kate was to sneak into the hospital the other day for a checkup. Stealthy,
    The reports I've seen said that it was to check that all was in readiness for the baby; instead of a medical appointment for her.

vCash
    Is it wrong to hope that she goes into labor and drowns out the Zimmerman verdict??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Is it wrong to hope that she goes into labor and drowns out the Zimmerman verdict??
    Not at all, it is a perfect rational hope!

vCash
    I'll join you in that hope.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    If so, I don't want to be right.

vCash
    There is also this on shelves now...all about the delivery that hasn't happened yet:

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/ga...al-baby-cover/

Shouldn't this convince the remaining doubters that tabloids just make stuff up?

vCash
    No. I just posted in the Zimmerman thread that the press will have a field day if both happen on the same day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn226 View Post
    No. I just posted in the Zimmerman thread that the press will have a field day if both happen on the same day.
    I hope the car leaves the hospital on the way to the easel at Buckingham Palace 30 seconds after the jury comes in. Anything to detract from the media-trial-of-the-month spectacle.

vCash
    If it's that bad, just change the channel

vCash
    It really doesn't matter what channel you have on. Yesterday at my parents' house, my husband and father were watching an Adam 12 rerun on "MeTV" when the local ABC affiliate that owns it ran a breaking news scroll that the Zimmerman case was going to closing arguments.

vCash
    It really doesn't matter what channel you have on. Yesterday at my parents' house, my husband and father were watching an Adam 12 rerun on "MeTV" when the local ABC affiliate that owns it ran a breaking news scroll that the Zimmerman case was going to closing arguments.
    You could try ESPN, then all you'd get is NBA off-season stuff, steroids in baseball, and why Yasiel Puig is going to be the bestest ever. Not much more appealing, I imagine? Perhaps Sharknado might do the trick instead?

I'm not US-based, of course, and don't watch TV anyway, but I've mostly managed to avoid the whole thing online.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    You could try ESPN, then all you'd get is NBA off-season stuff, steroids in baseball, and why Yasiel Puig is going to be the bestest ever. Not much more appealing, I imagine? Perhaps Sharknado might do the trick instead?

I'm not US-based, of course, and don't watch TV anyway, but I've mostly managed to avoid the whole thing online.
    Yes, because the original comment was not at all snark and I am sitting in my living room crying tears of horror because I can't get away from the Zimmerman trial coverage and was so hoping a helpful FSUer would direct me to channels that did not include coverage.

Reality: I was just snarking about the U.S. media, which post-O.J. seems to always have a trial of the moment which we get saturation coverage of. Since we also get huge coverage of the royal family...if the two events cross, it may indeed be funny to see how they cover both. Also reality: if you attempt to be even a slightly informed person in the U.S. these days, you will not escape the trial of the moment whether it is online headlines, news stories in your paper or "breaking news" scrolling across the television screen during completely unrelated programming. Even the Weather Channel has news headlines now. Last reality: My television is not even on at the moment.

vCash
    I guess Texas is different from the rest of the country because our TV is on all the time (mostly it's my husband watching it) & we haven't seen or heard one word about the trial. There's normally some Zimmerman news on the home page of my computer but not on TV.

Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast