Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Twitter:

The Globe and Mail ‏@globeandmail 14m
    Video: Queen's coronation: Looking back at 60 years on the throne http://bit.ly/ZEe1qa

vCash
    watching the parade part of the coronation now and it seems to be going on forever.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Damn!! We had Family here all day yesterday and afterwards, I was too tired to check here and...Grrrr!!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    watching the parade part of the coronation now and it seems to be going on forever.
    Don't all parades?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Look at how great William and Kate look at the 60th coronation festivities!

I love love love her ensemble - the very royal hat, the lovely timeless coat and dress, her favourite comfy heels. Has there every been a celebrity who looked better in maternity wear? Non!

And William! A lifetime of fancy dress has resulted in a man who looks fully at ease in his clothes, whether it's a uniform or tuxedo, or simply polo wear or a perfectly tailored suit with mirror-shined shoes. What a gorgeous couple!

vCash
    Jenny, my thoughts exactly!

eta:

Their happiness is apparent.
    It's wonderful to see that,
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 06-04-2013 at 03:18 PM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Agree - with so many celebrity couples, they either look too busy focusing on their individual images, or they overdo it by slobbering all over each other, which is usually quickly followed by a breakup announcement. Or they trot out all the kids and never actually look at each other.

But William and Kate look like both the best of friends and the greatest love of their lives, completely at ease with each other, and as though commitments and position aside, there's no place else they'd rather be than together.

vCash
    Twitter:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 25m
    AP PHOTOS: Pomp and prayer as Queen Elizabeth II marks the 60th anniversary of her coronation: http://apne.ws/13iJL2q -BW
    anglotopia ‏@anglotopia 1h
    Video: Full Video of Today’s Coronation 60th Anniversary Service of HM Queen Elizabeth II at… http://goo.gl/fb/tLOkh
    The Globe and Mail ‏@globeandmail 3h
    Westminster Abbey ceremony marks 60 years since the Queen’s coronation http://bit.ly/ZKFNkF
    EDIT:

Boston.com ‏@BostonDotCom 11m
    Duchess Kate celebrates Queen Elizabeth II's 60th year on the throne, plus many more #royalfamily photos: http://bo.st/19FRN96
    EDIT2:

The Globe and Mail ‏@globeandmail 48m
    Video: Queen celebrates coronation anniversary in Westminster Abbey with Will, Kate and Harry http://bit.ly/ZLZWqz
    Last edited by dardar1126; 06-04-2013 at 09:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Jenny, my thoughts exactly!

eta:

ITA, they both look great. Just because I have a weird memory, I notice that Kate is wearing the same hat she wore to the church service last year for the Jubilee. Furthermore, the fabric of this maternity dress looks to be the same as the fabric of the dress she wore with the hat last time. The outfit last year was, IMHO, one of her best, and this is, again IMHO, one of her best maternity looks.

ETA: Just checked What Kate Wore and the fabric is similar, but not exactly the same. The hat is the same one.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think kate looks great. it's not her day and she is dressed really appropriately. meanwhile bea came in a shiny navy bedazzled trench and her sister is wearing a lace aqua moto jacket that is 2 sizes too small. they really dont look right for the event. and as always QEII FTW!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Am I the only the one irritated by the article still calling her Kate Middleton and everyone else has their title? Why is she still Kate Middleton but it's Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall? Just the way it's written, bugs me.

"Kate Middleton has joined her hubby Prince William and family members Prince Harry, Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall to mark the 60th anniversary of the Queen's Coronation."

Diana was always addressed with her royal title when she and Charles were married and Camilla and Sophie are addressed by theirs. Is it because their regular names were hyphenated and therefore longer than their royal titles and Kate Middleton rolls easier than, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge?
    Sorry for the rant but she's now a royal...use her title!

vCash
    The title thing bugs me as well. I suspect it has a lot to do with search engines. Articles usually include "Middleton" and "Duchess of Cambridge" to make sure both are picked up in a search. The Internet wasn't the same animal when Diana arrived on the scene. That said, people did call her Lady Di long after she was married, and apparently she hated the short form "Di" and anyone who actually knew her would never have used it.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    I wonder if they treat her with such familiarity because she was a commoner before her marriage? But, of course, Princess Diana was treated similarly and she was an aristocrat. Maybe it's just a sign of the times that formality is falling by the wayside.

vCash
    I still see Camilla referred to as Camilla Parker-Bowles on occasion so I think it just depends on what publication on what day.

Or if you wanted to get really feminist about it you could say that the media still refers to Kate by her maiden name because even though she's married she shouldn't be called by her husband's name because that's so antiquated and she's her own person. Girl power!

Personally, I think they should refer to her as the Duchess of Cambridge, but TPTB in the media don't care what I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    ITA, they both look great. Just because I have a weird memory, I notice that Kate is wearing the same hat she wore to the church service last year for the Jubilee. Furthermore, the fabric of this maternity dress looks to be the same as the fabric of the dress she wore with the hat last time. The outfit last year was, IMHO, one of her best, and this is, again IMHO, one of her best maternity looks.

ETA: Just checked What Kate Wore and the fabric is similar, but not exactly the same. The hat is the same one.
    I've been waiting for someone to say something about this. I noticed it too when I finally got to see some pictures earlier this afternoon.

BTW, beyond ticked off that after deciding to stay up since I was up already letting a burn to a certain part of my upper body area have a bit of time exposed to the air, (was pouring boiling water into a bowl for Instant Oatmeal almost a week and a half ago, Mom distracted me and....Yeah. Of all the places for that to happen....) not one of the sites I had links to for a free streaming of the Service worked. Not a single one!!! I finally gave up at 4:45am EST and after redressing the part of the burn still healing and needing covering, called it a night. Grrr!!!

Quote Originally Posted by minuet View Post
    Am I the only the one irritated by the article still calling her Kate Middleton and everyone else has their title? Why is she still Kate Middleton but it's Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall? Just the way it's written, bugs me.

"Kate Middleton has joined her hubby Prince William and family members Prince Harry, Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall to mark the 60th anniversary of the Queen's Coronation."

Diana was always addressed with her royal title when she and Charles were married and Camilla and Sophie are addressed by theirs. Is it because their regular names were hyphenated and therefore longer than their royal titles and Kate Middleton rolls easier than, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge?
    Sorry for the rant but she's now a royal...use her title!
    No, it's not just you and I've been known to growl whenever i hear it too on occasion because it just should not be happening anymore. IMO, it's worse when my own Cdn broadcasters do it, because they really *should* know better, but nope. I call it lazy ass journalism. I actually heard someone say that if she wasn't called that, unless William was w/her, then no one would know her otherwise.

I shot this person a look and then proceeded to let them know my exact thoughts about that particular statement.

There's been one shot of Her Majesty from today that I just adore. She's leaving the Abbey and talking to the Archbishop of Canterbury I'm thinking. She just looks so happy and w/the light from outside just shining on her...She just looks fantastic and some of the best video I've seen of her.

God Save The Queen!!!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I don't know - maybe that's how she wants to be known. Not everyone is enamored with titles or changes their names when they marry. I doubt anyone doesn't know she's a future queen.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    No, that's not it at all. If it was, then the Royal Household would call her that. As I said, nothing but Lazy Ass Journalism and nothing but that.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    No, that's not it at all. If it was, then the Royal Household would call her that. As I said, nothing but Lazy Ass Journalism and nothing but that.
    Things change - even Royal households.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    I don't usually like the Daily Mail.

However, some of the best pictures and accounts of the occasion are here: with interesting historic information on HMQ's page:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...oronation.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...n-service.html

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    A little bemused by the Daily Mail's headline: "Queen Steals the show..." Erm, isn't she the *star* of the show?
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast