Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    You should try, especially if you've never seen Prince Philip before. Many years ago, Charles and Diana made a public appearance in my city - I had just started a new job so didn't want to sneak off or ask for time off, and I thought I'd have plenty of chances in future. Sadly I did not

I continue to regret this, and have vowed to myself that when Kate and William make their first appearance in my city, I will drop everything to attend

vCash
    kate has had some lovely appearances (and worn some lovely outfits) in the last few days. she really does look glowing. www.whatkatewore.com

vCash
    She is absolutely radiant.
    Every expectant lady should look so good.
    Pregnancy doesn't have to turn someone into a "frump".

I love that, often, she wears outfits that are accessible to any woman.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    There have been some amusing articles in the tabloids comparing her look with Jessica Simpson and she who shall not be named, as all are due in July. Our Kate is radiant and gorgeous, and the other two, well let's not be nasty, but they are not

I also love the accessibility of her look, including that she wears the same pieces and often mixes and matches. At the same time, I do want to see the future Queen looking the part, so on rare occasions that she wears a gown and jewels, it's special treat. (Take that Gwyneth!)

vCash
    She always looks elegant and appropriate, whatever the occasion.
    I'm sure that won't change.

Like you, I enjoy her "formalwear" events.
    Those will undoubtedly become more frequent after the baby arrives.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    You should try, especially if you've never seen Prince Philip before. Many years ago, Charles and Diana made a public appearance in my city - I had just started a new job so didn't want to sneak off or ask for time off, and I thought I'd have plenty of chances in future. Sadly I did not

I continue to regret this, and have vowed to myself that when Kate and William make their first appearance in my city, I will drop everything to attend
    I was going to call the DND today, but my cold that I thought was finally on it's way out, reared it's ugly head again yesterday and a bit of today. Considering how stuffed up I was and still am, I decided on staying in bed. However, things are starting to die off again, so hopefully all it was, was my very, very late night on the train w/no sleep. Don't worry though Jenny, I am going to try. As w/Phillip's age, this more than likely will end up being his final trip to Canada.

vCash
    Just learned about this right now....

Royal Central ~ Princess Alexandra Cancels Engagements, Suffering From 'Polymyalgia Rheumatica'

The BBC’s Peter Hunt tweeted, “The Queen’s cousin, P Alexandra, has cancelled 11 engagements because she’s suffering from a common condition which affects some muscles.”

It is known that Princess Alexandra is suffering from polymyalgia rheumatica, a condition which causes inflammation of large muscles. It mainly affects people over the age of 65. It is rare in people under 50. About 1 in 1,000 people over the age of 50 develops PMR each year. Women are three times more likely to be affected than men.
    For HRH to cancel 11 Engagements means this is pretty serious. Royals of her Generation don't do that unless they can not beyond the shadow of a doubt perform their duties. It also sounds awful both regarding the pain and how it limits a person's movement.

Boy, it's been a rough period of time for the Kents branch of the Family health wise. First the Duke of Kent suffers a minor Stroke and now his Sister is coping w/this. Wishing the Princess a very speedy recovery!!

ETA ~ In even bigger news....It's official!!! The new Succession Law is now Law.

Royal Central ~ Succession To The Crown Act Becomes Law

So it now doesn't matter if this baby ends up being a Prince or Princess of Cambridge come July. Regardless of gender, this baby will be The Heir or Heiress to the Throne in time.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 04-26-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    kate has had some lovely appearances (and worn some lovely outfits) in the last few days. she really does look glowing. www.whatkatewore.com
    She looks great, as always.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I didn't realize she had an engagement on Tuesday w/all that entailed getting me down here to Toronto on Tuesday, so I'll have to check that out sometime later today. In the meantime...

Daily Mail ~ Kate's first maternity outfit: Pregnant Kate dresses the royal bump in designer baby blue on charity visit to view Prince William's portrait

HRH just looks *stunning*!! As usual, don't read the comments. They're even more bitter than usual for DM readers, not to mention the so called reporting. "She didn't sound like her usual stilted and overdramatic when giving her speech this time out..." Seriously!?! It's called now having some experience under her belt *and* also working on her speech giving skills w/someone. This one's only what....The fourth one? She'll keep getting better too w/time, but trust the DM to make it sound worse than it is.

Also don't forget today's the big visit by the Cambridges and Prince Harry to Warner Bros UK and the Harry Potter day there for reps from their various Patronages. I really hope some of the more stable kids from EACH can be there w/their Parents. Can't you just imagine the looks on those kids faces? I hope they all have a incredible day.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I find it interesting that the SECOND clause (permitting members of the Royal Family to marry Roman Catholics) is retroactive--those who gave up their place to marry are now restored to the Succession.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

super cute!

i'd love to know if anyone said a spell while they waived the wands
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

super cute!

i'd love to know if anyone said a spell while they waived the wands

Love that picture!
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Has anyone seen just the one of Kate casting a spell? The expression on her face is priceless!!! The caption's I've seen about it from people have been priceless. My personal favourite...

What was that you said about frogs William?

In other news....Prince Phillip is in Toronto and...

The Governor General of Canada ~ Canadian Honours Presented to the Duke of Edinburgh

Today, His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, presented the insignias of Companion of the Order of Canada and Commander of the Order of Military Merit to His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh during a special presentation in Toronto, Ontario.
    For his Service not only to Canada, but the Commonwealth as a whole. Nicely done by both the GG and the Govt and the perfect time to award them to the DoE too.

vCash
    Video of Will, Kate, and Harry on the WB studio tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ed7P3RouIo
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

Comansnala?
    vCash
    Three new pics of Sweden's Estelle in spring with her mom.
    http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/roya...3984.bild.html

vCash
    ^^^
    The caption surely applies..."sparkles without jewels"!
    Adorable!

vCash
    Kate. Put. your. freaking. hands. DOWN! The world is going to stare at your bump regardless, so you might as well give them a good look!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Kate. Put. your. freaking. hands. DOWN! The world is going to stare at your bump regardless, so you might as well give them a good look!
    She has always kept her hands at waist level like that--even well before being pregnant-- and usually carries clutches. There were several times that the press used it to start false pregnancy rumors, in fact.

vCash
    She's been trained to do that.
    I believe that it creates a consistent look for photographs.

vCash
    I tried posting this last night, but for some odd reason, it disappeared on me and by that time, I was literally falling asleep here at the keyboard. This is a copy and paste from the posting I did over at The Royal Forums, w/some changes and the first paragraph taken out. It was mostly me thanking the person over there who helped me out w/the information of what time things would be starting over at Queen's Park yesterday morning and I don't think anyone here is interested in that, so... Here's my thoughts and impressions on the Ceremony yesterday...

Secondly...WOW!!! For someone like me who was an in their mid 40's "surprise" to my Parents and was raised listening to the various stories of my Uncle and Cousin and their experiences both in Italy and Holland during WWII *and* also attending Veterans Events since I was very little and soaking it all in, I *love* events like this. I've never seen the presenting of new Regimental Colours live before however and it was very moving to know, not only how much this means to the Men and Women of the RCR, but also to see History happening right in front of me.

When everything started, it was slightly overcast and even at one point I was worried rain was about to start, but not only did it stay away, *but* when HRH presented the new Colours is when the Sun came out. I heard someone behind me say, "If this was part of a movie, people would either roll their eyes or say something about a cheesy moment." I thought the exact same thing too, so...It *was* perfect timing though. It also made that golden and silver thread used on the embroidery of it just sparkle too.

Another surprise was the Parade after the Presentation of the new Colours to mark the 200th Anniversary of the Battle of York as part of the War of 1812. Once again, did not know that was happening either, so was a lovely surprise. It's also one of the largest ever Military Parade held in Toronto History.

It also gave me the only time I will ever have the chance to stand right out in the middle of one of the lanes on University Ave and not get mowed down by the Traffic usually there.

It more than likely won't be until next Tuesday before I get my pictures up over at my Photobucket account, as my camera and the laptop do *not* like each other very much and I'll only be as far as my Sister's Wednesday and then home on Friday. I did get some really good pictures of HRH, the Ceremony and the Parade and I can't wait to share them all w/you.

The *really* great part of this though? The son of very, very good Family Friends of ours served in the RCR for close to ten years and would still be a Serving Member, but then he did a Tour over in Afghanistan and knew if he stayed, he would have to do another Tour and....He just couldn't. He's still dealing w/all that he saw over there and did, at least he's finally talking about it w/thanks to some Korean Vets in our area, but for the first couple of years after he came home it was touch and go if the PTSD would win or he would.

Anyway....I thought even if I didn't get any good pictures of HRH, at the very least I could do my best to get some good ones of the Ceremony for him and if he's interested and wants copies, then I can certainly do that. After all, it really is the very least I can do for him after all he's been through.

Sigh....I still can't believe I got to see Prince Phillip and all of the Ceremony that went along w/it. It's been a *really* stressful year w/my Dad's health steadily going downhill and then it went up by a factor of Ten Thousand w/my Mom breaking her ankle a month and two weeks ago, so I was looking forward to my Stars on Ice weekend in Toronto more than I have in a long, long time. Got to see an awesome show at the Air Canada Centre last night and then HRH and another awesome show this morning at Queen's Park.

Sigh...What a Holiday so far and I've still got three more days down here too.

A few other things...When HRH arrived at Queen's Park yesterday, he was sporting a very black eye, which the Palace said in a release happened at some point during the night, but that the Duke had not fallen or hit anything. Considering he's more than likely on blood thinners due to the stent that was put in a year and a bit ago during that health scare w/his heart at Christmas time, it wouldn't take much for him to have maybe moved his arm in a certain way during the night and in the morning...Black eye!!

Before the actual Ceremony, there were demonstrations put on by the RCR to show HRH some of what they did in Afghanistan, such as the Grenade Launcher one team had set up. There were also two Parachutists and also a team that rappelled down one of the buildings nearby. I was in the wrong place to see that, but I did see the two Parachutists for a wee bit before they headed towards their landing area behind Queen's Park. Anyway...Since I didn't know if the Duke would be coming back out that way to leave Queen's Park for Pearson, I stuck around for a bit, which was a good thing as I didn't know about that Parade that was about to happen.

The area I was standing in, after about fifteen minutes, it quickly became a "gathering point" as one of the Higher Ranking Officers of the Regiment had just finished an interview and after that, various Officers and members of the Regiment were coming over to say Hello and also were bringing over their Families to introduce to him as well. I heard one of them tell his little girl that this was the guy who helped keep her Daddy safe over in Afghanistan. I was thankful at that moment my back was to them, as that got me choked up and the tears going. One of the other men who came over was in charge of one of the set ups and also explaining it to the Duke. He's also sporting a black eye which he got while doing yard work earlier in the week. He said the Prince came over w/his hand out to shake and says, "That's quite the black eye there. I got mine in bed, how did you get yours?"

The Officer said it took them all a few seconds to both shut their mouths and then to stop sputtering after that zinger. He also said that while the Duke's in his early 90's, he's still got one wicked sense of humour.

I saw in some reports stating that HRH looked frail and weak. Well, I don't know what they were seeing, but I didn't see anything remotely like that. In fact, I was really impressed by just how great he looked and acted considering his age and how quick and short a visit this was. I also don't think he would have attempted it if either he wasn't up to it or if his Doctors had told him to cancel it. What worried me was when he made his Speech.

Now there he did sound a bit weak and frail, but when I saw the reports on the Late Night Newscasts last night, he sounded just fine. Now, they were having problems w/the Microphone earlier when the two Armed Forces Padres were starting the Prayers in order to consecrate and bless the new Colours w/the mic cutting in and out and when HRH was speaking, the wind was also picking up. We've all heard people speaking outdoors through a mic and know how garbled even a slight breeze can cause someone to sound. So considering he sounded just fine on the news pieces I saw, I'm chalking up what I "thought" I heard to problems w/the Mic there.

All in all...What a great day yesterday and it was also lovely to see the Duke wearing his new Order of Canada insignia he received the day before. I am so happy I was able to go and see HRH and I can't wait to share my pictures w/all of you. I really did get some good ones.

Now...I have some links to things about the Cambridges and Harry visiting Warner Bros' new studio centre and the Harry Potter tour, Kate's first solo video message in order to kick off Children's Hospice Week in the UK (She has an engagement visiting the newest one she added to her Patronages tomorrow sometime) and also the complete list of who will be attending the Ceremonies in Holland on Tuesday. However, I know I'm close to running out of room in this post, so a follow up w/all of that is coming shortly.

Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast