Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Before anything else....When I posted those links to the Scottish mini tour and what I said about Kate and criticism over how short her outfits have been so far, I'd just come from The Royal Forums and believe me, there are *many* over there who think Kate's coats/dresses are far too short for someone expecting. Yeah...Okay....She's how old again? And this is 2013, right? I think she's looked amazing so far, she's not looking twenty years older just because she's expecting and have loved the looks so far. My personal favourite being what she wore for that visit to the Baker Street Tube w/The Queen and DoE. Loved the colour, the cut, the beading detail on the coat...Simply perfect IMO.

So, to hear that anyone is comparing that piece of Reality trash Kim K and what she's wore so far to what HRH has is not only one of the more idiotic and stupid things I've heard of, but also beyond ridiculous. Kim wouldn't even have a clue about classy behaviour or wardrobe nor what it looked like.

Unless....Maybe it would get her attention if it was spelled w/a "K", but I doubt even then...

Sigh...Only the Daily Mail....Typical.

In far more interesting and classy news....Did anyone else know there was a State Visit by Finland's President and First Lady to Denmark this week? Well, there was and the two Mary's did *not* disappoint!!

Hello ~ Princesses Mary and Marie don glittering tiaras for gala dinner

I'm still on the fence on CP Mary's gown...I want to like it, but somehow and I can't put my finger on it, something seems....off w/it. Not sure what or why I feel like that, but there it is. Princess Marie OTOH...She really needs to wear that colour more often as it does wonders on her. I also really liked her gown, but really loved that colour!!

I guess the big news this week will be Infanta Christina of Spain's appearance in Court over the mess her Husband and herself (if you're on the Board of Directors, then you *know* what's going down) have not only placed themselves in, but also the entire SRF as well, over the shady dealings of the so called non for profit Charity Organization they'd set up. Some are thinking this might just end up w/the King having to possibly abdicate to save the Monarchy, but that Christina *does* need to either announced a Separation leading to Divorce, which many doubt, or renouncing her Succession Rights over all of this.

Regardless....The Monarchy is teetering badly in Spain right now. This week could tell a lot about whether or not it can survive it.

vCash
    Wow, that purple evening gown is fabulous!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    I like Mary's gown as well.
    It was different from her usual formal dresses.

vCash
    Kate is going to be the Godmother of Princess Cruise Lines newest ship, the Royal Princess. Princess is probably crossing their fingers that baby isn't early! She's scheduled to christen the ship while she is very late along.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...-ship/2066399/

vCash
    HM Queen Margrethe II of Denmark celebrated her Birthday yesterday and that means Balcony appearances by her, Prince Henrik and the Families of the Crown Prince and Prince Joachim. However, of all the pictures I've seen so far, this one's my personal favourite and was found by a member of TRF...

Christian, Isabelle, Vincent and Josephine planning on how to break out of this joint!!

The expressions on their faces are just priceless!!! Count on the Grandchildren to steal the show from Grandma.

vCash
    That is too cute.

vCash

vCash
    Has there been any announcement as to which foreign royals will be attending the ceremonies in the Netherlands on April 30th? With Queen Beatrix stepping down and Willem-Alexander becoming King, I'd assume everyone would be sending their A-list people short of their own monarchs (who, as I understand, don't attend other people's coronations).

I understand there's a state visit by the UAE to Great Britain around that time and Prince Charles will be dealing with that, so is it Edward and Sophie representing the Queen?

vCash
    I've been looking over at TRF after reading your post centerstage, and while I didn't find that information, I did find that Williem=Alexander and Maxima had granted an interview to Dutch TV, and was broadcast tonight in the Netherlands. If it is up at YouTube, you'll need to be able to understand the Dutch language in order to watch it, but hopefully at some point there'll be a version of it w/English subtitles. I hope that is!!

Someone over there has tried to do a translation using Google Translate and we all know how *those* can be, but one interesting tidbit from the little bit I've read of it....Queen Beatrix sat W-A and Maxima down a year ago to discuss the Abdication and get the ball rolling w/the details, so that everything would be in place and ready when it came time for the Official Announcement. The interviewer asked them if there were any times when there was "an accident" about to happen w/them spilling it and W-A said at a Formal Dinner of some kind that was held over the past year he was asked about it and if he could pick a date for it, what would it be? He jokingly goes, "Oh April 30th would be perfect. It's Spring, the days are longer and..." At that point? That's when he got a kick from a high heeled shoe and a *look* from Maxima.

I can so picture that too....ROTFLOL!!!

AFAIK...I *think* I saw something about Victoria and Daniel being the Swedish Reps at the events at the end of the month, but also *don't* quote me on that one either, as I very well might have that wrong too. It wouldn't shock me to see Sophie and Edward there for the Windsors. The Wessexes and W-A and Maxima have become really close friends over the years, so even thought it would make sense to send Charles and Camilla, don't be surprised to see Sophie and Edward there instead or even w/the PoW and DoCor.

I do know this for sure though. There *will* be a White Tie Gala Event either the night before or the night of the 30th. Which means, Orders, Medals (maybe), but most importantly....Ball Gowns, Orders and...and....AND....TIARAS!!!!

Sorry for the yelling, but after the last few days, I'm happy to be happy for *anything* at the moment and since Tiara events don't happen that often these days...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    AFAIK...I *think* I saw something about Victoria and Daniel being the Swedish Reps at the events at the end of the month, but also *don't* quote me on that one either, as I very well might have that wrong too. It wouldn't shock me to see Sophie and Edward there for the Windsors. The Wessexes and W-A and Maxima have become really close friends over the years, so even thought it would make sense to send Charles and Camilla, don't be surprised to see Sophie and Edward there instead or even w/the PoW and DoCor.
    Isn't it funny what can happen sometimes after you post it the night before? Not about attending the Abdication and Inauguration in Holland, but guess who will representing the House of Windsor at a certain Royal Wedding in Sweden in early June?

Hello ~ Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex confirm their attendance at Princess Madeleine's royal wedding

I wonder if we'll see that gorgeous Aquamarine Tiara we saw on Sophie for the Night Before Gala Dinner at the festivities in Luxembourg back in October, as this is a Tiara event? It would be nice as it really suited her beautifully.

Also, Prince Charles launched a...We'll call it an Online Exhibit I guess....or his Watercolours on his Official Website today...

Website of TRH The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall ~ Watercolours

I've seen some of HRH's work in the past in various books and he's done some really lovely work. There's one in particular I've seen a few times he did of Windsor Castle and the Thunderclouds are just massing and incoming in the distance. Charles did a really gorgeous job of displaying the contrast of the light of day on the Castle and Windsor Great Park and the darkness of the coming storm. It really is a stunning piece of work he did that time and I'm looking forward to going through the site tonight to look at some more of HRH's Watercolours.

vCash
    Sophie was busy this week....

Lions Intl UK and Northern Ireland ~ Multiple District Headquarters News ~ Visit by Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex G.C.V.O.~ Patron of Lions Clubs International British Isles

The visit was to both to tour the HQ's and be brought up to date w/the various projects the Lions are currently doing and to also sign and officially show off the new commissioned portrait of their Patron.

Which is a simply stunning Portrait of Her Royal Highness

Then Sophie attended a rather Special Anniversary close to home in Bagshot...

Bagshot Villiage.com ~ Countess of Wessex Attends Bagshot WI's 90th Birthday Party

The WI is the Woman's Institute for those wondering and can be a very important group for a small area, as they are the ones who usually are the ones who get the ball rolling when something such as a charity drive for a Family in need for funds for helping w/Medical Treatment to gathering clothing and toys for a Family who lost everything in a fire. They really and truly can be the Lynchpins for these small areas.

And that brings us to the final event of the week and....

Merhtyr.gov.uk ~ A Royal Visit for Greenfield Special School

MyRoyals ~ Countess of Wessex Visits Greenfield Special School

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

*And* that same day, Sophie visited The Royal Mint...

ITV.com ~ Countess strikes new coin at Royal Mint

My Royals ~
    The Countess of Wessex Visits The Royal Mint

Speaking of wonderful times....Well, perhaps that should be A *Freezing* Memorable Time.....

Harry's headed to Antartica!!

National Post ~ Prince Harry vows to beat Canadians in race to Antarctica — and then give them a cup of tea

Our Canadian Wounded Warriors Team *might* have a thing or two to say to you about that Your Royal Highness!!

I have both been hoping and waiting to see if Princess Beatrice would take on something to do w/Dyslexia in the UK. That happened officially today...

examiner.com ~ Princess Beatrice gets personal with new dyslexia patronage

And thanks to a link in the article on Beatrice's new Patronage, we finally find out what Kate's newest Patronages are as well...

examiner.com ~ Duchess of Cambridge takes on additional patronages

*And*...Last, but never, ever least...HM the Queen enjoyed a day at the races *and* a win to boot!!

Daily Mail ~ Good timing! Her Majesty celebrates visit to Newbury with winner

I love pictures of HM cheering on of her horses and it's looking like it's going to be a close finish. They're those rare chances to see HM as a person instead of her usual guarded self we see in Public. Also Congratulations to Her Majesty on her win that happened yesterday!!

And that, as they say, is that....For now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Has there been any announcement as to which foreign royals will be attending the ceremonies in the Netherlands on April 30th? With Queen Beatrix stepping down and Willem-Alexander becoming King, I'd assume everyone would be sending their A-list people short of their own monarchs (who, as I understand, don't attend other people's coronations).

I understand there's a state visit by the UAE to Great Britain around that time and Prince Charles will be dealing with that, so is it Edward and Sophie representing the Queen?
    I know I literally just posted a really long list of what the British Royals have been up to and this should be added to that, but this is such BIG news, it really does need it's own posting. Because I mean this is really, really, really BIG news...

To my astonishment, amazement and delight, I just happened to see this over at the Examiner's webiste just as I was about to close the window it was in....

examiner.com ~ Crown Princess Masako to make first overseas trip in seven years

Yes, you read that right.

HIH Crown Princess Masako of Japan is reportedly planning to make her first overseas trip since 2006 this month for the inauguration of Prince Willem-Alexander as King of the Netherlands. AFP is reporting that it would be her first official visit abroad in almost a decade.
    Did I or did I not say this was BIG news? Wow....Now I'm *really* excited for the events in Holland in just two weeks time. It will be so lovely to finally see her out and about at last!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    HM Queen Margrethe II of Denmark celebrated her Birthday yesterday and that means Balcony appearances by her, Prince Henrik and the Families of the Crown Prince and Prince Joachim. However, of all the pictures I've seen so far, this one's my personal favourite and was found by a member of TRF...

Christian, Isabelle, Vincent and Josephine planning on how to break out of this joint!!

The expressions on their faces are just priceless!!! Count on the Grandchildren to steal the show from Grandma.
    Cute. But this photo is a montage with pictures of Christian and Isabelle from previous years added to this years pictures of Vincent and Josephine. Christian and Isabelle are much older now than shown on here.

Here is a picture of the crownprince family from this years celebration of Queen Margarethe's birthday: http://monarchypress.com/collection/...ce.html?page=5

Nice family

vCash
    Here are some fabulous photos of Kate and her bump, looking great at Windsor Castle

'The Duchess of Cambridge welcomed in the first signs of spring today in a mint green coat.

Kate was at Windsor Castle attending the National Review of the Queen's Scouts for the first time in place of the Queen, who is celebrating her 87th birthday privately.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-ceremony.html

Also on the same link, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page there is a video recording of the occasion (following a short face cream ad)
    Last edited by skatefan; 04-22-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    She looks wonderful!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Don't know whether to or at the Daily Mail calling Kate's coat "extremely short". Have they never looked at the pictures they've published of Katie Price or Kim Kardashian??

vCash
    I think that is basically the same hem length she has worn since always. Are you supposed to go longer when you are pregnant? It seems appropriate to me, and she looks beautiful. (I'm not much a fashionista, and usually love what she wears- but I think it is terribly ugly...but not short.)

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    It's not the prettiest coat she's ever worn imo, but definitely not short. That's the Daily Mail for you. They'll show Katie Price in a diaper length pair of shorts and then call the DoC's skirt extremely short. (On the other hand, I did click on the link and read their article so not sure what that says about me. )

vCash
    Report out that Charles and Camilla will in fact be the British representatives to the Dutch coronation. What's funny to me is that he was there when Beatrix was made Queen, now he gets to see her son crowned. Such as it were.

vCash
    Not crowned, but invested or inauguration, but this is not a Coronation as we think of it. The Dutch Regalia will be there on a table, but Wiliam-Alexander will not be crowned and will be taking an Oath instead. In fact, Order of Splendour did a wonderful article the other day on the respective European Monarchies and how the passing on of the Crown takes place. *Really* interesting read and it was eye opening to me just how many do not have a Coronation.

I'm now in Toronto for CSOI and also a badly, badly, badly needed break and holiday rolled into one and will be here until next Tuesday. I was watching the tail end of The National last night and guess who else will be in Toronto this coming weekend? HRH The Duke of Edinburgh. He's going to be presenting new colours to one of his Regiments here in the City (It's late and I have a very long night last night on the train. Even though I crashed when I got here, I'm starting to fade fast again...), which I'm blanking on at the moment, but....I wouldn't be the Monarchist I call myself if I didn't at the least look into seeing if I can't at the very least try to see if I couldn't stand someone to at least try and get a look at Phillip. Right?

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast