Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1046
  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,804
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The two most blameless people in this situation are Will and Kate.

  2. #122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,749
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    The two most blameless people in this situation are Will and Kate.
    Yet there are those around the web contriving to blame them. Saw commenters on one news story explaining that if Will had had the integrity to abdicate as soon as he was an adult , none of this would have happened. Although, I'm not really sure what the point of abdicating a throne you do not possess would be. And interest in his life, as Diana's son, would not have magically gone away regardless.

  3. #123
    recovering Oly-holic
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the frozen, snowy north
    Posts
    1,259
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3166
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Yet there are those around the web contriving to blame them. Saw commenters on one news story explaining that if Will had had the integrity to abdicate as soon as he was an adult , none of this would have happened. Although, I'm not really sure what the point of abdicating a throne you do not possess would be. And interest in his life, as Diana's son, would not have magically gone away regardless.
    Someone really said that? Way to twist a story.

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What two beyond idiots spewed that stupidity PDliemna?

    I do worry that at a time when she really needs rest and no added stress whatsoever, this could end up triggering a relapse of Kate's symptoms.

    I also hope I'm really, really, really wrong about that one.

  5. #125
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,749
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    What two beyond idiots spewed that stupidity PDliemna?

    I do worry that at a time when she really needs rest and no added stress whatsoever, this could end up triggering a relapse of Kate's symptoms.

    I also hope I'm really, really, really wrong about that one.
    It was commenters on a story possibly at slate.com, but I'm not sure as I read a few sites and I am sleepy and am subbing (free time for lunch right now) thus reading with one eye on a classroom of 8th graders taking math tests. It is incredibly stupid. Basically the spin is that it is their fault because William had the audacity to be born, I guess. Another commenter did point out that the Royal Family pays much of their own bills, does a massive amount of work for charity to raise money and awareness, and that he did not choose his position nor can he give it up all that easily.

  6. #126
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ah...I see. Thanks and good luck staying awake!!

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,749
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Ah...I see. Thanks and good luck staying awake!!
    I need it. One of the results of my husband switching to second shift is that we go to bed between 12:30 and 1:00 a.m. Which is fine on a normal day but on the days when the phone rings for me to sub....yuck. I much prefer the night before calls when I can scribble a note for him and go to bed early enough. Not so bad if the kids are doing an activity, but the quiet test taking periods are rough.

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I see that the President of that station's Parent Company is now saying the DJ's are 'victims' for all that's happened to them over the last 24 hrs. No one here wants to know what my reaction to *that* was when I read it on my iPod earlier this afternoon. Also that they did nothing wrong.

    According to the Aussie Communication Laws, I beg to differ.

    What I can't figure out though is this. This station has two five year Probation periods they are currently serving for other stunts they've pulled over the last couple of years. Okay, so knowing that and they *had* to know what the reaction to this stunt would end up being, the lawyer for the Station after listening to the tape of what happened said it was fine to broadcast!?!

    If that lawyer had done his or her job, none of this would have happened IMO.

    I'll be back to share that article in a bit. I have to find it again and too, CNN is rebroadcasting their Heroes Gala from last weekend at the top of the hour. After the last few days, I need to be reminded of the good people are capable of doing to offset the events of this week.

    Before that though....I was over at the Anne Boleyn Files a little while ago and Claire had up a heads up about a program that's completely recreated a Tudor era Feast. And I do mean completely recreated. No modern kitchen equipment is seen anywhere here. They're doing everything the way it was done back then.

    Just watching the amount of work it took to simply prepare the almonds and sugar to make some Marizipan had me tired.

    Anyway...I know we've got other Tudor fans here at FSU, so thought I'd share the link to the first part of this and the links to the the other three portions can be found over there at YouTube on the right hand menu.

    YouTube ~ A Tudor Feast

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    This isn't the same article I was talking about, but it does have quotes from the "defence" the Station's Parent Company said yesterday. Such as how prank calls are a "craft" used Worldwide for decades.

    That's funny...I don't remember being taught how to perform calls such as this during any of my Radio Broadcasting courses during my Broadcast Journalism program...

    Telegraph ~ Hospital bosses turn against radio show for humiliating nurses

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Damn.

    Mirror ~ Prince William cancels public appearance after pregnant Kate suffers recurrence of acute morning sickness illness

    She was supposed to avoid any un needed stress. W/the tragic events of the last few days, I was afraid this might just end up happening.

    Here's hoping things can be managed at KP and she doesn't need to go back to hospital again.

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Top of Utah!!
    Age
    55
    Posts
    7,540
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    19192
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    What two beyond idiots spewed that stupidity PDliemna?

    I do worry that at a time when she really needs rest and no added stress whatsoever, this could end up triggering a relapse of Kate's symptoms.

    I also hope I'm really, really, really wrong about that one.
    ITA.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

  12. #132

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,438
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4354
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Damn.

    Mirror ~ Prince William cancels public appearance after pregnant Kate suffers recurrence of acute morning sickness illness

    She was supposed to avoid any un needed stress. W/the tragic events of the last few days, I was afraid this might just end up happening.

    Here's hoping things can be managed at KP and she doesn't need to go back to hospital again.
    As horrible as it is, stress actually doesn't play a role in Hyperemesis gravidarum. It's thought to be closely related to pregnancy hormones. But please, don't let facts get in the way of the

    In all seriousness, I hope she feels better soon. I had a friend who had it, and it was horrific for her. She's one of the few people I know who lost weight while pregnant, and that's not good for mother OR baby. My friend had it well into her second trimester, but normally it abates after the first. Fingers crossed!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  13. #133
    recovering Oly-holic
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the frozen, snowy north
    Posts
    1,259
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3166
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    As horrible as it is, stress actually doesn't play a role in Hyperemesis gravidarum. It's thought to be closely related to pregnancy hormones. But please, don't let facts get in the way of the

    In all seriousness, I hope she feels better soon. I had a friend who had it, and it was horrific for her. She's one of the few people I know who lost weight while pregnant, and that's not good for mother OR baby. My friend had it well into her second trimester, but normally it abates after the first. Fingers crossed!
    Have to admit I'm feeling a little about all this. I too had HG with my twins till week 22. I was in hospital for a month, then on bed rest with occasional trips to ER for IV fluids. At the same time, my dad was having chemo and my mom fractured her pelvis. Stress didn't cause HG but it damn sure didn't help!

    On the plus side, at about week 28 my appetite was back fully so I ate like a horse for 6 weeks and ended up gaining weight overall. Hope Kate gets better much more quickly than I did!

  14. #134

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,438
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4354
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Have to admit I'm feeling a little about all this. I too had HG with my twins till week 22. I was in hospital for a month, then on bed rest with occasional trips to ER for IV fluids. At the same time, my dad was having chemo and my mom fractured her pelvis. Stress didn't cause HG but it damn sure didn't help!

    On the plus side, at about week 28 my appetite was back fully so I ate like a horse for 6 weeks and ended up gaining weight overall. Hope Kate gets better much more quickly than I did!
    22 weeks? That's awful!

    My sceptical might also come from the source - the mirror isn't a great paper, and if you read the article there isn't much fact in it. It's a not a relapse, it's just continued, and for all we know she could be living in a bubble with no idea what's going on or the uproar. If the palace wants to keep her calm and stress free, they could have kept it from her.

    I have a feeling that, even if she weren't ill, Kate would be one of those women who leave hospital after giving birth looking like they just left a health spa She's super thin already, so I hope she's better before 22 weeks.

    And I hope, given you had a rough pregnancy, you had good babies? Ones that...slept? Sometimes?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  15. #135

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    There isn't anything in that article that says stress brought this back on only that she is having a recurrence. It also states that having recurrences happens. My guess -- it's just part of the normal phase of having such a condition. That being said, I hope she has a milder case that leaves her sooner than later.
    Crazy about sports!

  16. #136

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,869
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    88942
    I hope she has healthy twins ... Then if she decides she doesn't want to go through this again, she will still have an heir and a spare.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

  17. #137
    recovering Oly-holic
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the frozen, snowy north
    Posts
    1,259
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3166
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    And I hope, given you had a rough pregnancy, you had good babies? Ones that...slept? Sometimes?
    They slept pretty well and I had mom-in-law to help for the first 3 months. She was amazing..I didn't want her to leave!

    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    I hope she has healthy twins ... Then if she decides she doesn't want to go through this again, she will still have an heir and a spare.
    Some days I'd be ok with giving her mine! They're in the "energetic eights" and there isn't enough caffeine in the world to help me keep up with them.

  18. #138

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Infected with the joy of skating!!
    Posts
    10,547
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14026
    How weird would it be if she was having twins, and end up having a C-section? The OBGYN would be determining who was the heir and who was the spare!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

  19. #139
    Tranquillo
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    behind the gruppetto
    Posts
    24,963
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    37484
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    As horrible as it is, stress actually doesn't play a role in Hyperemesis gravidarum.
    I've got no medical training, and I'm not naive enough to think reading an article would make me knowledgeable about any complex medical situation, but at least some medical professionals don't think the question is so absolute. The Univ of Maryland Medical Center public information site indicates the exact cause of hyperemesis gravidarum is unknown and lists 6 factors that may contribute including:

    •Psychological factors. Stress can often make you physically ill. The anxiety that can accompany a pregnancy may trigger acute morning sickness.
    I certainly think the physical factors are the primary ones, but I'm always hesitant to make absolute statements about any medical condition.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

  20. #140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,749
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    How weird would it be if she was having twins, and end up having a C-section? The OBGYN would be determining who was the heir and who was the spare!
    I think it is usually determined by the babies' positions, so s/he really wouldn't be choosing.

Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •