Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I was watching Anderson's daytime show and this was part of the First 15. Megan McCain was his Co Host and she was saying as someone who lived under Secret Service Protection for a portion of her life, no way would that happened in the US.

Considering the screw up the Secret Service were outed for earlier this year, not so sure I'd be using them as your point of reference...Anyway...

I also have a feeling not only will someone be fired over this, but that Radio Show in Australia will be getting a call from Will and Kate's Lawyers too.

I would *not* have wanted to be around William when he heard about this happening...*shudder*

eta ~ Just saw the story on this on Toronto CTV's Supper Hour cast and Edward and Sophie came to visit for a little while today. They also stopped to talk to the Press and Edward talks about a good friend of theirs went through this and they would not wish this on anyone.

Nice to see some of the Family coming to visit. This also reinforces a hunch of mine if this is a little Princess, one of the names will be Sophie. We all read the stories about how Sophie helped out Kate during the Engagement and it was obvious during the Paralympics they enjoy each other's company and are close.

If not, then the Countess will be a Godmother, but you read it here first. If it's a Princess, there will be some connection to Sophie in some way.

Just a hunch though.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 12-05-2012 at 11:30 PM.

vCash
    I hope that the Duchess feels better and is able to be released from hospital, soon.
    All of the uproar can't make the situation easier for her.

vCash
    YouTube ~ Royal baby 'perfect end to an amazing year'

The Wessexes speaking to the Press outside the Hospital.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    YouTube ~ Royal baby 'perfect end to an amazing year'

The Wessexes speaking to the Press outside the Hospital.
    They were not at the hospital, but rather outside an event they were attending today. They have not yet been to the hospital. Kate's parents have, though, as well as Pippa and James.

vCash
    That's not how CTV spun it and I did think things didn't look quite right from the pictures of William leaving, but since I've never been to London and don't know the area...

Thanks for the correction and setting things straight.

vCash
    I love this article. So much agreement! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...rood-mare.html

vCash
    If the baby is a girl, I am betting the names Victoria & Elizabeth are going to be in there.

Also, I think they'll stop at two names, like "normal" people.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    If the baby is a girl, I am betting the names Victoria & Elizabeth are going to be in there.
    Elizabeth absolutely. Just about all if not every first born girl in the current Royal Family has the name - gotta honour the reigning Queen Plus, it's Kate's middle name, and her mothers. Slam dunk I think.

Personally, I'm banking on Charlotte Frances Elizabeth. Charlotte honours William's father, who will be the king as the child is growing up. Plus, it's a good royal name that will befit the future Queen of England, and as a bonus for Kate, it's her sister's middle name. Frances of course is a nice way to honour William's mother without it being blatant, and better yet, the male form is Kate's father's middle name, and his father's as well.

I like the idea of getting Sophie in there, but have they really been that close? Plus she has no pedigree. Fine for a second child, but not for a future monarch. I think even as a godmother - can't recall who are William's and Harry's godparents, but I'm thinking the appointment is somewhat political, an honour bestowed, or am I wrong?

If it's a boy, I'm not sure. I definitely see Charles of course as one of the names, but not first. I see Philip, especially as William's grandfather is very old and ailing, and it would no doubt please grandma. Plus again, Kate can take a little pride in it being her sister's name. But for the first name? The future King of England? Definitely a name that has already been king I think, but maybe something less used - John or Stephen perhaps.

vCash
    I really doubt it would be John.
    William's godparents are:

King Constantine II of Greece
    Princess Alexandra
    The Duchess of Westminster
    Lady Susan Hussey
    Lord Romsey
    Sir Laurens van der Post

I don't see Pippa or Harry in line for that role. As someone said, the designations are somewhere political.

I also don't see the Queen or Prince Charles agreeing to anything like just two names in order to be modern or nontraditional. Maybe when baby number two comes along. But not for the future sovereign. A modern monarchy does not mean a monarchy that abandons tradition. Elizabeth is a bit low on names (three). On the other end of the spectrum, her uncle Edward VIII (the Duke of Windsor) had seven.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Yeah, let's not go the way of the Duke of Windsor--I believe his great-granny named him and geez, she went overboard.

Speaking of him, I'm willing to bet "David" is off the table as a name. I'm not certain the Queen ever entirely forgave him and that's the name used by the family.

Though from that generation, while neither's hugely popular as a general-public baby name, George or Albert somewhere in a boy's name would be a nice nod to William's great-grandfather, and "George" is one of Charles's middle names.

vCash
    I think George may well be on the short list for the first name for a boy. And I agree that Phillip is highly likely to be a middle name.

They may branch out a bit more for a girl. Personally, I like Charlotte. I also wonder if Alexandra is a possibility. It is the Queen's second name and Victoria's actual first name was a variation of it (Alexandrina).

vCash
    The Church of England has created, and released the text of, a prayer for the Cambridges.

The Church of England ~ A Prayer for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

I think it's beautiful.

vCash
    It would be nice if they could choose a somewhat unique first name and then add all the family names afterwards. It seems like there's been so many kings and queens named George, Phillip, Alexandra, Elizabeth, Victoria, etc.. Or, even if there was only one, they were pretty famous historically. This kid is going to be a future Monarch...it would be nice if they could have a name that will stand the test of time historically and not get muddled with anyone else's.

But that is the opinion of this Britainically (is that even a word?) uneducated American. :p

vCash

I also have a feeling not only will someone be fired over this, but that Radio Show in Australia will be getting a call from Will and Kate's Lawyers too.
    I don't agree. I think the nurse would be in more trouble, because she's the one who gave out details without checking who it was.

There was a similar case a few years ago in Australia where some tv show pranksters from a show called 'The Chaser' imitated the Canadian motorcade and got through security. They were arrested, but the charges were thrown out of court because any reasonable policeman should have seen that they were obviously, and comically, frauds. It's the same here. They put on fake accents and were going on about Corgis - they never expected to be put through. Surely the hospital should have known the media would be calling? Their original statement clearly indicates damage control.

It was also vetted by lawyers before being put on air.

I totally agree that it was in poor taste and that the royals have every right to be furious, but fired? Legal action? Doubtful. The worldwide publicity is a dream for the radio station, it's not illegal and there's been no comment from the Palace, leading me to think they don't care as much as the rest of the media do A phone call the hospital should have anticipated isn't the same as nude photos taken and published without knowledge or consent.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Since I had to get up for a bathroom visit, decided to do a quick check of things and Kate has been discharged. She's back at Kensington Palace for "a period of rest".

vCash
    Pix and video of their departure from the hospital.

The poor dear! She looks sooo hungry. I just wanna hug them, they're too precious.

vCash
    Glad that she's been released.

As for the DJ fiasco, I don't blame the nurse that much either and hope she doesn't lose her job. It's not like she gave out much private info. Everyone knew why Kate was in there and what kind of treatment she received (IV) so it's not like what was given out wasn't already in the public domain. She passed an uneventful night. Hmmm, not much in that. I find that the receptionist who put the call through did the main damage since she is the first line of "defense" so to speak.

I blame the DJs, but then they didnt' think they'd get through, so, can't really blame them either. It wasn't done maliciously, that's for sure.

I remember when the Quebec DJs got through to the Queen, with all the staff thinking it was Jean Chretien, lol!!

vCash
    The Church of England has created, and released the text of, a prayer for the Cambridges.

The Church of England ~ A Prayer for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

I think it's beautiful.
    It is, indeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post

As for the DJ fiasco, I don't blame the nurse that much either and hope she doesn't lose her job. It's not like she gave out much private info. Everyone knew why Kate was in there and what kind of treatment she received (IV) so it's not like what was given out wasn't already in the public domain. She passed an uneventful night. Hmmm, not much in that. I find that the receptionist who put the call through did the main damage since she is the first line of "defense" so to speak.
    Good point. Maybe she was so starstruck that the Queen was calling that she didn't stop to think. Family would probably have her mobile number...
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    InStyle is speculating that their outfits leaving the hospital are a sign - both wearing royal blue!

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast