Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    They probably make better small talk than a lot of the people he has to greet.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I am SO happy for them, and hope that the duchess is feeling better soon. It's going to be fun to watch her progress over the coming months!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Yes, it was changed. The baby will be in line to the throne after William regardleess of its gender.
    Actually, no it hasn't. I was reading about this over at the CBC due to just what doing this in Canada could also mean...

CBC ~ Canada set for new law in case Kate's royal baby is a girl

Andrew MacDougall, the director of communications for the Prime Minister's Office, confirmed Monday that legislation will need to be introduced in the House of Commons and said it is the Harper government's hope that "it could be passed quickly."

"I believe the U.K. must introduce their legislation first," MacDougall wrote to CBC News. "I imagine that will be happening shortly."

The legislation is only expected to deal with the gender issue. Changes to other rules of eligibility – such as removing the discrimination against being Catholic – are not thought to be part of this particular change.
    If having to do this also means it's a change to our Constitution, then all hell could literally be let loose in Canada. Especially w/the PQ in power in Quebec right now.

I really don't want my Country going down that road again thank you very much. Even if it means the ratifying of this particular piece of legislation.

vCash
    Doing this as a separate post as it hasn't anything to do w/the Happy News from the UK today...

Views and News from Norway ~ Mette-Marit aided surrogate parents

My admiration for this lady has just grown. Was it a sticky situation? W/out a doubt. However, as HRH says herself in her statement, sometimes you have no good options in a situation such as this, so you do what you believe is the right thing to do. This could still produce problems for her just due to the entire debate and laws considering surrogacy in Norway, but I admire her so much for doing this.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    My niece had this for eight months. And she was in the hospital & had a feeding tube for 6 months. She had to lay flat on her back without a pillow & only get up to go to the bathroom. If she even lifted her head she would start to throw up. She finally came home from the hospital when she was 8 months pregnant.
    At that point, why go home? You only have to come back right away...

Funny, I was just looking at a tabloid (long line at Wally World this afternoon) with the headline "PALACE INSIDER CONFIRMS IT! Will and Kate Expecting!" and having not watched or listened to any news I just wondered about more speculation. Then of course when I logged on tonight and saw the headlines the first thing I thought was "Wonder if FSU has a thread yet?"

vCash
    I had HG when I was pregnant with my second son and it was so bad that i lost 15 lbs in less than a month. I had it throughout my pregnancy and took Diclentin. I had HG for a week after I had my son but it finally stopped.
    Post birth I was 10 lbs under my starting weight and within a month I had lost an additional 15 lbs. It was crazy. I truly hope she doesn't have it as long as I did.

Congrats to them!!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    With her looking so active and lively just a few days ago, I have to wonder if they are just being super cautious with her. She doesn't have an ounce to lose, so it wouldn't surprise me. In any event, I hope she's not too uncomfortable. She's got a long way to go.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Congratulations to William and Catherine!
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    congratulations to them!!

This is the general time frame that I figured they would be expecting, and with her changing cheeks and outfits in the last 2 weeks, you knew it was coming very soon. They finished the the obligations for the Jubilee/Olympic year, did their big tours, and they have been married a year and a half which is a good amount of time to become settled as a married couple and get used to their new lives. Many modern couples with busy lives, events upcoming, wait until certain things/events are over and they feel settled before deciding to try for a baby and that could be exactly what they did.

I hope Kate feels better. It sound miserable to be having even worse morning sickness than normal. Hope she gets the rest she needs and with the winter coming she can kind of "nest. "

I'm sure the Queen is thrilled and it makes an already special year for her even more special.

vCash
    I've read a few times today that calling hyperemesis gradidarum "severe morning sickness" is like calling meningitis a "severe cold". It greatly diminishes what is actually happening. I hope she is okay, and that the baby is too.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    All right, all right... in true British tradition this utterly momentous occasion merits a few vBets.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...th-(High-takes)

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...er-(High-takes)

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...me-(High-takes)

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    My niece had this for eight months. And she was in the hospital & had a feeding tube for 6 months. She had to lay flat on her back without a pillow & only get up to go to the bathroom. If she even lifted her head she would start to throw up. She finally came home from the hospital when she was 8 months pregnant.
    Oh no, that poor dear!

vCash
    What Kate Wore included this link to the Hyperemesis Education and Research website:
    http://www.helpher.org

Hopefully this does help raise awareness about the condition and research interest. Still, here's hoping they're being extra cautious and Kate doesn't suffer too severely, especially to the point of requiring a feeding tube.

(((taf's niece)))

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    At that point, why go home? You only have to come back right away...
    You're kidding, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I've read a few times today that calling hyperemesis gradidarum "severe morning sickness" is like calling meningitis a "severe cold". It greatly diminishes what is actually happening. I hope she is okay, and that the baby is too.
    AFAIK, the baby generally does alright. I know in my niece's case that they told her not to worry about the baby, that the baby would take what it needed. But if severe hyperemesis gradidarum is present in the 1st pregnancy, it is likely to be present or even worse in future ones. My niece was told not to have any more children or it might kill her. She did wait 9 yrs & finally talked her husband into a 2nd child. And her HG was even worse the 2nd time. I remember being so angry at her for risking her life & putting us all through months of anxiety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    All right, all right... in true British tradition this utterly momentous occasion merits a few vBets.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...th-(High-takes)

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...er-(High-takes)

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...me-(High-takes)
    You missed one. A few of the reports I've seen have also said this can be a sign of twins. Might not be a bad thing to add that one over there.

ETA ~ Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond has released the following statement...

My warmest congratulations and sincere best wishes to the Earl and Countess of Strathearn on this wonderful news. Everyone in Scotland will join me in wishing the couple the very best as they prepare for the birth of their first child.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 12-04-2012 at 07:17 AM.

vCash
    Congrats to Kate & William. May Kate get over this condition ASAP. I'm confident she will get the best care available.

vCash
    Awwww I'm excited for them. It's a bit sad that they weren't able to surprise their family with the news at Christmas like the Daily Mail article said they wanted to do. But lovely all the same.

vCash
    Maybe little junior will be born on Diana's birthday? (July 1)
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Today is the 13th Wedding Anniversary of TRH Crown Prince Philippe & Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium, The Duke & Duchess of Brabant.

Unfortunately, this is probably the ONE royal wedding for which I can't find ANY video on the interwebs. Since my Flemish is rusty, to the point of being non-existent, if ANYONE finds some archival news footage on a Belgian tv website or something to that effect, I guarantee Will & Kate will name their baby after you.

On a personal note, I spoke to Mama Fergus last night and she spilled the beans: Almost everyday for nine months while I was cooking, she barfed her brains out. At some point, the only thing she could keep down was watermelon. I asked if she was diagnosed with Kate's condition and she said no, they just called it plain old "morning sickness" back then. But she ended the conversation by saying she wants to smack anyone who thinks its just a little queasiness and up-chucking 'cause it's SOOO much worse than that: You start to think that you're gestating Rosemary's Baby. ((((Kate)))).
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-04-2012 at 01:24 PM.

vCash
    I know what you mean Fergus. It's downright odd there's *nothing* out there/on YouTube for Mathilde and Phllippe's Wedding, but there's not. I've looked too, as on my list of Top Ten Royal Wedding Gowns, Mathilde's is at the top spot, but very few people have seen it.

As I said...Just plain odd.

I hope now after being in hospital for a day and getting 24 hrs worth of treatment Kate's feeling a wee bit better today.

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast