Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Shibs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    There will be a LIVE chat with the "Shib Sibs" on Tuesday, December 11 at 3:30pm EST on the Official Facebook page of the U.S. Olympic Committee: https://www.facebook.com/events/175255905954507/

Alex also tweeted today that he and Maia "will be taping a segment for the @todayshow on Wed. (10 am) at Rockefeller Center that will air on Christmas morning!"
    Here are the recordings of the chat- sort of cut off at the end of each. But they're so cute!

http://www.livestream.com/usoc/video...edium=ui-thumb
    http://www.livestream.com/usoc/video...edium=ui-thumb

One interesting tidbit- they switched their Mary Poppins SD after Champs Camp because they got feedback that they were outskating it. Also, stay tuned they have another ShibSib video planned.

vCash
    They seem like sweet kids but I think their career has already peaked with that World bronze in 2011. Their results might improve a bit after Sochi, but it is not like they will fly back to the top. There are already teams ahead of them now roughly their age. I think they should skate together though, it is not like they do will do any better with anyone else at this stage of their career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mustafinabars View Post
    They seem like sweet kids but I think their career has already peaked with that World bronze in 2011. Their results might improve a bit after Sochi, but it is not like they will fly back to the top.
    I disagree. They weren't "supposed" to get World bronze in '11, that only happened because P/B faltered. I personally love the Shibs and recognize that they are a very, very talented team. Of course, there are always many factors, but I see no reason they can't be frontrunners after Sochi.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    I disagree. They weren't "supposed" to get World bronze in '11, that only happened because P/B faltered. I personally love the Shibs and recognize that they are a very, very talented team. Of course, there are always many factors, but I see no reason they can't be frontrunners after Sochi.
    Exactly. And their senior debut package was so perfectly tailored to them that they actually stood out. They had more issues with their programs the second time out, and even a little bit now (although I see great potential in the FD; I enjoy watching it very much, though). They made mistakes at Worlds and Alex has been injured or ill.

The first season had the stars align for them. No reason they can't align again. They're still super young.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123