Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Orphan Black - Season 2

This deserves its own thread IMHO. Season 2 starts tomorrow at 9:00 pm eastern on BBC America and Space in Canada. I've been doing a season 1 re-watch the last few days, and am once again struck by how absorbing the series is. Tatiana Maslany is a truly amazing actress. To whet your appetite, check out this "Cloneversation" with the cast hosted by Wil Wheaton earlier this week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb_HEyrBBs8 Warning: Wil can be a wee bit annoying at times.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I watched part of the Cloneversation on BBCA. Wil Wheaton is terrible!

But, for season 2!
    Creating drama!

vCash
    I'm so glad someone has started this thread! I love this show! Tatiana M. is absolutely superb; she has the look of a young Helen Mirren at times. And I love Jordan G. Actually the whole cast is terrific. Funny, I have an actor friend who auditioned for the show and didn't know a thing about it. I was trying to get some spoilers from him but he just read for a brief bit as a motel owner who didn't see anything.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    This show has become my TV crack addiction . I'm currently watching the marathon running on BBC America. They just started the second round of airing Season One in its entirety at 8:00pm EDT, which will run until 6:00am tomorrow morning, followed by the one-hour Cloneversation special from 6:00 until 7:00am. They're then going to re-air episodes 6-10 from 7:00 until Noon.

From Noon until 9:00, they're airing the entire Matrix Trilogy, and then at 9:00pm, of course...it's

SEASON TWO PREMIERE TIME!!

Only 21 hours (well, 15 minutes more than that) to go!!

Previously.tv has a discussion forum set up for it here: http://forums.previously.tv/forum/97-orphan-black/, and they will be doing recaps as other goodies here: http://previously.tv/shows/orphan-black/

ETA: Does anybody here think that Tatiana Maslany bears a bit of a resemblance to Elena Ilinykh? They're both , but someone about their looks/bone structure is strikingly similar IMO.

vCash
    BBC America air times for the Season Two Premiere (from my post at Previously.tv):

BBC America will be broadcasting the first episode of Season Two on Saturday 19/4/14 at 9:00pm EDT, and then again on Sunday 20/4/14 at 12:00am (midnight) EDT and 3:00am EDT. Local channels, depending on where you live, may be different, depending on your cable or satellite service.

They will also air it again on Sunday 20/4/14 at 11:00pm EDT.

Just wanted to post these additional air times in case anyone here is unable to catch it during the original premiere time.

vCash
    Wheeee, totally fab episode! I was a bit worried that the quality and intensity might drop off in Season 2, but it was just fine. Still blown away by the awesomeness that is Tatiana Maslany – I totally forget that it’s one person playing all these different characters.

Article on the episode (contains spoilers): 'Orphan Black' Declassified: EP Breaks Down Season 2 Premiere's Big Reveals

vCash
    Great start to season two and how about

Spoiler

?

vCash
    Damn - that has to be one of the best Season Premieres in the history of television!!

Tatiana Maslany killed it, as usual. Loved the scene where Sarah was pretending to be Cosima .

vCash
    It takes a superb actor to share a scene with T.M. but Jordan G. does it! He can really act his pants off, literally!

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I liked Sarah hitting Rachel after Rachel said you can't hit me.

vCash
    OMG Helena!
    "Excuse me, my sister shot me."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer11 View Post
    OMG Helena!
    "Excuse me, my sister shot me."
    And next week, she'll be in a hospital bed eating jello.

vCash
    Love this series, great premier. Jordan G. deserves an award just for putting on that provocative lingerie.

Soccer Mom is my favourite Great touch with the pepper spray and the whistle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    It takes a superb actor to share a scene with T.M. but Jordan G. does it! He can really act his pants off, literally!
    BBC America put out this video with some of Fe's best lines/scenes from Season One:

Jordan Gavaris is F-E-L-I-X

"You cannot hide in minimalist furniture!"

"Hey!!......Sharesies?"

"There's redness - right there - tiny little suburban stress zits!"

"Does your Daddy have a drinks trolley?"

....and my favorite: "Adios, Dragsters!!!"

Tatiana is definitely the star of OB, but Jordan/Felix damn near steals every scene he's in .

Beach Bum
    vCash
    My friend watches this -- we watched some of the season 1 marathon this weekend. She told me that she thought the actress based Helena's personality on Oksana Bauil!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    My friend watches this -- we watched some of the season 1 marathon this weekend. She told me that she thought the actress based Helena's personality on Oksana Bauil!

vCash
    Good ratings! 'Orphan Black' Season Two Premiere Doubles Adults 18-49 Season One Average

BBC AMERICA’s award-winning thriller, Orphan Black, returned Saturday night with its highest ever A18-49 rating. The series saw a 97% increase in A18-49, doubling the season one average, and is now second only to the channel’s highest rated series Doctor Who in A18-49. In addition, Orphan Black was the #1 television show on Twitter and Tumblr for the day and is the #1 basic cable drama on Twitter for the week.
    Spoiler re: Michiel Huisman’s role

Spoiler

Am I the only one old enough to remember Matt Frewer as Max Headroom? Every time Dr. Leekie speaks I giggle to myself a little bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Good ratings! 'Orphan Black' Season Two Premiere Doubles Adults 18-49 Season One Average

Spoiler re: Michiel Huisman’s role

Spoiler

Am I the only one old enough to remember Matt Frewer as Max Headroom? Every time Dr. Leekie speaks I giggle to myself a little bit.
    I remember MH and I must confess that I also giggle!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Definitely not the only one -- I busted out laughing when he first appeared on screen .

Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

vCash
    Meet The Woman (Besides Tatiana Maslany) Who Plays Every Single "Orphan Black" Clone

Kathryn Alexandre has been in every episode of Orphan Black, but you don’t know her face. The show’s clone double speaks about the behind-the-scenes role of a lifetime.
    Alexandre will appear in episode 9 as a character of her own. The accompanying behind-the-scenes video is fascinating.

Episode 2 tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Thanks for this! Now I'll really have to hold back the laughter when Leekie starts talking.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast