vCash

Skate Canada streaming competitions.

http://skatecanada.ca/en-us/eventsre...sonticket.aspx

(sigh) I can't say that I'm happy about the direction this is going.

vCash
    It's nice that (I assume) it remains open to those outside Canada as well as within, and I understand their own expenses becoming an issue, but this will already be $70 or so that I've spent to watch skating this season and it's just December. I don't mind having to pay for access to a sport, broadcast/non-limited cable coverage of which in the U.S. is simply not sustainable at this point in time. But the extent of the expense for what I personally take from the coverage feels disproportionate. More a la carte options all around might be nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pat c View Post
    http://skatecanada.ca/en-us/eventsre...sonticket.aspx

(sigh) I can't say that I'm happy about the direction this is going.
    Yep, I guess it's the way of everything. Last season I enjoyed watching a bit of Canadian Nats online for no charge. Guess Skate Canada wised up and are going the way of IceNetwork. So get your low-cost subscriptions while they last, cuz it's sure to go up year by year. Consumers of all stripes and sports fans in general are continually screwed and will never stop paying until we're dead and buried.

I mean if you are a baseball fan, a tennis fan, a figure skating fan, etc., there are fees, fees, fees, fees. You pay for cell phone, land line, Internet connection, Wifi connection and devices, digital cable packages, I-Tunes, various movie packages, Ice Network, and must have premium Dish or DirectTV (God forbid!) in order to now get Universal Sports coverage, and the list goes on and on and on. There is never really any a la carte because consumers don't have much choice -- you have to pay for a whole shebang, just to get a few channels you actually watch.

This is why as a consumer I'm happy to find free streaming wherever I can, and I resist purchasing IN until later in the season at which time I might have been able to scrape up enough money for the exorbitant price. Then to have to turnaround and pay an additional fee for 4CCs and Worlds is like a kick to the behind, the face, and the stomach, not to mention the limp 'ol pocketbook.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 12-01-2012 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    PML.. Scott, Patrick & Tessa all have some sort of red on them, the website has a red theme then there comes Caro in all of her Yellow/Green goodness to steal the spotlight, it feels like she's saying "This is MY poster "b!tches!!"

vCash
    I also started a thread in the TV Alerts forum (probably should have put it in GSD - mods, feel free to merge, if warranted): 2012-13 Skatebuzz Season Ticket - subscription required starting with Challenge
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    PML.. Scott, Patrick & Tessa all have some sort of red on them, the website has a red theme then there comes Caro in all of her Yellow/Green goodness to steal the spotlight, it feels like she's saying "This is MY poster "b!tches!!"
    No, it's Patrick saying: "That's right, I'm the King of the Mountain, crown me already!"

And Virtue/Moir saying: "Yeah, we're getting rid of this lame FD alright, Carmen here we come! We're too sexy for this Funny Face crap!"

With all the OTT red, Skate Canada is probably saying: "We're out for blood! That's right, b$$ches, pay up!"

The tag should read: "Get closer and take a bow, so we can screw you like IceNetwork does"

Okay, yes, I know everybody needs their money, and hard-working consumers (die-hard skating fans) are the ones who have to pay
    Last edited by aftershocks; 12-01-2012 at 06:53 PM.