Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    *Finally* got my Toronto Stars on Ice photos done and up. Still need to do Hamilton!

http://kurtfiles.com/pics/event.php?...on+Ice&search=

BTW, since I think most people don't know about the feature, if you go to the main photo page on my site:
    http://kurtfiles.com/pics

You can use the search box to look at the photos of just the skaters you're interested in, or just the programs, or whatever. I wasn't as good about it in early years but recently I make sure to tag the skater in every photo he or she appears in (Group numbers, transitions, etc). The search system is quite limited - it's really dumb so you have to do exact matches with program names and skater names, and it doesn't understand dates (you can't search "Patrick Chan 2013"). It can't handle quotes or apostrophes or words like AND or NOT that aren't in the title. But if you do, like, "Patrick Chan Toronto Stars on Ice" it'll give you all my photos of Patrick from Toronto SOI. Or "Kurt Browning Singing in the Rain" will give you all my photos of Singing in the Rain. I know some people want to see all the photos and some just their favorite skaters, so hopefully this gives you more ways to look for what you want.

vCash
    I enjoyed the show in Calgary. Everyone did quite well, only one fall I believe... from Kaetlyn on her 3toe which she misses 99% of the time in her exhibitions (and in her fs )
    Most of the performances I had seen before but there were some great new ones... loooooooooved Shawn Sawyer's carmina burana... amazing butterfly costume!!

vCash
    2 more sleeps!!!!!

vCash
    Just got home from the Edmonton show... I sat on the ice, Patrick came up to the little girl sitting next to me (she wasn't more than 4 or 5) and asked her if he could have some of her pretzel, she just looked at her mom and hid her face in mommy

Don't really have much more to add, my favorite program was Meg and Eric. Kurt of course got a Standing O at the end. Edmonton crowds are really nitpicky for who they stand for, at least that's what I've noticed in the last couple years. Jeff was fantastic, I absolutely loved the Kerr's program with the pipes, I know it's an old program but a definite crowdpleaser for sure. People were right when they noticed Joannie looking to be thinner than in the past. She's still in great shape but I definitely noticed it in her. She has slimmed down - not that she was ever big to begin with, but maybe lost a tad of muscle definition, of course I'd kill to be in half as good a shape as she is though.
    Kyle

vCash
    I'm sure as kylet3 says that Joannie is thinner because she isn't in heavy weight training mode as she would be if she were still competing. Getting through a show program isn't as taxing as a competitive free skate with all the jumps required.

vCash
    I went to the Calgary show - splurged on floor seating for my friend and I. It was a fantastic show - so entertaining and worth the money even on one of the first nice Sundays we have had in Calgary all year. I loved everything - thought the group numbers were sensational. I love Tessa and Scott and that goes without saying with me but some other highlights for me were - Jeff - he tugs at my heart strings and everything seems so organic with him (the connection to the music, his movement, the blade work, his expressions) - loved Joannie and several people around me commented on how much more natural she looks entertaining - she has really grown , Patrick was goofy and adorable and thrilling, Kurt (of course - no words), Shawn is so in his element now - I hope he show skates for a long, long time. The skaters all seemed very relaxed and just having a great time together.
    pug lover

vCash
    The Victoria show is tonight. I don't have a ticket. Been waiting for a Groupon offer, but I think that it's too late now.

Hmm. Have to watch my grandson's musical from 5:30 to 6:30. Will I try for a last minute ticket at the box office?

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    The Victoria show is tonight. I don't have a ticket. Been waiting for a Groupon offer, but I think that it's too late now.

Hmm. Have to watch my grandson's musical from 5:30 to 6:30. Will I try for a last minute ticket at the box office?
    Go for it!! It's worth it.

vCash
    Hope you got in JasperBoy! It was a great show

vCash
    Here is a music video featuring the cast of Stars on Ice to the song Somebody that I used to know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o992CCmJFlo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post
    Here is a music video featuring the cast of Stars on Ice to the song Somebody that I used to know:

Weird, but also well done.
    All through the video I kept thinking someone was missing but I couldn't figure out who... until the last 3 seconds lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post

Thanks. That is great. Fortunately.. no naked bodies and colourful graphics - all black and white like the costumes.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Sadly, I did not make it to CSOI last night. Grandson's show ended at 7, then I had to take Mom back to residence and get her settled.

It's OK, though. Grandsons were brilliant and Mom was good. Maybe next year.

vCash
    I AM SO GLAD I WENT!!!!

My only complaint is I loved so many of the skaters so much I didn't know where to look in the group numbers- and since I had on ice seats - that made things difficult!

I loved seeing Carmen so close and so freely skated! The crowd got so quiet and I just don't think they could have done it better. This number alone made it worth it for me.

Of course it was an absolute honour to see Singin in the Rain in person, Kurt is one of my all time favourite skaters and Kurt and Jeff are both just so incredibly musical.

I don't know how I forgot exactly how much I adore Jeff Buttle. Jeff's 2nd number was to die for IMO. Oh. Every beat of music every detail choreograhed and he is so committed. He is such a dancer! And his choreography was just wonderful as well - very much like him - musical, creative, every detail taken care of.

I loved the opening number and the World Champion number and the closing number was excellent too.

I loved seeing Patrick Chan having fun and Shawn Sawyer's theatricality and flexibility and insane sense of performance.

I really liked the addition of Duhamel and Radford and the Kerrs - and I loved the Canadian boxers!

What a terrific show and cast! Lucky us!
    Last edited by The Accordion; 05-11-2013 at 02:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    CSOI ends on 10 May (a week from tomorrow) in Vancouver.

Where in Canada will she be? There may be some local shows.
    Last week of June and first week of July - Montreal.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Videos from the London show:
    Re-posting from the V&M thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    this is the champions number from soi london
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRncs...ature=youtu.be
    Re-posting from the Chan über thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    ETA 2 photos tweeted today by Seattle local news station KING5:
    "In beautiful Vancouver w/ ashwagner2010 Great interview. Final night for @starsonice Canadian tour" http://pic.twitter.com/jKtbyMgh0n

"The @starsonice folks hit the streets of Vancouver, @AshWagner2010 & @Pchiddy mugging for the camera." http://pic.twitter.com/GlFodVwVFK

ETA #2 - Meagan Duhamel's SOI blog (May 3): http://www.starsonice.com/?content=blog&id=5094
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-11-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    There is an adult with a red Lindt t-shirt putting a bunch of kids in red Lindt t~shirts through the drill of lifting white cards that say "Lindt" then pictures of chocolate then "Tessa & Scott."

I hope bad dress rehearsal is good luck for later.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    John Kerr tweeted this photo of himself and Tessa in Vancouver: pic.twitter.com/ZE9gM8ToY8

vCash
    Vancouver show, amazing. I loved last years show. I loved this years show even more. They are seriously top of the heap, talents for the ages.

The show is incredibly tight, each number flowed into the next. The music is FANTASTIC. Seriously, it's like they banded together beforehand and discussed Soundtrack because every one of the tunes I would totally rock on the stereo, in the exact order. Light ephemeral impressionist vignettes from Jeffrey and Joannie was really special. Campy White Stripes from Shaun and mascara as prop, rockstar. Sade from Joannie (whom, I agree with other reflections, is seriously alluring, her range of movement has increased since 2010 and I love watching her arms and shoulders, and pointed toes). Kurt was just...no words. He's got it. Singing in the Rain is other worldy. Nostalgic and romantic, and silly and just ever so slightly heart aching.

The costuming really stood out for me in the group numbers, which were fantastic! So much going on, there will be much youtube nerding for me to catch all those missed moments. There were so many stand out moments...

Tessa and Scott, I had to yell a throat strained WE LOVE YOU, over-whooped voice be damned. Stay was a fresh-watch for me, and I can wax lyrical with a string of adjectives but it's all been said before, so all I have to say is the buzzy lucky-fan feeling remains stronger than ever in me.

Patrick is a sex god. With a mega watt goof grin. He's just so powerful on the ice. And all sinewy and muscles. Delish.

The Kerr's were a fantastic addition to the group. I see why they've gained a reputation as beloved crowd pleasers. There's something about their energy. Not to mention, John Kerr's back, and front-side flash during the bows after their ode to Scotland number.

Prank: during the Gold Medallists number, Kurt grabbed a bucket of water by the stage door right before the spotlight introduced Patrick and dumped it on the unsuspecting sucker, who took it like a champ.

Meagan and Eric didn't skate their solos?

Such a fun, memorable evening. Hope everyone who went out to the shows this season had an amazing time too!
    Last edited by jl22aries; 05-11-2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: spelling...always spelling

vCash
    Also, saw Jeremy Ten outside on the concourse.

Incidentally, I was with a girlfriend of mine when we saw Mr. Ten, and she's like a charm for celebrity encounters (yes, celebrity) because it was walking with her arm in arm down a sunny busy street downtown a short while ago that I took a turn into Mr. Sandhu. And being emboldened by a brewsky or two, I shouted out "Eman!" which prompted his attention and removal of headphones, and a split second of confusion a la "do i know this person? should I know this person? should I front the same familiarity as she's projecting? what's going on" to which I followed up with a hasty "love you". And then we had passed each other, and the moment was complete.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast