Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 183
  1. #121

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Age
    64
    Posts
    522
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1689
    I can hardly wait to see Patrick on Sunday in Calgary. Big, big hugs from me.
    pug lover

  2. #122
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,330
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17143
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Ashley Wagner's blog (April 24): http://www.starsonice.com/?content=blog&id=5055

    Joannie Rochette's blog (April 30): http://www.starsonice.com/?content=blog&id=5066
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  3. #123
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    618
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't want to wash my hand ever again... tonight I shook hands with Jeff Buttle, Patrick Chan, and Kurt Browning. The Winnipeg show was a great show! Joannie Rochette and Kurt Browning were the highlights for me - loved both their numbers. Done for another year

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    315
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I keep meaning to ask- what is the merchandise like this year, in particular the shirts?

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,551
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    6051
    Is there any SOI ore equivalent in June? My colleague is going back to Canada for holiday in June. I will let her if there is any.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  6. #126
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    440
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    I don't want to wash my hand ever again... tonight I shook hands with Jeff Buttle, Patrick Chan, and Kurt Browning. The Winnipeg show was a great show! Joannie Rochette and Kurt Browning were the highlights for me - loved both their numbers. Done for another year
    Perfect way to end a skating season, isn't it?

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    618
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post


    Perfect way to end a skating season, isn't it?
    Can't agree more.

  8. #128
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    18,219
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    19208
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Is there any SOI ore equivalent in June? My colleague is going back to Canada for holiday in June. I will let her if there is any.
    CSOI ends on 10 May (a week from tomorrow) in Vancouver.

    Where in Canada will she be? There may be some local shows.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

  9. #129

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,105
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    I don't want to wash my hand ever again... tonight I shook hands with Jeff Buttle, Patrick Chan, and Kurt Browning. The Winnipeg show was a great show! Joannie Rochette and Kurt Browning were the highlights for me - loved both their numbers. Done for another year
    Aww, what a nice memory for you! Did you have on-ice seats?

    A few comments about the Winnipeg show……..we had great seats, row 1 center ice. Decent size crowd this year and quite enthusiastic. Only two SO’s though, one for Kurt and one at the end of the show. Mostly clean performances, one fall by Patrick, and a wiffed 3sal and a fall on a 3toe by Kurt. He made up for the sal by doing it at the end of the program, but the fall on the toe happened during Singing In The Rain when he was holding the umbrella, so it was actually pretty Overall, we both felt it was probably the best SOI in many years, possibly ever. So much quality skating it’s hard to pick highlights, except for Singing In The Rain, which was an absolute privilege to see. And It was so nice to have a pair team back in the cast again! My coach commented that D/R come across much better live than they do on TV. I also love how sophisticated the group numbers have become over the last couple of years. Hard to photograph with so much going on, but amazing to watch! Started uploading my pictures here if anyone wants to have a look: http://skateshutterbug.zenfolio.com/p918534020

    BTW, does anyone else think Joannie looks thin?
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phila., PA
    Posts
    3,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^ Woohoo, more gorgeous pics. Thank you!

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,551
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    6051
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    I don't want to wash my hand ever again... tonight I shook hands with Jeff Buttle, Patrick Chan, and Kurt Browning. The Winnipeg show was a great show! Joannie Rochette and Kurt Browning were the highlights for me - loved both their numbers. Done for another year
    Bailey, you should make hand print, frame it up with caption - I hugged Jeff, Patrick and Kurt. (that's your hand talking).

    Thank you so much shutterbug! Love those pictures. Gosh Megan's defying gravity pose is
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  12. #132
    Skating supporter
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    Posts
    3,485
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5293
    Great photos, shutterbug. Thanks for sharing!
    Can't skate but love to watch

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    440
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Aww, what a nice memory for you! Did you have on-ice seats?

    A few comments about the Winnipeg show……..we had great seats, row 1 center ice. Decent size crowd this year and quite enthusiastic. Only two SO’s though, one for Kurt and one at the end of the show. Mostly clean performances, one fall by Patrick, and a wiffed 3sal and a fall on a 3toe by Kurt. He made up for the sal by doing it at the end of the program, but the fall on the toe happened during Singing In The Rain when he was holding the umbrella, so it was actually pretty Overall, we both felt it was probably the best SOI in many years, possibly ever. So much quality skating it’s hard to pick highlights, except for Singing In The Rain, which was an absolute privilege to see. And It was so nice to have a pair team back in the cast again! My coach commented that D/R come across much better live than they do on TV. I also love how sophisticated the group numbers have become over the last couple of years. Hard to photograph with so much going on, but amazing to watch! Started uploading my pictures here if anyone wants to have a look: http://skateshutterbug.zenfolio.com/p918534020

    BTW, does anyone else think Joannie looks thin?
    Wonderful shots! Thanks! I agree with your coach about D/R looking better live. Or maybe they're gaining in confidence as a result of the medal or learning from their fellow skaters or both. Not sure but love the result! They did a throw in front of me and I strained my neck looking up!
    Joannie looks very trim and in incredible shape. Not sure if she's thinner. Sure does get more and more gorgeous with every year. Her skating has interesting choreo, not the usual poses we so often see. Long may she entertain us!

  14. #134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,284
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Both of Joannie's show programs this year seem really interesting, especially "That Man". She has always been better in shows than in competitions IMO but since 2010 she has grown so much as a performer. I think touring has taught her how to "let go" of herself and her musicality and versatility really shine. Unfortunately there's only a low-quality fan video of "That Man" on Youtube shot pretty far away. If anyone has a recording of it please do post it! It would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by shine; 05-04-2013 at 02:51 AM.

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    618
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes, she has really grown as a performer these past few years. The difference between Joannie and Ashely (and I love Ashley's skating) was profound... Joannie has become an exceptional performer. And yes, my group did also comment that Joannie looked very, very thin.

  16. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,449
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    update ...

    i was indeed too late to get tickets to the meet and greet, but after a few emails, i ended getting a pass to the pre-show where i met tessa and scott. i'm always in the virtue-moir thread so you may not know, but i'm the blogger behind compulsory dances, which is a blog dedicated to tessa and scott. i wrote about the experience here.

    i did cover the rest of stars on ice, but it's tessa and scott focused. here are some things you might find interesting:

    videos (their numbers + cast numbers)
    photos (ditto)
    my review (ditto)

  17. #137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    733
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I seem to be super slow at these things these days, but I finally wrote up my (non proofread) review of the Toronto and Hamilton shows:
    http://www.kurtfiles.com/soi/soirevi...oi13torham.php

    I'm still working on photos from both shows...

  18. #138

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,551
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    6051
    Thanks iggie for posting on this thread so that others can read your blog too. Thanks Teenes for the review. Sounds like a lot of fun and camaraderie among the cast which is heartening to watch.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  19. #139
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    440
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks iggie and Teenes! The taste of that show is still in my mouth! Yum.

  20. #140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    618
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Did they play "I Think It's going to Rain today" before the show in every city? Does anyone know what version of the song (who sang it) they played?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •