Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Just back from the Toronto show! Wonderful! The choreography has become superb over the years. I used to find group numbers a bit slapped together at the last minute years ago but now the standard is so high and seems to get better every year! I can honestly say I enjoyed every number. Carmen, Singing in the Rain, and the Kurt/Tessa/Scott/Jeff/Patrick one were spectacular.
    Great to meet emdee and sat beside Tina of the Kurt Files. Since she was doing photos, the skaters all honed in on our section and we got the most marvelous attention! Patrick was really funny; he looked quite goofy and we all laughed which made him goofier which made us laugh even harder and you get the idea.
    And I finally scored a coup! After years of waiting, I got a hug from Kurt! Weeeeee! And managed to high five most of the cast. A truly wonderful night! Hamilton and London, you are in for a real treat! I say this every year and every year I mean it: best show ever!
    Very very happy tonight.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Still coming down from one heck of a fantastic show at the ACC tonight. Wow...Just WOW!!! Take a bow Jeff and Renee for putting together one heck of a great show this year!!!

Oh and SOI sign Javi Fernandez PRONTO!!! He was literally the show stealer tonight and had everyone nearly on the floor.

Just such a great night of skating and exactly what I needed after the last year and a bit too. Thanks for another show of great memories Cast Members!!

vCash
    Yes, Tolkin Fan and Scrufflet, it truly was a really well put together show. Everybody shone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    Hope you are all enjoying the tour in other cities! Skoppa, my apologies - the link for Ashley Wagner's "Sweet Dreams" program is now "unlisted" as opposed to "private". My apologies for the quality.
    Thanks a lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    Just back from the Toronto show! Wonderful! The choreography has become superb over the years. I used to find group numbers a bit slapped together at the last minute years ago but now the standard is so high and seems to get better every year! I can honestly say I enjoyed every number. Carmen, Singing in the Rain, and the Kurt/Tessa/Scott/Jeff/Patrick one were spectacular.
    Great to meet emdee and sat beside Tina of the Kurt Files. Since she was doing photos, the skaters all honed in on our section and we got the most marvelous attention! Patrick was really funny; he looked quite goofy and we all laughed which made him goofier which made us laugh even harder and you get the idea.
    And I finally scored a coup! After years of waiting, I got a hug from Kurt! Weeeeee! And managed to high five most of the cast. A truly wonderful night! Hamilton and London, you are in for a real treat! I say this every year and every year I mean it: best show ever!
    Very very happy tonight.
    Wow.. sounds like it's a very successful show judging from the reviews. Kudos to the choreographers and cast. I can't wait to see the cast numbers.

Now Scrufflet, the next time you watch SOI, you definitely should sit next to Tina of Kurt Files since the skater won't miss that section of the rink. Scrufflet, did you get any personal pictures taken with Kurt?

Please post if there are more vids.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Oh and SOI sign Javi Fernandez PRONTO!!! He was literally the show stealer tonight and had everyone nearly on the floor.
    What was his exhibition number in SOI, please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    What was his exhibition number in SOI, please?
    Looks like his Ex in Worlds.

Here's a nice pix of Buttle, Xavier and Patrick.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Javier's number was he was leading a work out class starting out in work out clothes and then ending up wearing a Super-Javi suit. Thanks to the CBC for some stupid reason putting in those idiotic shots where the screen moves up and down on an angle during show numbers on Figures Skating Show Broadcasts, I was unable to watch the Gala from Worlds. That piece of stupidity stunt filming triggers Motion Sickness w/me and thanks to it, I haven't been able to watch the CSOI Broadcast on the CBC since Brian Orser's final year on Tour, as that was the last broadcast where they didn't pull that.

Hope that answers your question.

vCash
    Pictures from the Toronto show.

https://twitter.com/emi_skatefan/media/grid

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Photos from last night's show in Kingston: http://www.thewhig.com/2013/04/24/stars-on-ice-shine

ETA: Thanks to marikat for finding and posting the link!
    http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_r...=1366816838313

Tough choice for Patrick coz all those ladies look lovely.

vCash
    I was sitting in the first row near the end of the rink, so had a good view of some of the antics. One funny bit had Scott going over to a young boy and stealing a piece of popcorn from his bag. He popped it into his mouth and ate it while still performing one of the group numbers. The boy looked shocked at first, then was clearly thrilled and laughing with his mom. A moment he'll remember for a while!

I also got a close up view of Shawn's antennae fingers which was the highlight of his butterfly number

It is an amazing cast this year. Not a weak link in the bunch and the group numbers were fantastic!

vCash
    It was nice to meet you, Scrufflet! I have to say, sitting next to me is no guarantee of Kurt attention, but a center ice on-ice location? That's a pretty good way to get skaters' attention even when there isn't a camera there! =)

I did enjoy the show quite a lot - Jeff Buttle and Renee Roca did a wonderful job with the group choreography, especially the opening, closing, and Come Together numbers. I need to get a better view of the five World Champions number tonight in Hamilton, though - I managed to knock my contact lens out at the beginning of it and couldn't really see what was going on!

Javier did the aerobics instructor number choreographed by Kurt and it was a big hit with the crowd. That guy definitely has a charismatic personality!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Wow.. sounds like it's a very successful show judging from the reviews. Kudos to the choreographers and cast. I can't wait to see the cast numbers.

Now Scrufflet, the next time you watch SOI, you definitely should sit next to Tina of Kurt Files since the skater won't miss that section of the rink. Scrufflet, did you get any personal pictures taken with Kurt?

Please post if there are more vids.
    Oh I wish I'd been able to get a photo with Kurt! That would have been truly sublime! My friend and I got a few shots before the show. But I have to say it was fascinating sitting beside Teenes with her monster camera; it's practically a Hubbel telescope! I'm so high this morning! And lucky Teenes gets to go again! Keep your contacts in and get those photos for the quintet no.! Weeee! So many highlights! I'm glad the rest of you had fun too!
    My only complaint: empty seats! Given the quality of that show, every seat should have been filled with SRO! Obviously, Toronto does not realize what it has here. I hope next year means a packed house post-Olympics.
    So did I mention I got a hug from Kurt?! Bwwwaaaaah!

vCash
    Thanks for the reports! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS! Yayyyyy!~

vCash
    Thanks to all for the info about Javi´s programme! I´m very glad for his success with the audience...

Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    WOW, a very nice of photos of them three!!! It surprises me that Javi seems to be the tallest of the trio.
    Last edited by Jaana; 04-28-2013 at 08:49 AM.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Just got home from the faux London show. Loved it all. In addition to everything mentioned above, the other highlights for me were Shawn Sawyer, the Joannie/Jeff Piano Guys number and Joannie's last solo to That Man. She has really progressed as a show skater .. her arms and upper body are so much more fluid. Also agree that the choreo is superb. Kudos to Jeff Buttle and Renee Roca.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    the Joannie/Jeff Piano Guys number
    I can't believe I had forgotten about this one! The two of them together were fabulous!

vCash
    Yes I too forgot about that one and it was fabulous. All of the show was great!

vCash
    The London house was packed in the lower level. The best crowd I've seen here for SOI in years. There were even some people in the upper level, which has been curtained off in recent years. The cheering when they would bow to each side was quite loud. When Jeff gave his World Vision speech, he said London never disappoints. So true.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thanks to Daniskates93 for her photos of the Toronto show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2429168...7633365740055/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Pre-show Patrick Chan article from the Winnipeg Free Press: Champion figure skater loves pre-Olympic push from Canadian fans

His off-balance, pre-Olympic season saw him uncharacteristically teeter between brilliance and the brink of disaster in competitions around the globe. The season culminated with a bad day at the office at ISU World Team Trophy in Japan earlier in April, where Canada's six-time national champion ranked just fifth for a free skate marred by three, spirit-deflating falls.

Considering that, Chan's debut tour with Investors Group Stars on Ice couldn't have come at a better time. The ovations he enjoys as he performs in 12 cities from Halifax to Victoria, including a stop at MTS Centre on Wednesday, are like a series of therapeutic hugs.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast