Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    More crazy glamour pusses from Japan: BEFORE YOU CLICK--DON'T, IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH! IT'S SOMEWHAT GRAPHIC.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/video/chan...-30711669.html

And here I think that teal eyeliner is OTT.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    sweet fancy moses, where are their parents and employers to shame them away from self mutilation?
    Last edited by my little pony; 02-02-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I know! Aside from looking like a tumor, it looks like it might cause a serious headache.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash

vCash
    I have a question: How can you do your eyes with eyeshadow when you have no eyelids? All the instrutions say to put the dark color in the crease, and there is no crease. The only other option is apparently cat eyes, and I tire of that. The girls at Ulta were done up like the Jersey shore and were not able to be terribly helpful. I purchased Smashbox soft box, but the only thing I can accomplish is an all over light color and eyeliner. What to do when your eyes are just stuck in the face with no lids to contour?

Disclaimer: On line tutorials are not helpful to me. Most just tell you to line your "waterline" and I tune out there because that is not something I consider good for your eye health. Also, why call it hooded eyes where there is nothing to hood the eye? Wouldn't a hooded eye logically be one that had something over it, which is what a hood is? I always thought those eyes that were deep set with big, defined lids were hooded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    I have a question: How can you do your eyes with eyeshadow when you have no eyelids? All the instrutions say to put the dark color in the crease, and there is no crease. The only other option is apparently cat eyes, and I tire of that. The girls at Ulta were done up like the Jersey shore and were not able to be terribly helpful. I purchased Smashbox soft box, but the only thing I can accomplish is an all over light color and eyeliner. What to do when your eyes are just stuck in the face with no lids to contour?

Disclaimer: On line tutorials are not helpful to me. Most just tell you to line your "waterline" and I tune out there because that is not something I consider good for your eye health. Also, why call it hooded eyes where there is nothing to hood the eye? Wouldn't a hooded eye logically be one that had something over it, which is what a hood is? I always thought those eyes that were deep set with big, defined lids were hooded.
    Everyone has an eyelid honey. Do you have "asian" or "monolid" eyes?
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Everyone has an eyelid honey. Do you have "asian" or "monolid" eyes?
    Well, yeah, I know I have eyelids, but they disappear when open. I have no idea where they go, sort of smush up like an accordian. So I assume that Asian eyes would be similiar. Think of what it would look like if someone just drew some eyes on a face and forgot to put eyelids on them. The makeup tutorials are completely useless, as are the salespeople, since they all yammer on about a crease-There is no crease. I suppose I should watch Asian tutorials, but most of the ones I have watched just try to create this mythical damn crease. I never wore eyeshadow for years because I thought I was useless at it-Turns out that it doesn't work for me at all.

Sigh. I like this new eyeshadow. I wish to wear it properly and forget about making a crease, don't want one.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think you need to forego drawing a crease and just go for shadows that will brighten the area, like naked lunch by MAC
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    I have hooded lids and I put the darker shade on the lid itself and the lighter shade on the "crease" (but under the browbone.) I do have a crease, but only when I have my lids closed.

vCash
    Well, yeah, I know I have eyelids, but they disappear when open. I have no idea where they go, sort of smush up like an accordian. So I assume that Asian eyes would be similiar. Think of what it would look like if someone just drew some eyes on a face and forgot to put eyelids on them. The makeup tutorials are completely useless, as are the salespeople, since they all yammer on about a crease-There is no crease. I suppose I should watch Asian tutorials, but most of the ones I have watched just try to create this mythical damn crease. I never wore eyeshadow for years because I thought I was useless at it-Turns out that it doesn't work for me at all.

Sigh. I like this new eyeshadow. I wish to wear it properly and forget about making a crease, don't want one.
    Okay, do you have monolid like Lucy Lui or do you have a "hooded" lid like Blake Lively, Emma Stone, Selena Gomez, and Taylor Swift?

This is a hooded eyelidhttp://makeupaddiction.com.au/wp-con...ed-eyes4-b.jpg

Your crease would be where your eyeball and brow bone meet. If you open your eyes and you can't see your lid, or very little of your lid than you have hooded eye. You just have to creat one right above where your crease normally is. It's no big deal. I have a hooded eye. I create a crease with a medium shade eyeshadow or just put a darker eyeshadow on the outer V of my eyelid.

Some of the best MUA on Youtube and the web have a monolid and a hooded eyes. I could recommend several.

So does your eyes resemble Lucy Lui's or Emma Stone, Blake Lively?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I have hooded lids and I put the darker shade on the lid itself and the lighter shade on the "crease" (but under the browbone.) I do have a crease, but only when I have my lids closed.
    I have a hooded eye too. But unless you're going for a smokey eye look, I wouldn't recommend putting the darker shade on the lid. It closes it eye up and "shrinks" the space. I recommend using a lighter shade on the lid.. to "open the eye" and a medium darker color slighly above my crease or I just do a darker color on the outer V of my lid.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash

I am there too - and for me, one eye is hooded and one eye is not!

What frankly looks best on me is a dark brown eyeliner (crayon or pencil is easiest) on my upper eyelash line, blended out. Enough so that you can see the color when my eyes are open, which for me is halfway up my eyelid when they're closed. And since my eyelid creases are uneven, I choose to make them look even when I have my eyes open. They will just have to be uneven when I blink.

It's a classic Asian look, probably for a reason. Well, that and I'm not used to wearing strong colors. It's probably best to keep it simple, especially when you have no crease to work off of.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I spent my Superbowl Sunday at various make up counters with a friend. Got the Chanel Rose Initiale Blush and lip gloss in Imaginaire.

I also sampled the Oxygen Wow foundation and Honey fits me perfectly but I didn't get it as I feel that the Bobbi Brown BB cream provides enough coverage. I don't really need a foundation. Oh and someone lost to someone in football today I guess.

from Speedy Death

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I have a hooded eye too. But unless you're going for a smokey eye look, I wouldn't recommend putting the darker shade on the lid. It closes it eye up and "shrinks" the space. I recommend using a lighter shade on the lid.. to "open the eye" and a medium darker color slighly above my crease or I just do a darker color on the outer V of my lid.
    I don't usually use darker colors since I'm extremely fair. And I have large eyes too, so I don't have to worry about making them look small.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I absolutely agree with this. No matter how big your eyes are, it makes eyebrows descend visually if you put a darker shade right under them. Not a good look. A lighter shade immediately underneath the brows makes you look fresher, happier and younger. If you are lazy like me, use Highbrow from Benefit. A swipe of that and your eyebrows get an instant lift.

If you feel that your eyes are big enough, you don't have to darken the crease and go with a lighter color on the lid and crease itself but save the lightest for underneath the brows.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    So does your eyes resemble Lucy Lui's or Emma Stone, Blake Lively?
    None of the above, really. More like Bai Ling. That suits me fine, I have no wish to draw on "Western" style eyes, but want to use the eyeshadow. I gave up on tutorials when the last one showed how to take the flat blank space and draw leopard spots on it.

It's all Jenna Marble's fault. Had I not found her channel with a makeup tutorial, I never would have even thought of eyeshadow or discovered such a thing as "hooded" eyes. (Jenna doesn't have hooded eyes, I found out I did after a Google search for more tutorials) How can it be called hooded when there is nothing there? I always assumed someone like Eliza Dushku had hooded eyes....Obviously, my makeup routine is Spartan and never included eyeshadow much.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    There are beautiful shading options for eyelids without the crease, without mimicking "Western eyes". This one is pretty if you are young and hip enough to pull off these colors: http://dweam.com/2009/08/31/face-of-...ue-eyeshadows/ I love the peach and the khaki green for her.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    None of the above, really. More like Bai Ling. That suits me fine, I have no wish to draw on "Western" style eyes, but want to use the eyeshadow. I gave up on tutorials when the last one showed how to take the flat blank space and draw leopard spots on it.

It's all Jenna Marble's fault. Had I not found her channel with a makeup tutorial, I never would have even thought of eyeshadow or discovered such a thing as "hooded" eyes. (Jenna doesn't have hooded eyes, I found out I did after a Google search for more tutorials) How can it be called hooded when there is nothing there? I always assumed someone like Eliza Dushku had hooded eyes....Obviously, my makeup routine is Spartan and never included eyeshadow much.
    Actually, I have a few websites and youtube gurus I would recommend.

emilyquak does a smokey eye

Birchboxtv Eye Makeup Tutorial for Monolids

*I highly recommend the palette she is using; "Balm Jovi". It costs $39(12 shades) at their website. The Balm have fantastic eye shadows. I have this "Shady Lady Vol 1(Cheetah)Palette"

Or I would recommend getting a Too Faced Palette - Natural & Neutral Palette.
    The Lorac Pro Palette is a good value too.

My personal input: the right brushes do ALL the work for you. What type of makeup brushes do you have? I can recommend a few.

vCash
    Question for the "glamour pusses"(I could have used another word....lol)

Who are your favorite YouTube Beauty Gurus and Beauty Bloggers?

vCash
    I'll list mine...

YouTube Beauty Gurus.....

Michelle Phan - I learned different makeup techniques by watching her videos. She is an ARTIST. The best YouTube Guru. She seems like a goofy, really cool young woman too.

Michelle Phan's Broken City MU Tutorial. One of my favorite looks from Michelle, "Clubbing Makeup Look"

Destiny Godley - As a WOC, until a few years ago it was hard to find makeup looks for darker women like myself. Destiny is creative and a brilliant MUA.
    Shes does drugstore and high end makeup tutorials, reviews and suggestions.

Purple Haze | Purple Smoky Eye Purple Lipstick I LOVE DRAMATIC EYE MAKEUP.
    Easy Rihanna Inspired Makeup Transformation I plan on trying this look this weekend.

Wayne Goss - Gossmakeupartist

HOW TO: HIGHLIGHT AND CONTOUR YOUR FACE!!!

DO NOT APPLY BLUSHER TO THE APPLES OF THE CHEEKS!!!!
    Tip: The brush he is using is the Nars Yachiyo Brush. It's a $50 brush. I bought a few months ago and I LOVE IT. It applies blush, bronzer, contour color fantastically. It gives the best soft finish of any brush I have ever used. And yes, I plan on using this brush FOREVER, so I take very good care of it.

Nikkie Tutorials - Adorable Blonde girl from The Netherland who is funny as heck and an amazing MUA.

2012 All-Time Favorites & Highlights

PixiWoo - The YouTube Gurus who are probably the biggest MUA on YouTube. Their looks are great, easy to do and very creative. Plus I really like Sam and Nic who are sisters I beleive. They are both so personable and seem to be lovely women inside and out.
    They have a blog, two YouTube Channels(Pixiwoo and Pixiwoo Madness) and they have are involved with a DailyMix Style Channel.

One of the best videos from , M.A.C LADY GAGA MAKE-UP TUTORIAL and Smokey Navy Blue Eye Makeup Tutorial

Some more of my favorite beauty gurus on YouTube are - ColouredBeautiful , Crystalis007, JulieG

Favorite Bloogers:

Crystalis007 , Temptalia, The NonBlonde, CafeMakeup, The Makeup and Beauty Blog The RaeViewer, TheBeautezine and of course my own blog , Getting-Pretty.com

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast